Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    It's nothing bad...just changing around some timing with players likely to come in earlier than I originally thought.
    I hope they're ready.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I see SG got the grid updated. I'm not surprised to see KK moved up. Always figured he'd want to come in with his brother. Gabe Temple pushed back a year. And I found where I saw his name is crossed off the Heisenberg list, crossed off on the 2020 list. Mistake, or knows something? And I see we have a new recruit on the grid, Oliver Bezick. When did we pick him up? Recently? or did he just fly under the radar for a bit? Sounds like a solid defender with some potential on the offensive upside.

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      I hope they're ready.

Kyle will be ready. I think we've got a truly top end player in that one.
      Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 07-11-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I don't believe anything this Heisenber joker writes until he removes the skunkhead colors from Tech's listing.

Comment

I don't believe anything this Heisenber joker writes until he removes the skunkhead colors from Tech's listing.

LOL yep, the color thing is a little bit annoying. And I will admit he gets some mistakes in there. He never did have Crespi listed as a Tech recruit.. But in general it's a pretty good source for up to date info.

Comment

Thinking big here:

Is 2021 the chance to really make some noise in the NCAA tournament such as a frozen four?

I recall wondering how the team was going to perform with Luch as a junior and senior. We had a good run his junior season after the season long adjustment, but fell short of expectations for that senior year and now having lost a bona fide big time player.

I see the progression possible with competing for the league this year, winning it again next year, and then having the depth with a couple D adds to really go for something for this program by 2021.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Sanregret called Dirk and forbid him from having a Joe Show.

But I agree, I'd love to hear what he has to say.

You're going to get your wish. There's now a show scheduled for next week.

Comment

Give Joe a prepped set of notes or send Dirk precise questions in advance. That would help mitigate the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Give Joe a prepped set of notes or send Dirk precise questions in advance. That would help mitigate the risk.
                  I say record the show tomorrow night sitting around Joe's bonfire. Give him a few wobbly pops and let him talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    Thinking big here:

Is 2021 the chance to really make some noise in the NCAA tournament such as a frozen four?

I recall wondering how the team was going to perform with Luch as a junior and senior. We had a good run his junior season after the season long adjustment, but fell short of expectations for that senior year and now having lost a bona fide big time player.

I see the progression possible with competing for the league this year, winning it again next year, and then having the depth with a couple D adds to really go for something for this program by 2021.
                    I have had next season circled as the year since the freshman class last year took off. Having the senior leadership of Misiak/Donohue and still having Beydoun around and possibly having a true freshman stud in Carson Bantle for 2020-21 is the year I have has a great chance to take a huge step and compete. 2021-22 is still great as well if last year's freshmen stay. Pietila should be a great goaltender so no real question there despite having 2 new faces between now and then (TBD who) and that freshman class of Stauber, Temple, Bantle, and the Kukkonens could be very good depth/skill.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

One of my questions would be: Since Wisconsin/UM and others have over-recruitied so much, are there any recruits you see that might pop open, which we haven't heard of yet?

And 2. can't we keep UAH in the league?
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        And 2. can't we keep UAH in the league?
                        I've been thinking about this. If you wanted a 28-game league schedule, that's home-and-home with everyone. I know that we don't fit the "our fans can't see the games because they're 3-4 hours off our time zone" criteria, but it is still time-and-money expensive to play here. I don't see a dissolution of the Alaska System athletics programs (I want to continue to note that this wouldn't be just dropping hockey) being a panacea for the Chargers. BG is still going to ***** about traveling here.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          I've been thinking about this. If you wanted a 28-game league schedule, that's home-and-home with everyone. I know that we don't fit the "our fans can't see the games because they're 3-4 hours off our time zone" criteria, but it is still time-and-money expensive to play here. I don't see a dissolution of the Alaska System athletics programs (I want to continue to note that this wouldn't be just dropping hockey) being a panacea for the Chargers. BG is still going to ***** about traveling here.

GFM
                          Well played GFM. I had to look up panacea.

And why does BG whine so much? They have the shortest trip to Huntsville and it is closer than a BSU, MSU or MTU. I guess that just gets added to the list of things I don't like about BG.

Comment

Well played GFM. I had to look up panacea.

And why does BG whine so much? They have the shortest trip to Huntsville and it is closer than a BSU, MSU or MTU. I guess that just gets added to the list of things I don't like about BG.
                            They are in Ohio. That is all the reason they need to whine about everything.

GFM, I'm pulling for UAH this year and hoping they land in the new new WCHA/CCHA/whatever they are going to call it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                              They are in Ohio. That is all the reason they need to whine about everything.

GFM, I'm pulling for UAH this year and hoping they land in the new new WCHA/CCHA/whatever they are going to call it.
                              I too am pulling for UAH this year. I would assume that if they land the "new" league with the Rogue 7, that it would still be the WCHA, no? IMHO if the AK schools do in fact lose their programs then the Rogue 7 should do what's right for college hockey and keep them in the league. If I were involved with any of them, I would consider it a win to avoid the AK travel even if I did have to make an annual trip to Huntsville. I'd hate to see UAH lose their program too.

Comment

I too am pulling for UAH this year. I would assume that if they land the "new" league with the Rogue 7, that it would still be the WCHA, no?
                                I don't like Rogue 7. "Going rogue" would imply a loner. So on that basis I make a motion that UAH will hereby be known as "Rogue One," as they are likely the only of the three left standing when the snow settles, battling for truth, justice and a conference in the hockey galaxy.

Plus UAH = Space School so it works on many fronts.

My first question for Joe: "So how is this year's frosh and last year's frosh classes looking and will they be ready for the new league?"
                                Bait and switch...

Ryan J
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X