Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    That there's an invisible granddaddy in the sky who loves and protects you, but then lets you perish in hurricanes and tornados that he creates makes sense?
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    What a complete crock of bs.
    The overuse of emoticons will ruin us all.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      Not at all. American voters refuse to admit they make mistakes. It is one of the reasons behind a congress with an approval rating that hasn't been about 20% in forever, but 95% of the idiots there keep getting reelected. Everybody else sucks but my guy is all right, so it isn't my fault.
      It's not just American voters, this is something that plagues all of humankind. However, we seem to have ratcheted it up to 11 with regards to our politics.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
        Being Canadian and not fully aware of US political "loyalties", I ask this in all seriousness...will Trump's last few days of "batsh** crazy" behavior not cause even SOME of his supporters to take a second look at what they've done?
        Nope.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Being Canadian and not fully aware of US political "loyalties", I ask this in all seriousness...will Trump's last few days of "batsh** crazy" behavior not cause even SOME of his supporters to take a second look at what they've done?
          No. They'll double down and become even more fiercely loyal.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That there's an invisible granddaddy in the sky who loves and protects you, but then lets you perish in hurricanes and tornados that he creates makes sense?
            He knows what you did.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No.
              Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Not at all. American voters refuse to admit they make mistakes. It is one of the reasons behind a congress with an approval rating that hasn't been about 20% in forever, but 95% of the idiots there keep getting reelected. Everybody else sucks but my guy is all right, so it isn't my fault.
              Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Nope.
              Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              No. They'll double down and become even more fiercely loyal.
              Nobody likes to admit they are/were wrong, but at what point (if any...) will the Trump supporter abandon the "...I'm dug in, and I'll never change!" mentality? Are you all telling me that regardless of everything he's said and done to date, and regardless of what he will say and do in the future, his supporters will back him? I'm not talking about the 1%'ers, but the "middle-class" folks that support him for their own reasons. Why does blind loyalty to your party of choice run so deep for so many American voters? Are you "born" into an obligation to support one party over the other?

I've changed my support of political parties over the years, as sometimes their platforms become distorted and change with new leadership. Such changes may not seem to be much, but they may not reflect my views of what is best for our country at that point in time and in the near future (in my opinion). I don't consider myself a "traitor" for transferring my support - things change, and I look at and analyze the facts before me to form an opinion. I've been proven wrong on occasion, but showing blind loyalty in the case of politics is, in my opinion, ill-advised.

Comment

Imagine the dumbest ****ing Canuck you can possibly conjure. Now make them racist. And a religious zealot.

Then you might start to imagine the average trumper
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I hope I'm not annoying anyone here by getting involved in this discussion with my thoughts, opinions and questions. Being an "outsider" I know I have no horse in this race, but I'm fascinated by the daily (and even hourly) events I see during our news broadcasts. I've always followed American politics, as we feel the effects (good and bad) of what goes on south of the border. I've never paid this much attention...it's hard to believe some of the things I'm seeing and hearing since Trump took office.

Comment

He knows what you did.
                    Yes he does! That's why rufus will perish in a hurricane while I sit on a beach in Kansas happily sipping Mai tais.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      He knows what you did.
                      Last summer?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                        Yes he does! That's why rufus will perish in a hurricane while I sit on a beach in Kansas happily sipping Mai tais.
                        But the ones who perish in hurricanes are the ones he loves so much that he's offering them the bountiful gifts of his kingdom.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Yes he does! That's why rufus will perish in a hurricane while I die in the Kansas Desert
                          Fixed that for you.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Nobody likes to admit they are/were wrong, but at what point (if any...) will the Trump supporter abandon the "...I'm dug in, and I'll never change!" mentality? Are you all telling me that regardless of everything he's said and done to date, and regardless of what he will say and do in the future, his supporters will back him?
                            Yes.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Fixed that for you.
                              No way. Figure a 5 degree rise in global temp., and eastern Ks is Atlantic seaboard. Pittsburg will be the new Hilton Head.

Coasties at last!

Comment

Yes.
                                At this point, I will concur.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X