Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU vs. Bye

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Speaking of teams that play before we do, hoping Duluth can get a couple wins in the next 3 leading up to playing us; they have an early lead against UNO and then a split (or better) would be awesome in Grand Forks. Give them a little hope on the year before we go in to Duluth and crush them.
    Key with UMD seems to be shutting down their PP.
    They have 16 goals coming into today, 9 on the PP.
    We are a disciplined squad so we should be able to limit their opportunities on the PP but I have a feeling we will be working on the PK a lot the next couple of weeks to get ready for it.
    The points are there for the taking, let's see if we can grab them.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      And?
      This thread has zero to do with your squad, yet here you are.
      Seems normal to me to talk about other games when we don't play this week.
      And usually these threads are just fun times, talking about Rhode Kones, etc. on the Bye Team...
      Believe itor not I do peek at all WCHA threads.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Key with UMD seems to be shutting down their PP.
        They have 16 goals coming into today, 9 on the PP.
        We are a disciplined squad so we should be able to limit their opportunities on the PP but I have a feeling we will be working on the PK a lot the next couple of weeks to get ready for it.
        The points are there for the taking, let's see if we can grab them.
        The nice thing is they lead the nation in penalty minutes per game and according to Biddco their defensemen have a tendency to fall down at the worst times.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          And usually these threads are just fun times, talking about Rhode Kones, etc. on the Bye Team...
          Believe itor not I do peek at all WCHA threads.
          Peeking at them and posting in them are 2 different things and I think we can decide for ourselves what our bye week thread will be.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

The nice thing is they lead the nation in penalty minutes per game and according to Biddco their defensemen have a tendency to fall down at the worst times.
            Well then we can hope our PP gets a lot of practice as well.
            Wonder if Benik will be in for this series.
            He was at the game last night in a walking boot so that is good news.
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

This just in: UMD is terrible! But they'll still give the Gophers a run for their money. #cupcakes
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                This just in: UMD is terrible! But they'll still give the Gophers a run for their money. #cupcakes
                My sources have confirmed that you're turrible. Which is worse than terrible.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  My sources have confirmed that you're turrible. Which is worse than terrible.
                  What about trrbl?
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Peeking at them and posting in them are 2 different things and I think we can decide for ourselves what our bye week thread will be.
                    I've actually posted in other WCHA threads, too.

And you can't seem to decide:

1. First you said this thread is about one team only.
                    2. Then you say you're going to talk about other teams, thereby making this thread about other teams.

The logic is dizzying.

Anyway, it seems that the WCHA is quite the puzzle to figure out right now. Dunno if it's because it's so early in the season, massive misjudgment of talent on all teams, or what. Should be interesting what the conference looks like at the holiday break.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      What about trrbl?
                      That doesn't have any vowels so its not real!
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

2. Then you say you're going to talk about other teams, thereby making this thread about other teams.

The logic is dizzying.

Anyway, it seems that the WCHA is quite the puzzle to figure out right now. Dunno if it's because it's so early in the season, massive misjudgment of talent on all teams, or what. Should be interesting what the conference looks like at the holiday break.
                        It's really not that hard Brent.
                        The thread is about one team, i.e. St. Cloud, but the fans of that one team, can talk about any of the other teams in the league or the country for that matter if they wish to because this is our bye week thread and we can conduct it anyway we see fit.
                        Do you need it explained again?
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

That doesn't have any vowels so its not real!
                          That's how bad they are.... they don't even have vowels.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

The logic is dizzying.
                            ******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2y40U2LvKY&start=0&end=45">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2y40U2LvKY&start=0&end=45" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That's how bad they are.... they don't even have vowels.
                              Too soon. Or is it too early...?
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Too soon. Or is it too early...?
                                Neither, its perfect timing. You have one tie and three losses against a team that I don't think will have home ice and another team that I don't think is a lock. For as good as UNO's been, they've played three teams that will play on the road in the playoffs. If they can start taking points from real teams I'll buy into them more.

So as of now not only have you played nobody in conference, you've gotten beaten by nobody

Comment

Working...
                                X