Union College: 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2018-2019

Being ranked 11th is nice and all, but it's hard to figure out what exactly this team is going to be. The two losses to RPI were awful. I was at the UML-RPI game in Troy, and couldn't believe Union lost twice to that team. Tying Brown is another colossal disappointment. These should have been 6 league points..... not 1.
    Last edited by ecachawkeyfan; 12-07-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Colgate, Princeton and Dartmouth all lost to non-conf. Just a lousy day all around.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        The sad part is that they left Hanson out to dry.
        Well we got to see what happens when Hanson doesn't make that one "very special" save when they make that mistake..
        He wasn't the same either - juicy rebounds.. and took a couple off the noggin (not a good sign when the goalie can't catch one right at his eyes..
        The D was sloppy and had several give aways - and the offense - well hopefully they were saving it for tonight..

This game reminded me of the first RPI game - start with bus legs - get ahead and then comes the end of the first period
        Not sure what they said in those 2 intermissions but they need to never say it again...

Going to take that effort we saw in Ireland once again

GO U!!

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
          Being ranked 11th is nice and all, but it's hard to figure out what exactly this team is going to be. The two losses to RPI were awful. I was at the UML-RPI game in Troy, and couldn't believe Union lost twice to that team. Tying Brown is another colossal disappointment. These should have been 6 league points..... not 1.
          Agreed..

Comment

Mark Dufour is in the line up for the first time this year. The big senior can skate and bang the boards. I hope he can contribute. It would be a big plus as he has size and can skate. He needs to stay out of the box. We want to get out in front of Brown.
            I'd like to see them dress Mark and Zach more and "rest" a couple of those little guys ..sometimes you just need to
            force your will on a team with just pure power..

Comment

I just have a bad feeling.
              Yep
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

In 2013-2014 we started out 2-2-1 but IMO you could see that the team was tenacious. They kept coming at you. The previous two years they had won the ECAC. They had something to prove. They were driven and you could see it from the start of the season. During the course of the season they continued to improve. They could adjust their play to the competitor. They could skate if you needed to skate. They could bang the boards if that was needed as well. When they were down, they seemed to have an extra gear, an overdrive. The seniors set expectations. Losing was not acceptable. Someone always seemed to "step up" when the need arose. They finished #2 in scoring and #2 in defense. They were hungry and as the season progressed, they got hungrier.

This year we have an outstanding group of young men. They are to a man a credit to the school and their families. They are a very good team. We have forwards with skill. We got off to a good start because he had everyone returning and a large and experienced senior class.

I think we will do well again this year. IMO I think we will finish around 20th in the pairwise and perhaps in the top 6 in the ECAC and maybe a trip to Lake Placid. You can see the progress the other teams in the league are making, as well as improvements in Hockey East teams. You can see which teams in the league are "hungry" and which teams are not.

IMO we are not playing like we are hungry. We are not playing like we have something to prove. We are not tenacious. We are not improving as fast as some of the other ECAC and HE teams are. We have some skill. The coaches can only do so much. The will to win and the will to never accept defeat has to come from within the players. I don't see it.

The good news is that we have a potentially championship calibre goalie in Hanson. He certainly is hungry and has something to prove.
                Last edited by Dutchman; 12-20-2018, 01:24 PM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Wishing a Merry Christmas to the Dutchmen faithful, all ECAC fans everywhere and everyone that loves Men's & Women's College Hockey.
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Darion hanson at goalie for union ?
                      YES
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Luc Brown is no longer on the team, the Gazette reported Friday morning.

BROWN OUT

After two-plus seasons at Union, junior wing Luc Brown has left the program.

He had six goals and nine assists in 37 games as a freshman, then dropped off to 3-5-8 in 25 games last season. He appeared in just four of 15 games this year, without a point.

"That was his decision," Bennett said. "He came in after Ireland and said, 'I've had enough,' and I wished him well."
                        After winning the OJHL MVP award in his final year in juniors, Brown seemed like a potential impact player for Union. Needless to say, that never came close to happening.

Comment

Too many Christmas cookies dull the appetite?

Comment

We could only score 2 goals against the next to worse defense in DI college hockey? Canisius was 58/60 giving up 3.8 gpg and our offense was barely able to score twice? Something is wrong with our offense. That was supposed to be our strength this year.
                            Last edited by Dutchman; 12-29-2018, 05:54 AM.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

UC not gonna make the Tournament. You need a convincing sweep over lowly Can. Hope they don't get blown out next weekend.

Comment

We are struggling with the bottom of the AHL while Clarkson is knocking off the big boys. At this point I would see Cornell, Clarkson, Harvard, Yale, Qpac and Princeton in the top 6 with Union, RPI, Dartmouth, Brown and Colgate and St Lawrence in the bottom half. We are just not improving fast enough. The ECAC will be a real blood bath.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X