Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1/D2 scheduling alliance for 2017-18

http://www.saintanselmhawks.com/spor...20170115l65wpr

Saint Anselm, Post, Saint Michael's, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, Franklin Pierce will all play each other four times next year.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: D1/D2 scheduling alliance for 2017-18

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Saint Anselm, Post, Saint Michael's, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, Franklin Pierce will all play each other four times next year.
    The starting point for getting an auto-bid?

Comment

That takes care of 20 games, so only 5 others ("non-conference"?) to have to schedule if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        That takes care of 20 games, so only 5 others ("non-conference"?) to have to schedule if I'm not mistaken.
        D2 can play more than 25 games

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          D2 can play more than 25 games
          Cool, how many total before any playoffs might happen?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            Cool, how many total before any playoffs might happen?
            30 IIRC. Women D2 teams are allowed 18 scholarships, too.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Kind of confused by this. Holy Cross said they were planning on moving full-time to DI. So are they backtracking on that, or is this just temporary. If the four DII schools were going to declare for the DI championship and go for an auto-bid with Holy Cross and Sacred Heart I feel like they would have announced that. Also will they announce a conference name later? They're referring to this as a scheduling agreement, but how do you have player awards, a tournament and a championship if its not a conference?
              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                30 IIRC. Women D2 teams are allowed 18 scholarships, too.
                Are these schools planning on offering scholarships? If so, rosters might have major changes

Comment

I know as of now neither St A or Franklin Pierce cannot offer hockey scholarships (possibly St Mike in the same category). Sacred Heart does not offer them either even though they are D1. I don't understand why when other D2 schools can offer scholarships in different sports. I don't see that changing either but maybe I am wrong.

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                  Are these schools planning on offering scholarships? If so, rosters might have major changes

Comment

Originally posted by hockey4u View Post
                    I know as of now neither St A or Franklin Pierce cannot offer hockey scholarships (possibly St Mike in the same category). Sacred Heart does not offer them either even though they are D1. I don't understand why when other D2 schools can offer scholarships in different sports. I don't see that changing either but maybe I am wrong.
                    I'm 99.999999 percent certain Saint Michael's does not offer athletic scholarships in hockey.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                      Kind of confused by this. Holy Cross said they were planning on moving full-time to DI. So are they backtracking on that, or is this just temporary. If the four DII schools were going to declare for the DI championship and go for an auto-bid with Holy Cross and Sacred Heart I feel like they would have announced that. Also will they announce a conference name later? They're referring to this as a scheduling agreement, but how do you have player awards, a tournament and a championship if its not a conference?
                      If you read my original story, Holy Cross AD Nathan Pine said they were going to play an independent D-I schedule next season and fill in games with what they could, hence the scheduling alliance. The year after is when they plan to be playing in a conference.
                      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                        If you read my original story, Holy Cross AD Nathan Pine said they were going to play an independent D-I schedule next season and fill in games with what they could, hence the scheduling alliance. The year after is when they plan to be playing in a conference.
                        And all of these games against D2 schools should (theoretically) count towards a schedule as a D1 I dependent, right?
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I'm 99.999999 percent certain Saint Michael's does not offer athletic scholarships in hockey.
                          If a school is playing in a D3 conference they have to adhere to all the D3 rules....so no athletic scholarships. The amount of financial aid given ......well that's a whole different story

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
                            Ok so it's just temporary. Interesting that the schools would agree to this knowing that Holy Cross is just going to jump ship after a year. Desperate times I guess.
                            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Sacred Heart is also a D1 independent, do they have to make a move as well at some point?

Comment

Working...
                              X