This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Headline News Thread

What I heard was that President Obama and Jeremiah Wright declared a holy jihad against Christianity in order to slay the infidels.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Thanks, Sarah Palin.

Oh, And he doesn't need to change his writer unless you mean dumb it down for the average listener.
      not sure he could dumb it down much more. unless he does what Foxton suggested.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Given your interpretation of his comments yes he could dumb it down.

btw channel RT which is offered locally here just had a story on John McCain that I think even MSNBC would blush at. Makes Dick Cheney look like Ghandi.

Comment

back to Brian Williams. he's gone. Lester Holt will be anchoring for the foreseeable future. good call by NBC.

best one I've heard yet - the Zapruder film actually was the Brian Williams film.
          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Talk about needing a history course.
            Good lord. Please tell us where you went to school; whoever taught you needs to have their license revoked.
            Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            we can (and have) argued all day about the racist proclivities of the Democratic party. pro slavery, pro South, pro Jim Crow, pro Dixiecrat, pro welfare, pro terrible inner city school and on and on and on all the while telling black people they are not as good or as smart and obviously can't make it on their own and therefore must be "taken care of" by their kindly masters, the Democrats. I realize you believe that sometime, a flip flop occurred and now the Republican are pro slavery, pro South, pro Jim Crow, etc. I don't think either party supports those positions now, but it always enjoyable to pull your chain. thanks.

the Crusades. an interesting period of history where its possible for every person in the world to hold a differing opinion and still be correct. its that messed up. Muslims captured the Levant in the mid 600s. why this didn't gather any European attention has hundreds of explanations. see previous sentence. personally I think it was because most of Europe wasn't even Christian itself at the time (or bare so) and those that were, were so backward they didn't even know where Jerusalem was. if you lived in the Levant at the time Muslim rule was enlightened and civilized. and in some cases amazingly tolerant. it was only when the Komnenos got their panties in a bunch about their Byzantime Empire being eaten up by the ever encroaching Muslims that they asked for European help in 1096. once again, you me and every other historian of the era has a reason this happened. heck, a good Marxist argument could be made for the rising of the peasant worker. or a Pope wanting a bunch of troublemakers off his back. *** for tat until the Muslims took down the Byzantine empire - 1452 or 53?? - and finally arrived on Vienna's doorstep in 1529. its a timeline not specific dates.

Michigan State. History, Art History and Classical Studies. some emphasis in Central European history. Latin and Greek. I think time has long ago revoked their licenses. may they RIP.
            This was kind of fun in a mean-spirited way.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

BREAKING: Brian Williams has been hired by Faux "News" where they encourage him to lie about Iraq as much as he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                BREAKING: Brian Williams has been hired by Faux "News" where they encourage him to lie about Iraq as much as he wants.
                Is this a "backhanded insult" ?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Is this a "backhanded insult" ?
                  Upon further review....nope. A solid 2-handed forehand.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    income and prestige. and not going to happen. he'll find a place. what a "wheel of fortune" turn of events (referring to the medieval concept, not the game show ) one week from the most trust man in America to out.

what the ... *** is now out?
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      this is true. only 27% of Americans could identify his picture and 2% of those thought he was Joe Biden. I almost dropped the computer I laughed so hard.
                      Does that mean that Brian Williams is really the Vice President?

-----------

What is Jerusalem?
                      Nothing. Everything!
                      Last edited by joecct; 02-08-2015, 09:10 AM.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        What is Jerusalem?
                        Nothing. Everything!
                        Is there anything Orlando Bloom can't do with bow and arrow?
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Is Williams the first person to get punished for lying about something in Iraq?

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                            He will be the first, last and only person.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              we can (and have) argued all day about the racist proclivities of the Democratic party. pro slavery, pro South, pro Jim Crow, pro Dixiecrat, pro welfare, pro terrible inner city school and on and on and on all the while telling black people they are not as good or as smart and obviously can't make it on their own and therefore must be "taken care of" by their kindly masters, the Democrats. I realize you believe that sometime, a flip flop occurred and now the Republican are pro slavery, pro South, pro Jim Crow, etc. I don't think either party supports those positions now, but it always enjoyable to pull your chain. thanks.

the Crusades. an interesting period of history where its possible for every person in the world to hold a differing opinion and still be correct. its that messed up. Muslims captured the Levant in the mid 600s. why this didn't gather any European attention has hundreds of explanations. see previous sentence. personally I think it was because most of Europe wasn't even Christian itself at the time (or bare so) and those that were, were so backward they didn't even know where Jerusalem was. if you lived in the Levant at the time Muslim rule was enlightened and civilized. and in some cases amazingly tolerant. it was only when the Komnenos got their panties in a bunch about their Byzantime Empire being eaten up by the ever encroaching Muslims that they asked for European help in 1096. once again, you me and every other historian of the era has a reason this happened. heck, a good Marxist argument could be made for the rising of the peasant worker. or a Pope wanting a bunch of troublemakers off his back. *** for tat until the Muslims took down the Byzantine empire - 1452 or 53?? - and finally arrived on Vienna's doorstep in 1529. its a timeline not specific dates.

Michigan State. History, Art History and Classical Studies. some emphasis in Central European history. Latin and Greek. I think time has long ago revoked their licenses. may they RIP.
                              If you say "three," mister, you'll never hear the man count "ten."

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                                Soldiers from Abu Ghraib were punished once the truth came out, no?

and I'd say Saddam Hussein was punished for telling lies about the status of his WMDs as well.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X