Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Correct, their league schedule is laughable, which is exactly why they play the OOC schedule that they do. It has certainly benefitted and prepared them in the past.

You’re not the only one who has seen them play. Conway is one of the best players in the entire country. When you’ve got a great record and a superstar you’re pretty good. I’m not arguing that they’re down from where they’ve been recently; they are. I just think saying “they aren’t very good” is laughable, to use your word.

Perhaps "not very good" was a bit of an exaggeration on my part. The point was to say, this team is not deserving of top 10 ranking. If the name on the sweater was Williams, Amherst, Conn, Hamilton, etc., I can guarantee they would not be ranked in the top 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcat View Post
      Perhaps "not very good" was a bit of an exaggeration on my part. The point was to say, this team is not deserving of top 10 ranking. If the name on the sweater was Williams, Amherst, Conn, Hamilton, etc., I can guarantee they would not be ranked in the top 10.
      That was my only beef with what you said. I do happen to think they’re one of the 10 best teams, just not in the best 3-6. But, we can agree to disagree on that minor point.

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
        Getting on your team for lack of effort, etc is now “immature and unprofessional”? I participate more on the men’s board than here, but I read here daily. You’ve had an ax to grind with Coach Bolding for years, and haven’t even made the slightest effort to hide it.

I AM a Cadet partisan. You could call Mark Bolding some things, but arrogant isn’t one of them.
        Your pov is that he is not arrogant, perhaps you have blinders on? He is beyond arrogant, a jerk really. He's not even worth going out for beers if he is buying.

The Cadets have a lot of talent BUT if talent doesn't work. They currently have summer tires on in Northfield, yeah you can have a fast care but if all you are going to do is spin your tires than w tf is the point? Does Bolding not know how to change a tire?

Remember, UVM passed him over. One might think think that he's better than Plummer. I think his arrogance lost him a chance at that job.

As far as him getting POd, he should! You tied Castleton, lol. Crying really snowflakes?!

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
          Your pov is that he is not arrogant, perhaps you have blinders on? He is beyond arrogant, a jerk really. He's not even worth going out for beers if he is buying.

The Cadets have a lot of talent BUT if talent doesn't work. They currently have summer tires on in Northfield, yeah you can have a fast care but if all you are going to do is spin your tires than w tf is the point? Does Bolding not know how to change a tire?

Remember, UVM passed him over. One might think think that he's better than Plummer. I think his arrogance lost him a chance at that job.

As far as him getting POd, he should! You tied Castleton, lol. Crying really snowflakes?!

Whoa now! Let's not sugarcoat it i guess. If you had to pick one....do you go with Bolding or Mandigo??

Comment

• Originally posted by bearcat View Post
            Whoa now! Let's not sugarcoat it i guess. If you had to pick one....do you go with Bolding or Mandigo??
            Lol. I go with neither of them. Peas in a pod. I "call it" as I see it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post

I don’t think he is arrogant, but I have an admittedly biased view. I’ve heard from a lot of people who are not affiliated with Norwich (including within this thread) who also do not feel that he is arrogant, based on their interactions with him.

I think the success he’s had shows he is capable of “changing a tire”; he has an engineering degree, after all.

Notice how no one ever seems to accuse losers of being arrogant? Weird.

Your final point, we can agree on. Teams in all sports, across genders, at every level, get ripped occasionally. Everyone crying about that needs to get a grip.

Comment

Elmira beats Kings 16-0 today and outshoots them 72-3.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Only one penalty the whole game?

Did they do anything to try and mitigate this, like having forwards play defender and vice-versa?

The whole thing is brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Yeah but you forgot to mention that the game was close for the first 14 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                      Yeah but you forgot to mention that the game was close for the first 14 seconds.
                      I'm guessing that perhaps now, folks will finally see my earlier point....there are top U14 teams out there that would beat several of these new "Programs" [including this poor joke of a team].

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                        I'm guessing that perhaps now, folks will finally see my earlier point....there are top U14 teams out there that would beat several of these new "Programs" [including this poor joke of a team].
                        Stop beating this poor dead horse. Nobody cares but you because you've been cross checked to the head too many times on and off the ice.

Comment

Looks like Plattsburgh has recruited their first Canadian player since Leonard and Fadel left after the 16-17 season. Will we ever see the number of Canadian women in DIII Women's hockey return to previous levels of a few years ago or is what we're seeing now permanent?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            Stop beating this poor dead horse. Nobody cares but you because you've been cross checked to the head too many times on and off the ice.
                            LOL. well you sure seem to care since you respond to every post...and claim that these "teams" are good for the game. SFI

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                              Looks like Plattsburgh has recruited their first Canadian player since Leonard and Fadel left after the 16-17 season. Will we ever see the number of Canadian women in DIII Women's hockey return to previous levels of a few years ago or is what we're seeing now permanent?

Lol this looks like RPI's thread when they get commitments except those are D1 verbal commitments and this is a D3 verbal commitment. I can't recall the last time I saw a D3 commitment published publicly like this.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                                Lol this looks like RPI's thread when they get commitments except those are D1 verbal commitments and this is a D3 verbal commitment. I can't recall the last time I saw a D3 commitment published publicly like this.
                                You must not be on Twitter or Instagram because a lot of junior programs or coaching programs make posts like this when their players commit to DIII. Some of them actually produce some good graphics.

Comment

Working...
                                X