X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 196: Spam, Spam, Spam

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Mornin’ Lodge.

Still exhausted this morning. What an incredible weekend and wedding. I was extremely excited for the wedding and it was so much better than I even anticipated.

That 48 hours or so from Friday golf to the end of the reception absolutely FLEW by. Once the ceremony ended, the night went by so fast.

I’ve known the groom since I was 10 years old, and that hour or so before the actual ceremony was the nervous excitement I haven’t felt since playing some of our biggest games together. I didn’t expect that, but what a fun and nervous feeling. It was cool seeing him so excited yet nervous to marry the girl of his dreams.

My speech went just under four minutes, and was extremely well received, and was honestly so much fun to give.

Wish we could do it all again next weekend, truly one of the best days of my life.
    Sounds wonderful!

Good Morning Lodge! Spent the weekend priming and painting the furniture that was rescued from the pipe debacle with mildew resistant paint, putting some furniture back where it goes, putting the hall closet back together and planting. Exhausted but still more to go. Hoping by the end of the week we will be close to the end. Pod is leaving next Wednesday.

Comment

Spent the weekend priming and painting the furniture that was rescued from the pipe debacle with mildew resistant paint, putting some furniture back where it goes, putting the hall closet back together and planting. Exhausted but still more to go. Hoping by the end of the week we will be close to the end. Pod is leaving next Wednesday.

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Working from (my parents') home today. Mom is doing great. She's up and about. Only pain she is feeling is from where they went in laproscopically. And it's not really pain, it's more discomfort. Getting up out of bed and from a chair is when it hurts the most. Took her and my dad out yesterday to go find a pair of sneakers for my dad. She finally said "I need to go home to lie down." So at least she does know her limits. I felt a little bad, like I made her over do it, but she got up after two hours and felt fine. She's back to eating normally. I just need to get her to not overdo it. At the very least, ask me to grab things for her so she doesn't have to stoop or something.

Tomorrow I have to take my dad to see his PCP. He's in Boston. The appointment is at 11:30. Which means we'll have to leave here by 10:15, not get back here till probably after 2pm, which is why I'm taking the day off. I'll be unable to sit and work. I am going home tomorrow night, taking my nieces with me as they leave for California early in the AM on Wednesday. It's my older brother's birthday today. We're going to go over there tonight for cake. He's so....I don't know what. I texted him Happy Birthday and then also mentioned mom is doing good. And that both her doctor's office and the hospital called this morning to check in on her. He texts back "Good customer service." No "thanks!" or anything. Pain. I feel like a bad person because I didn't get him a card or anything yet. I will, it's just been an eventful week.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

Wish we could do it all again next weekend, truly one of the best days of my life.
          Mookie loves leavin fun weddings and finding the bride and groom to say thanks and goodbye, then dropping in a “you guys throw such a great party. Please, each of you promise to invite us to your next weddings”
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Good morning Lodge. Working from (my parents') home today. Mom is doing great. She's up and about. Only pain she is feeling is from where they went in laproscopically. And it's not really pain, it's more discomfort. Getting up out of bed and from a chair is when it hurts the most. Took her and my dad out yesterday to go find a pair of sneakers for my dad. She finally said "I need to go home to lie down." So at least she does know her limits. I felt a little bad, like I made her over do it, but she got up after two hours and felt fine. She's back to eating normally. I just need to get her to not overdo it. At the very least, ask me to grab things for her so she doesn't have to stoop or something.

Tomorrow I have to take my dad to see his PCP. He's in Boston. The appointment is at 11:30. Which means we'll have to leave here by 10:15, not get back here till probably after 2pm, which is why I'm taking the day off. I'll be unable to sit and work. I am going home tomorrow night, taking my nieces with me as they leave for California early in the AM on Wednesday. It's my older brother's birthday today. We're going to go over there tonight for cake. He's so....I don't know what. I texted him Happy Birthday and then also mentioned mom is doing good. And that both her doctor's office and the hospital called this morning to check in on her. He texts back "Good customer service." No "thanks!" or anything. Pain. I feel like a bad person because I didn't get him a card or anything yet. I will, it's just been an eventful week.
            Being up and moving is good for your Mum. They find healing goes much faster. GLad she is doing so well.

You might want to leave more than an hour earlier. Sounds crazy but I had to drive my folks to Boston Eye and ear and it took us 1h15 min just to get there, never mind park, etc for a 10:30 appt. And we left from Chelmsford

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              A special donation was made to you and your family. Contact (john.gandel@consultant.com ) for details...

Best Regards
              Fredman Touch.

Using the average, the total is now $634,960,380.47.
              $250K from James Robinson. That is the smallest amount to date. The total is now $635,210,380.47.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I got the best birthday gift ever: I got to sleep in!
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I just read that my exit from northbound 35W into downtown Minneapolis will be closed for four months. Four. Months.

I'm going to be stuck on the train, it appears. I hate that train.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    I got the best birthday gift ever: I got to sleep in!
                    I could sleep in but I wake up at 5:30 when the paper guy drives by

Comment

Except for construction in the TC, sounds like good news overall.

Evening, Lodge. Hell week this week, co-worker is gone, and our system crashed over the weekend, leading to a surge in orders this morning. Whee. Kept it under 10 hours, though. Yay, I guess. I will be fully enjoying my time off in a month; call it payback.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's up and running.

Try me at Robotron 2084. Just try me. you'll probably win
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Happy Tuesday!

1-day reprieve from the heat as it'll only be 78 and overcast today. Back to the 90s tomorrow!
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Pleasant here but then I am in the basement, painting. Hoping for a non-Tuesday Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X