• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2018-19 - Let's shuffle off to Buffalo

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Why not both.
    Well, that didn't work out.

Barring a major miracle in the 3rd period @ Hanover, it looks like we'll be hosting Brown next weekend.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      it looks like we'll be hosting Brown next weekend.
      You will. That might have been cause for concern a couple weeks ago, but the Bears seem to have lost a step or two since then. The PU series, which looked great on paper, was more of a comedy of errors. I'm sure they'll play with a lot of heart but the confidence they were riding from their second half run seems to have dissipated just a little too early.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Priske gone for 2.
        Shiplo gone for 1.
        Cukste plays.

I can't remember if they re-seed after the 1st round. We should get the lowest remaining seed. With no upsets, we get Brown.
        Do we see more OC in this game and possibly elevate freshman to the mix? I think they have to for game 1

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
          Do we see more OC in this game and possibly elevate freshman to the mix? I think they have to for game 1
          At this point we have 7 defensemen available for fridays game that includes Metsa, Chorny (2games played) and OC. I think we will see them all dressed for fridays game and have OC fill whatever spot needs filling either forward or defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Turk View Post
            At this point we have 7 defensemen available for fridays game that includes Metsa, Chorny (2games played) and OC. I think we will see them all dressed for fridays game and have OC fill whatever spot needs filling either forward or defense.
            Rafferty, Cukste, Diliberatore, Metsa, Boudreau, Chorney. My guess is we will see an extra forward for Friday night probably Dan Winslow and roll with 6 D. If anything happens then OC goes back I bet.
            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
            https://***********/QHockeyBlog
            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
              Rafferty, Cukste, Diliberatore, Metsa, Boudreau, Chorney. My guess is we will see an extra forward for Friday night probably Dan Winslow and roll with 6 D. If anything happens then OC goes back I bet.
              This ought to be the most interesting and challenging game of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                This ought to be the most interesting and challenging game of the season.
                This will definatly be an interesting game but I'm not sure about most challenging I think I would say the UMass and Cornell games were the most challenging but who knows without our seniors. Which brings up the point that Fridays game will be a preview of what we have as a Defense for next year. I know we will have a few new freshman next year but essentially what our core defense will be the beginning of next year. I think they will be up for the task against Brown but Cornell might be another story if we get that far but if we do we will have at least 2 of our seniors back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turk View Post
                  This will definatly be an interesting game but I'm not sure about most challenging I think I would say the UMass and Cornell games were the most challenging but who knows without our seniors. Which brings up the point that Fridays game will be a preview of what we have as a Defense for next year. I know we will have a few new freshman next year but essentially what our core defense will be the beginning of next year. I think they will be up for the task against Brown but Cornell might be another story if we get that far but if we do we will have at least 2 of our seniors back.
                  Turk, by "challenging" I mean overcoming being without both Chase and Luke Shiplo. This Brown team beat Bobcats at home 4-1 after Brandon went down. That team went into bit of a funk briefly after that as they worked into new rotations. The "challenge" is playing with new rotation. Are their replacements going to be 'stay home' defenders or offensive? If they are offensive, will they get back and cover...most of my concern is based on a lot of unknowns and this is the worst time to be playing with unknowns. Maybe thought, Rand gets creative, which could be very interesting overall because Brown has no idea what to expect either. Part of Shorty's success has been the play and familiarity between the defensemen. We are down big in that department.

So, do you amp up your offense OR stay home on D? OR, do you just do the same thing, 'stay with the system' as you have been able to do with Chase, Brandon and Luke in the lineup?

We can talk this through but we will know Friday night and it is just a big guess, what Bobcat team will show up, literally.
                  Last edited by SnowDogFlyer; 03-12-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I think they stay with the system. I really think the guys will step up for their captain and fill the necessary holes. Shorty can handle the rest.

Offensively nothing needs to change other than the forwards knowing they must play both ends of the ice. Nothing new... they've been doing it all year.

As has been said, it will be a great look at the future.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      I think they stay with the system. I really think the guys will step up for their captain and fill the necessary holes. Shorty can handle the rest.

Offensively nothing needs to change other than the forwards knowing they must play both ends of the ice. Nothing new... they've been doing it all year.

As has been said, it will be a great look at the future.
                      If the D doesn't allow Too many odd man / breakaways, especially early, I can really see Shorty focusing and carrying the team Friday. Hopefully they bring the intensity they brought to Yale after Chase was DQ'd. Yale was never in the game after that Major killed.

Comment

ECAC Quarterfinal preview: Quinnipiac vs. Brown

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...nipiac-vs.html
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

2nd season starts tonight... and hoping it's an extended one.

A tough task, especially tonight, but I think this team has what it needs to be successful.

One shift. One period. One game.

Go Q!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

I don't mind putting the whistles away in the playoffs. But can I please get a call when an obvious goal-scoring opportunity is taken away. Those have to be called.

Comment

Now that the game is over. That's a ridiculously frustrating loss. Dominated that overtime, really should have won it.

Better be ready to play tomorrow. Go Bobcats!

Comment

Way too conservative offensively tonight. Understandable considering the D situation but a little too much. I thought we were good defensively for the most part. Nothing to do but regroup and bring it tomorrow.

I'm implementing the MarkEagleUSA rule for tomorrow... the Bobcats are not allowed to lose on my birthday. Please, boys, give me a decent present!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X