Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 National Championship: Salve Regina vs. St. Norbert

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    Well, as for the game itself, I am thinking Black better pitch a shutout for SNC, and hope the Knights can find a way to get at least one past SRU.
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018

That was quick.

Comment

Oh. My. Goodness.

What a game. Either/both team would have been deserving of this title. Kudos to Salve for coming back. Kudos to SNC for withstanding the pressure. And, well deserved for Wojtula to get tournament goalie nod.

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS FOR A FIFTH TIME!

And, signature updated!
      St. Norbert College Green Knights
      NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
      NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
      ---
      SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Somebody must have been saying the rosary for these two teams tonight. Fabulous game . We were very impressed with Salve coming back. Both goalies were sensational. Great collegiate hockey game

Comment

video recap:
          https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...pionship-recap
          ---

Comment

As a footnote to next season, already thinking about next season, that's what happens when your team didn't make it.. The NCAA will change the format to College campuses next year. If in fact any team seeded first should get the venue, how will a venue like Adrian or Hobart put together a Championship weekend when their seating is about 450 seats. Or any other campus that has a small venue.. We have been to many rinks in the last 20 years that have a hard enough time for a regular season game. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
              As a footnote to next season, already thinking about next season, that's what happens when your team didn't make it.. The NCAA will change the format to College campuses next year. If in fact any team seeded first should get the venue, how will a venue like Adrian or Hobart put together a Championship weekend when their seating is about 450 seats. Or any other campus that has a small venue.. We have been to many rinks in the last 20 years that have a hard enough time for a regular season game. What do you think?
              It may have worked in the past when the "powers" with larger seating capacity typically made up the frozen four field, but with the growing parody of D3 it may turn into a disaster one year. But a packed small rink is hella better then the disaster of an enpty rink like this year was.
              Coaches voted on it, so I'll have faith in it

Comment

How is the Salve goaltender not the most outstanding player? GAA <1.5, S% >.970, 102 saves for the weekend. I know he made the All-Tournament team, but he was the most outstanding player I saw all weekend.
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                  I have to imagine there will be some sort of seating minimum.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                    It may have worked in the past when the "powers" with larger seating capacity typically made up the frozen four field, but with the growing parody of D3 it may turn into a disaster one year. But a packed small rink is hella better then the disaster of an enpty rink like this year was.
                    Coaches voted on it, so I'll have faith in it
                    Parody!!! Lol.
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Helluva game last night! It wore me out just watching.

Congratulations to St. Norbert! You had to fight for it, and that you did.
                      Mule Train, 2018 NESCAC Champs, made it to the Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                        How is the Salve goaltender not the most outstanding player? GAA <1.5, S% >.970, 102 saves for the weekend. I know he made the All-Tournament team, but he was the most outstanding player I saw all weekend.
                        I wouldn't have argued with that. But Froese had an outstanding indivudual effort on the shorthanded goal Friday - which was the game winner - and IIRC had the primary assist on all three SNC goals Saturday. I think they went with someone from the winning team.
                        ---

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                          Parody!!! Lol.
                          If my misspelling is all you have, then good day sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
                            If my misspelling is all you have, then good day sir.
                            Then have fun with "irony".
                            Go 'Wick!

Comment

“Frozen Four” refers to D1 ONLY. Sorry to nitpick; I’m on a mission from God

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMule View Post
                                Helluva game last night! It wore me out just watching.

Congratulations to St. Norbert! You had to fight for it, and that you did.
                                I was hearing how young SNC was and that theY had like 12 freshman playing. After going through the lineup for last nights game I see only 5 freshman played? Salve on the other hand had 11 freshman in the starting lineup and only 1 senior. It was a great game could’ve easily went either way. Hats off to both teams the way they battled. Not impressed with the officiating either night. Goalies on both sides were outstanding. Salve opened up a lot of eyes and will be around for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X