Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I think everyone but the Clarkson and UM fans would rather see UW than the fightin nurses.
    Don’t give yourself too much credit. You are the Yankees of women’s hockey.

Comment

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

I think everyone but the Clarkson and UM fans would rather see UW than the fightin nurses.
      Honestly I think most Eastern fans would lend a cheer to Clarkson, while most Western fans would offer support to UW.

Obviously there are notable exceptions. In the case of intense arch-rivals, regional loyalties do tend to fall by the wayside. Yes, transfers may create hard feelings in the short run. And of course some fans have connections to both regions. Each of those things complicates the picture. But overall, I believe that regional loyalty is the leading factor when deciding who to root for as a neutral fan.

Just one fan's experience -- But in the 2019 UW/Clarkson Semi-Final, I was quietly rooting for UW. Not because I wanted Clarkson to lose. It actually made me a little sad to root against Kassidy. But my bottom line was that I wanted the WCHA to win.

FWIW.
      Last edited by pgb-ohio; 05-16-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
        Don’t give yourself too much credit. You are the Yankees of women’s hockey.
        Really? I don't think UW has won enough to be in that realm and MJ is a more than likeable fellow and is a USA hockey legend, whereas Steinbrenner had an ego the size of Texas and was basically a turd.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
          Honestly I think most Eastern fans would lend a cheer to Clarkson, while most Western fans would offer support to UW.

Obviously there are notable exceptions. In the case of intense arch-rivals, regional loyalties do tend to fall by the wayside. Yes, transfers may can create hard feelings in the short run. And of course some fans have connections to both regions. Each of those things complicates the picture. But overall, I believe that regional loyalty is the leading factor when deciding who to root for as a neutral fan.

Just one fan's experience -- But in the 2019 UW/Clarkson Semi-Final, I was quietly rooting for UW. Not because I wanted Clarkson to lose. It actually made me a little sad to root against Kassidy. But my bottom line was that I wanted the WCHA to win.

FWIW.
          In women's hockey I also have regional leanings, but only in women's hockey. All other sports it's my team or nothing. Clarkson has definitely solidified my regional allegiance, with BC's assistance. In an eastern VS MN Natty game I'm not rooting for the eastern teams. Evah.

Comment

In women's hockey I also have regional leanings, but only in women's hockey. All other sports it's my team or nothing. Clarkson has definitely solidified my regional allegiance, with BC's assistance. In an eastern VS MN Natty game I'm not rooting for the eastern teams. Evah.
            Likewise, despite the intense rivalry between the Badgers and my Gophers, when it comes down to a East vs. Wisconsin NCAA final, pains me to say it, I will hope for "that Western team". The recent "recruiting?" of talented transfers by Clarkson only reinforces those geographic sentiments.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Likewise, despite the intense rivalry between the Badgers and my Gophers, when it comes down to a East vs. Wisconsin NCAA final, pains me to say it, I will hope for "that Western team". The recent "recruiting?" of talented transfers by Clarkson only reinforces those geographic sentiments.
              Clarkson draw 21 year old transfers and seem to steer clear on recruiting 12 year olds. I don’t know what is more acceptable!

Comment

...... The recent "recruiting?" of talented transfers by Clarkson only reinforces those geographic sentiments.
                And I wonder how many other schools were "recruiting" those talented transfers and they decided that Clarkson was the best choice for them?
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                  Clarkson draw 21 year old transfers and seem to steer clear on recruiting 12 year olds. I don’t know what is more acceptable!
                  So is it acceptable for Minn and Wisco to recruit 12 year olds but not go after 21 year old transfers? Just wondering your opinion?
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                    And I wonder how many other schools were "recruiting" those talented transfers and they decided that Clarkson was the best choice for them?
                    That would be interesting to learn about for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      So is it acceptable for Minn and Wisco to recruit 12 year olds but not go after 21 year old transfers? Just wondering your opinion?
                      I didn't approve of the former either when it was permitted! To discourage the latter I would support a one year eligibility "sit rule" (except in the case of Clarkson, two years).
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Nothing yet. It's so early in the process though I doubt she's 100% sure where she's going to be.
                        Apparently dad is quite the handful. Certainly doesn't help.

Comment

To discourage the latter I would support a one year eligibility "sit rule" (except in the case of Clarkson, two years).
                          Shot and a goal!

Comment

Most places the fish learn after getting caught a couple times not to go after the bait,
                            but these upstate NY fish never seem to learn and get caught time and time again.
                            You can catch and release until you get tired of catching the same two fish.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              You can catch and release until you get tired of catching the same two fish.
                              Then you have to eat them. Who doesn't love a plate of fried fish with marble rye and some slaw?

Comment

Today on ESPN Sports Center saw Kenzie Kent get 5 goals (One doozy made the Top 10) against MD but alas final score was MD 12 BC 10 for the NC$$ Womens Lacrosse Championship. A 2 sport star at BC, quite the young lady.
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                                X