The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
    how about 1968 to 1978 a better time for all.
    You do realize the difference between being bad and choking right?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1 - #60

I'll start entering in the data here over the next few weeks, but we should be able to start these rankings probably towards the end of May or early June. I believe I still need volunteers for the B1G, WCHA, and Hockey East. If you are interested, please post here, or shoot me an email.

Initial thoughts:

Minnesota Duluth will jump to #9, and will likely be within striking distance of Michigan State.

Massachusetts will make a big leap, certainly into the Top 40, and perhaps into the Top 35.

Denver continues to edge closer to Minnesota, but will stay at #4.

Providence likely jumped past New Hampshire to solidify a Top 20 spot, but unlikely to challenge RPI for #17.

SCSU likely pushed its way into the Top 30, and Mankato likely jumped back into the Top 40, but both programs really missed an opportunity to climb even further.

AIC will likely eek out of the bottom 5, and will be close with UAH and Robert Morris.

Arizona State will leap out of the cellar. I think they'll creep by Connecticut, but I doubt they'll challenge Canisius.

In the past decade 4 programs earned their first title (Minnesota Duluth, Yale, Providence, and Union), and 6 programs made their first trip to the NCAA Tournament (Alaska, American International, Arizona State, Canisius, and Penn State). Only 4 active programs have failed to make the NCAA Tournament: Army, Bentley, Connecticut, and Sacred Heart.
      North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I'll start entering in the data here over the next few weeks, but we should be able to start these rankings probably towards the end of May or early June. I believe I still need volunteers for the B1G, WCHA, and Hockey East. If you are interested, please post here, or shoot me an email.

Initial thoughts:

Minnesota Duluth will jump to #9, and will likely be within striking distance of Michigan State.

Massachusetts will make a big leap, certainly into the Top 40, and perhaps into the Top 35.

Denver continues to edge closer to Minnesota, but will stay at #4.

Providence likely jumped past New Hampshire to solidify a Top 20 spot, but unlikely to challenge RPI for #17.

SCSU likely pushed its way into the Top 30, and Mankato likely jumped back into the Top 40, but both programs really missed an opportunity to climb even further.

AIC will likely eek out of the bottom 5, and will be close with UAH and Robert Morris.

Arizona State will leap out of the cellar. I think they'll creep by Connecticut, but I doubt they'll challenge Canisius.

In the past decade 4 programs earned their first title (Minnesota Duluth, Yale, Providence, and Union), and 6 programs made their first trip to the NCAA Tournament (Alaska, American International, Arizona State, Canisius, and Penn State). Only 4 active programs have failed to make the NCAA Tournament: Army, Bentley, Connecticut, and Sacred Heart.
        Need another new Div 1 team ASAP (Illinois?), so that Bentley can once again get out of the cellar.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          and 6 programs made their first trip to the NCAA Tournament (Alaska, American International, Arizona State, Canisius, and Penn State)
          That's only five. The sixth should be RIT (first trip 2010).

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

No video review in 1985
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
              No video review in 1985
              What makes you think that PC would have won if Servinis's goal was disallowed? Personally, I don't think that RPI would have given up the goal that Cavallini got in that case.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                No video review in 1985
                SLU wishes they had video review in 1988.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  SLU wishes they had video review in 1988.
                  Colgate wishes they had video review in 2000.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    Colgate wishes they had video review in 2000.

Sean
                    I wish they didn't have video review in 2004.

Comment

I wish the net was 1/2 an inch wider in 1991.

(This is a fun game.)
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

I wish I had reason to worry about video review and net sizes in the last 45 years. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          I wish the net was 1/2 an inch wider in 1991.
                          And 1989!!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            I wish I had reason to worry about video review and net sizes in the last 45 years. [emoji20]

I wish Riley Sweeney had skated a couple more strides before trying to hit the empty net against SCSU...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I wish Riley Sweeney had skated a couple more strides before trying to hit the empty net against SCSU...
                              Or Auk's broken stick against ND.

With my first comment I was thinking championship games.

Comment

I'd like to get this thread moving again. For those of you who have volunteered, please send your write-ups by the end of the month. My plan will be to get this thread moving at a decent clip starting in July with the following projected schedule: 60-41 in July; 40-21 in August; and 20-1 in September. The plan will be to release batches of 5 teams at a time (likely each Saturday/Sunday with the occasional off week).

Also, I'm still in need of volunteers for the WCHA, B1G, and Hockey East if anyone is interested (and could send their write-ups by June 30).
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X