Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018: The best party money could buy (until 2022)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Cup 2018: The best party money could buy (until 2022)!

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Russia's manager Cherchesov is a moron. It's going to be a lot closer than you think. Smolov will get zero service, the 35+ error prone CBs are going to show their age, and Golovin is going to be wasted somehow.
    I underestimated how god**** awful Saudi Arabia is
    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Spanish broadcast is better. Too bad my Spanish is non existent.

EDIT: No cards handed out so far
      Last edited by joecct; 06-14-2018, 11:44 AM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I'd also like to say that I called that third Russian goal because I said on discord during the first half that the game was screaming for Dzyuba over Smolov (Saudi's defense can't handle Dzyuba's size or physicality)

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Mo Salah is licking his chops.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Mo Salah is licking his chops.
            He and Suarez might score 5 goals each

Comment

Everyone should be pulling for Egypt

Mookie is
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Lame. I distinctly remembering ESPN having to stream all games freely because of some deal with FIFA, given that I only had internet and Roku in 2014. Trust FOX to be ****ups.
                Maybe without the "USA, USA!!!" dumbas-sery they literally can't sell advertising rights for enough to make free streaming cost effective.

If there's a Telemundo free cast I'll be watching it anyway. Not knowing a word of Spanish, besides puta and bendejo, is a feature, not a bug. It's how to get the ambient noise but not the announcer pablum.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Saudi Arabia really adds to the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    They qualified
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      For sure. They could probably add like another dozen or more teams without severely diminishing the quality of the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        For sure. They could probably add like another dozen or more teams without severely diminishing the quality of the tournament.
                        the expansion to 48 but 3 team groups might be to get more teams in but less of these bad games by having the bottom of each group eliminated after just 2 games...idk The fully seeding of the tournament with 4 seeded bands might also hurt competitive this year compared to previous where maybe there were more "good groups" and "easy groups"
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          They won’t. Any Asian team not named Japan or South Korea sucks (yes I’m including Australia), and even they aren’t great. If it’s under 4 I’ll be shocked.
                          Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                          I underestimated how god**** awful Saudi Arabia is
                          And thank you.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

A Tweet wag:
                            Only the World Cup has the power to make you excited to watch Russia vs. Saudi Arabia.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              A Tweet wag:
                              Only the World Cup has the power to make you excited to watch Russia vs. Saudi Arabia.
                              Didn’t have the power over me, I’m not waking up at 7 am to watch a boring game.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

On the referee front, watch out on Peru - Denmark with Bakary Gassama of Gambia on it. I fear Gassama may be way over his head on that one.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X