Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

“On April 7, 2015 Soglin was again re-elected defeating Alderman Scott Resnick with a record 72% of the vote 37,790 to 14,235 [16] Mayor Soglin jokingly said, using the rhetoric of his critics, "I'm the guy, if you can't tell the difference between us, who is identified as old, tired, gray and bland. Well, I'm going to show you old, tired, gray and bland." [17]”

He’s not the mayor you needed but he’s the mayor you wanted.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      “On April 7, 2015 Soglin was again re-elected defeating Alderman Scott Resnick with a record 72% of the vote 37,790 to 14,235 [16] Mayor Soglin jokingly said, using the rhetoric of his critics, "I'm the guy, if you can't tell the difference between us, who is identified as old, tired, gray and bland. Well, I'm going to show you old, tired, gray and bland." [17]”

He’s not the mayor you needed but he’s the mayor you wanted.
      To be fair, if a candidate ran on the slogan "old, tired, gray and bland," I would vote for him. I want to identify with my representative.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Having been back for a few days, I have to say, I was really impressed with Barrel Theory in St. Paul. I was thinking about the beers we drank there and they were f*ing delicious. Even the hubs was sad that they have no distribution to speak of...

Also, I want to figure out the Ron Burgandy recipe from Travail. That was delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          Having been back for a few days, I have to say, I was really impressed with Barrel Theory in St. Paul. I was thinking about the beers we drank there and they were f*ing delicious. Even the hubs was sad that they have no distribution to speak of...

Also, I want to figure out the Ron Burgandy recipe from Travail. That was delicious.
          A LOT of the microbreweries don't have professional distro. There are a couple breweries (really good ones) that distro themselves (Lupulin, Junkyard) around here. Lupulin has slowed down a little on shelves, easy to get now. Junkyard goes pretty quick. In fact, tomorrow Junkyard is making a delivery to the Twin Cities (they are up in Moorhead, by Fargo).

BT had trouble for a while just keeping up with in-house demand. Growlers would last an hour or two, people would line up before they were even open to get one. They are growing into their demand, though, as you saw with the crowlers, although they still don't last *that* long.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
            The Madison Taco Bell, on State Street, wanted to become a Cantina so they applied for a Beer/Wine license. It passed the Common Council, but was vetoed by Moonbeam Mayor Paul Sauglin. Now, Taco Bell the corporate entity is suing the city of Madison .

Taco Bell Suing Madison

Thoughts?

Edit:
            /corrected Link
            Edited original post to post the correct Web link
            Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              A LOT of the microbreweries don't have professional distro. There are a couple breweries (really good ones) that distro themselves (Lupulin, Junkyard) around here. Lupulin has slowed down a little on shelves, easy to get now. Junkyard goes pretty quick. In fact, tomorrow Junkyard is making a delivery to the Twin Cities (they are up in Moorhead, by Fargo).

BT had trouble for a while just keeping up with in-house demand. Growlers would last an hour or two, people would line up before they were even open to get one. They are growing into their demand, though, as you saw with the crowlers, although they still don't last *that* long.
              I guess one of the Super Troopers guys wore Barrel Theory swag to the Super Troopers 2 premier this week.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                I guess one of the Super Troopers guys wore Barrel Theory swag to the Super Troopers 2 premier this week.
                I'm guessing it was Rabbit. He's from MN
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I'm guessing it was Rabbit. He's from MN
                  Dunno if the blonde woman from the first one is in the second one, but IIRC she's from MN, also.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Dunno if the blonde woman from the first one is in the second one, but IIRC she's from MN, also.
                    Marisa Coughlan....yes, she is (from Minnesota and in the second one).
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Marisa Coughlan....yes, she is (from Minnesota and in the second one).
                      Thanks! I was too lazy to look it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Thanks! I was too lazy to look it up.
                        No problem, I have another 30 minutes to kill before I can go home....

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          No problem, I have another 30 minutes to kill before I can go home....
                          Why is international monetary system neither preventing currency volatility nor fostering an efficient allocation of global capital?

Comment

Why is international monetary system neither preventing currency volatility nor fostering an efficient allocation of global capital?
                            I wasn't THAT motivated...

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

That's pretty simple: because inequality is a vicious cycle. But I never saw the movie or the blonde.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Been enjoying Southern Tier's take on Thin Mints (Thick Mint) and found myself Somoa This at the bottle shop on Monday I'm still hoping for a PB Chocolate beer. I had Sweet Baby Jesus from DeClaw last year and it was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X