Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    It's a non issue. Our non conference schedule has been loaded with good teams and that won't change. I'd rather see us stay in WCHA personally. The conference is getting stronger
    I'm starting to come around to this as well. The one thing that concerns me is what happens to attendance when we inevitably have the down year and we don't have the regional rivalries to bring in the casual fans?
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

• Well here we go. Id love to see us win out here. Not going to lie I get a bit edgy now because of our NCAA track record. This team has the fire power, defense and goaltending to win it all. But we have had that others years too. Fargo is out unless we get a 2 seed and even then it's doubtful if we are 5th that they will give a cloud as overall #1 the highest ranked 2 seed.
      Lots can happen.
      Should be fun
      All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
        Well here we go. Id love to see us win out here. Not going to lie I get a bit edgy now because of our NCAA track record. This team has the fire power, defense and goaltending to win it all. But we have had that others years too. Fargo is out unless we get a 2 seed and even then it's doubtful if we are 5th that they will give a cloud as overall #1 the highest ranked 2 seed.
        Lots can happen.
        Should be fun
        If NoDak gets in, and is one of the bottom 4 seeds, that could put us in Fargo. Otherwise, road trip!

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
          If NoDak gets in, and is one of the bottom 4 seeds, that could put us in Fargo. Otherwise, road trip!
          Yeah no thanks. No Dak at home is never easy. Give me a 2 seed if that happens
          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Comment

• I remember 10 15 years ago if you were a 1 seed you got a pretty good match up. Now there just doesn't seem to be an easy or highly favorable match up. Current beacketology has us as 1 seed and get Western Michigan. That's not a game you are willing to bet a months pay on

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
              I remember 10 15 years ago if you were a 1 seed you got a pretty good match up. Now there just doesn't seem to be an easy or highly favorable match up. Current beacketology has us as 1 seed and get Western Michigan. That's not a game you are willing to bet a months pay on
              If you don't want a 1, you could lose this weekend. I wouldn't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                If you don't want a 1, you could lose this weekend. I wouldn't complain.
                Messing around a little with the Pairwise, and it seems even if we win the series but lose one game, we could well drop to a 2 seed, if UMD wins (highly likely) and Q wins (pretty likely). Still, a lot of hockey between now and Selection Sunday. But it would be kinda fun to see us matched up with Western in the NCAA tournament, and see which one of us could avoid choking it away.

Comment

Good article in the Strib today about our Germans.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...ion/507196862/
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Please, please get rid of Dan McCargar and company for your FloHockey broadcast. He basically ruined every game I watched this year of the Mavs with his incessant rambling, Youtube instructional video-type explanations, and horrible lack of knowledge of the NCAA rulebook. TV play-by-play is more than two buddies in a garage talking back and forth to each other.

Hope the Mavs can get it done and I’ll be watching next weekend....with the mute button on of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                      Please, please get rid of Dan McCargar and company for your FloHockey broadcast. He basically ruined every game I watched this year of the Mavs with his incessant rambling, Youtube instructional video-type explanations, and horrible lack of knowledge of the NCAA rulebook. TV play-by-play is more than two buddies in a garage talking back and forth to each other.

Hope the Mavs can get it done and I’ll be watching next weekend....with the mute button on of course.
                      I've always enjoyed the radio play by play for the Mavs so much more. He's phenomenal. But yes I'd agree with you that we could us an upgrade there. Nothing against them but I also watch with Mute. Like trying to watch football with Chris collinsworth. Just can't do it.

I'm becoming more and more afraid we will get the 1 in Allentown against Penn St. I'll be really interested to see if that does happen and we aren't the lowest 1 why we would get sent there as opposed to say UMD.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                        Yeah no thanks. No Dak at home is never easy. Give me a 2 seed if that happens
                        You’ve got to beat them all to win it all
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Good news, guys! All the bubble teams are rooting for us this Saturday! Let’s sell them some merchandise!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            Good news, guys! All the bubble teams are rooting for us this Saturday! Let’s sell them some merchandise!
                            There's at least one that isn't...

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                              There's at least one that isn't...
                              OK, good point. ONE bubble team is not rooting for us.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post

When it comes to UAH, they're as bad as NoDak's announcers are. Seriously, if you're going to talk about how it's going to be tough for UAH to score, as a color guy, talk about how they're forcing them out of the center lane on the back check and pinning them towards the boards — how they're cutting off low-angle passing lanes to net front presence — and essentially asking the Chargers to bomb from outside like it's a power play, hoping for a tip or a screen. Maybe, just maybe, you could look at a little tape of UAH's goals and see why they happened (bad turnovers, good forecheck, lucky bounces). Talk about how the Mavs are disciplined and why they're choking them off in the neutral zone and keeping them in their own end much of the time, making for longer shifts and tired legs.

That takes prep, though, prep that I never really had time to do when doing color for radio or TV, since I was always doing my aerospace job. But you can talk about bench energy, pace, hits (and whether they're effective or take the hitter out of play), why one team is getting penalized more often, how team speed is breaking down coverage, etc. (You can also talk about how one of your guys hopped off the bench with so much energy that he looked like a Ferrari passing a garbage truck. I will never live that simile down.)

The PBP guy is okay. The color guy took one too many pucks to the noggin.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X