Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    I've always enjoyed the radio play by play for the Mavs so much more. He's phenomenal. But yes I'd agree with you that we could us an upgrade there. Nothing against them but I also watch with Mute. Like trying to watch football with Chris collinsworth. Just can't do it.

I'm becoming more and more afraid we will get the 1 in Allentown against Penn St. I'll be really interested to see if that does happen and we aren't the lowest 1 why we would get sent there as opposed to say UMD.
    I watched my first Flo broadcast this weekend Northern vs BG. They stream the local radio broadcast for the play by play, so I am surprised to hear they have Flo announcers. I liked the way it was last year. You could buy individual games, but this Flo crap made me pay 30 bucks for the month. Plus, I couldn't stream it to my TV.
    I am not big on Flo.
    “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
      OK, good point. ONE bubble team is not rooting for us.
      Fellow #1 seed also rooting for the Mavericks. While the Pairwise Probability Matrix over on CHN has MSU-M locked in between #2 and #4 overall, I'm not 100% certain that is correct just yet. Eyeballing it, looks like it is as I think Mankato would only have one comparison flip with a loss and that still keeps them in the top 4. UMD also nearly locked in but could fall with two losses this weekend.

I want to see 3 of the 4 #1's be Minnesota schools. And unlike last year, the NCAA couldn't put them all in one region. I think that's the only way they don't put two of them in Fargo. So much for bracket integrity otherwise.

And after all these years of winning the regular season title, it's about time you take down the conference tourney hardware as well. Best of luck this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
        I watched my first Flo broadcast this weekend Northern vs BG. They stream the local radio broadcast for the play by play, so I am surprised to hear they have Flo announcers. I liked the way it was last year. You could buy individual games, but this Flo crap made me pay 30 bucks for the month. Plus, I couldn't stream it to my TV.
        I am not big on Flo.
        Flo has a Roku app so you can stream it to your TV. You can also run an HDMI cable from a laptop to the TV in a pinch.

However, I do agree about the monthly vs. per game charges. I think they're missing out on a lot of extra cash by forcing the monthly charge.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUBlackandRed View Post
          Fellow #1 seed also rooting for the Mavericks. While the Pairwise Probability Matrix over on CHN has MSU-M locked in between #2 and #4 overall, I'm not 100% certain that is correct just yet. Eyeballing it, looks like it is as I think Mankato would only have one comparison flip with a loss and that still keeps them in the top 4. UMD also nearly locked in but could fall with two losses this weekend.

I want to see 3 of the 4 #1's be Minnesota schools. And unlike last year, the NCAA couldn't put them all in one region. I think that's the only way they don't put two of them in Fargo. So much for bracket integrity otherwise.

And after all these years of winning the regular season title, it's about time you take down the conference tourney hardware as well. Best of luck this weekend.
          Thanks, and best of luck to the Huskies this week, and through the tournament. We're preparing for a physically bruising game on Saturday. it will be hard to match BGSU's desperation, but the fact they swept us this year, and that no player on this team has won the conference tourney should provide a lot of inspiration. Just need to translate that into some goals!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bale View Post
            Good article in the Strib today about our Germans.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...ion/507196862/
            New Commit for next year Brendan Furry. Seems like a great addition to the team. Bringing in lots of guys, wonder if a few guys are leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
              New Commit for next year Brendan Furry. Seems like a great addition to the team. Bringing in lots of guys, wonder if a few guys are leaving.
              Who is all coming in next year?
              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Who is all coming in next year?
                Not exactly sure on birthdates, but I think Smith, Sowder, and Sandelin are all aging out of juniors. Bukes has done his time in the USHL. I would think he’s also coming up. Brendan “Nick” Furry will also be aging out of juniors
                Last edited by purpleinnebraska; 03-18-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Well...that math doesnt work... 3 seniors going out and 5 coming in?

Comment

Well...that math doesnt work... 3 seniors going out and 5 coming in?
                    I think they’ll have 9 coming in. Connor Gregga, Stauber too.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      You’ve got to beat them all to win it all
                      No you have to beat 4 of em to win it all and I would rather not have to play a 4 seed at their house. There is plenty of parity in college hockey already to have to play a 4 seed with home ice advantage is tough. Especially for teams like ND and Penn St who will get the rink packed with high energy fans. Not easy and not a great reward for being a 1 seed.
                      All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                        No you have to beat 4 of em to win it all and I would rather not have to play a 4 seed at their house. There is plenty of parity in college hockey already to have to play a 4 seed with home ice advantage is tough. Especially for teams like ND and Penn St who will get the rink packed with high energy fans. Not easy and not a great reward for being a 1 seed.
                        A lot of the mock brackets also have Providence playing in Providence, despite being a 4 seed, and not being the host. Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
                          I think they’ll have 9 coming in. Connor Gregga, Stauber too.
                          Yikes....maybe they expect more guys to leave either via free agency or just leaving for other programs?

What's the deal with issraelson? He's announced as a senior, but I thought he had another year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                            Yikes....maybe they expect more guys to leave either via free agency or just leaving for other programs?

What's the deal with issraelson? He's announced as a senior, but I thought he had another year of eligibility.
                            That's an odd one with Issraelson. Played in 3 different seasons as Northern (although not much in a couple of them, so I suppose a redshirt is possible). We didn't celebrate him on Senior Night, and in the pregame video, he calls himself a junior, but he must also have a degree, since he did the grad school transfer thing.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              That's an odd one with Issraelson. Played in 3 different seasons as Northern (although not much in a couple of them, so I suppose a redshirt is possible). We didn't celebrate him on Senior Night, and in the pregame video, he calls himself a junior, but he must also have a degree, since he did the grad school transfer thing.
                              Exactly....I'm not sure what to think. All signs seem to point to him being gone after this year, but I'm not sure anyone on the outside knows. I feel kind of bad for him though. He played really well early in the season, but McKay took the job and didn't let go. I'm sure he knew what he was stepping in to, but I can't imagine this is what he expected.

Comment

Congrats to Max Coatta and to Coach Hastings on their conference awards! Now, go get 'em on Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X