Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    European stock markets were all down today except for the Swedes and Finns. The Brits did okay, down only 2.4%. The DOW is down around 500 points now. Buying opportunity, folks.
    Is this the bottom or wait until Monday's close? I suspect some calming over the weekend, some folks buying a Monday's open, and then another slide down to a total of about 3.2% down.

(Dang I wish I'd shorted the FTSE 100 yesterday. Seems someone did ... )
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-24-2016, 11:58 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Hungary reacts

http://www.kormany.hu/en/ministry-of...reign-minister
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Brits were googling "What is the EU? after voting to leave it
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Never underestimate ignorance.

Several years ago a complete nut job defeated the endorsed Republican candidate for MN Attorney General in the primary election. How? Her name is Sharon Anderson. Not only is her name Scandinavian sounding (which can be a big plus here) but a woman who hosted a then popular local television talk show had the same name. In other words, a large chunk of the population actually thought they were voting for another completely unqualified candidate named Sharon Anderson.
          Last edited by Greyeagle; 06-24-2016, 12:57 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

even though i voted to leave, this morning i woke up and i just — the reality did actually hit me, one woman told the news channel itv news. If i'd had the opportunity to vote again, it would be to stay.
            omfg.

If only there had been a third option on the ballot: "Flip bird to 'the elites', but stay anyway".
            Last edited by GrinCDXX; 06-24-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              Never underestimate ignorance.

Several years ago a complete nut job defeated the endorsed Republican candidate for MN Attorney General in the primary election. How? Her name is Sharon Anderson. Not only is her name Scandinavian sounding (which can be a big plus here) but a woman who hosted a then popular local television talk show had the same name. In other words, a large chunk of the population actually thought they were voting for another completely unqualified candidate named Sharon Anderson.
              Michigan had a Libertarian candidate named Scott Boman for several years who made sure that his name was spelled "Scotty" on the ballot.

Comment

Were those "Leave" voters looking at what they just did, or, were those "Stay" voters who never fathomed they could lose and were looking for possible ramifications? There is no way to know. The Post assumes it's the former.

Cynical on my part, but that story is curiously predictable. The Post was "Stay". When their desired outcome doesn't manifest the voters are obviously low-information rubes.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

A nice info graphic.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Were those "Leave" voters looking at what they just did, or, were those "Stay" voters who never fathomed they could lose and were looking for possible ramifications? There is no way to know. The Post assumes it's the former.

Cynical on my part, but that story is curiously predictable. The Post was "Stay". When their desired outcome doesn't manifest the voters are obviously low-information rubes.
                    All mainstream media was "Stay". That's what Bilderberg wanted.

Comment

• Re: Brexit - Should I stay or should I go??

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Voter turnout by demographic would've been nice to have on there.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        There are also stories about millennials whining about leaving the EU. Guess what, it's time to grow up and take responsibility for your own life. And when you're not tied down by some nanny, you'll be overjoyed to find out how self-satisfying and liberating it really is. Although if you like being told what to do and being part of the non-thinking sheeple because it's easy, I pity you.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          That's what Bilderberg wanted.
                          Is he the guy that made that "Close Encounters" movie?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            There are also stories about millennials whining about leaving the EU. Guess what, it's time to grow up and take responsibility for your own life. And when you're not tied down by some nanny, you'll be overjoyed to find out how self-satisfying and liberating it really is. Although if you like being told what to do and being part of the non-thinking sheeple because it's easy, I pity you.
                            That's our Flaggy!
                            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Voter turnout by demographic would've been nice to have on there.
                              I had the same thought.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Is he the guy that made that "Close Encounters" movie?
                                You're thinking of Spielberg. I'm talking about the former Nazi family that couldn't accept defeat and started to consort with the ultra-rich and ultra-powerful elite to create global domination.

Comment

Working...
                                X