Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

I'm assuming the wcha championship game will be shown on stretch internet right?
    Last edited by Scrum Bucket; 03-13-2018, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2017-18 The Joe Shawhan Era Continues - Getting Better Everyday

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
      I'm assuming the wcha championship game will be shown on stretch internet right?
      Yes.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
        Which likely means about the first 3/4 of the game will be on stretch internet. After that, use your imagination.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Which likely means about the first 3/4 of the game will be on stretch internet. After that, use your imagination.
          Nothing exciting happens in the last 15 minutes of a game anyway, right?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I really want to thank you fellow Tech fans for allowing us NMU alumni to vent yesterday. Maybe because we all had hoped for so long this matchup would happen that when all the cards fell into the right spot, we all made plans to meet back up for a mini-tInvasion reunion.

OlverIsMyHero, NMUPiccDiva, HockeyBando, myself, and a few others had the ability to get to Marquette for Saturday. The timing worked out for all our schedules.

But instead, we'll be sitting home watching the game. Instead of coming home to our Alma Mater to watch something that we (NMU fans) all last saw in person in 2010. And fewer saw in 1999. NMU play in a title game.

Thank you MeanEGirl, Big blue, HuskyNation, and others for the outreach. May we all soon gather together again for good times!!
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              Hey now, the Championship Game last season only cut out during the 2nd period I believe for me.
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Just listened to the JSH. He had some interesting comments about NMU's ticket sales. It sounded like Tech (Suzanna Sanregret) had to fight for the 150 tickets and to have our pep band there. His comments on the BGSU and 200 tickets. Tech called BGSU and asked them how many tickets they wanted. They replied 200. They also returned what they didn't sell for MTU to sell.

My interpretation, this was not an NMU ticketing accident/incompetence of IT systems. Give it a listen.

Props to BSU and MSU for supporting a friendly competitive atmosphere.

Comment

I just listened to it as well. One other takeaway was when Joe mentioned that NMU may need Sanregret's help in a WCHA or GLIAC matter in the future and may not get it. My guess is she was not very happy with how NMU played their hand. Then I got a chuckle when Dirk said he normally doesn't promote other media outlets but mentioned the game will be on TV. Joe replied "see that's how you work together. Just tell people to watch the game and figure out how to sync the audio so they can watch the game and listen to you(Dirk)". I'm liking Joe more and more every time I listen to him.

I like this team!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                    I just listened to it as well. One other takeaway was when Joe mentioned that NMU may need Sanregret's help in a WCHA or GLIAC matter in the future and may not get it. My guess is she was not very happy with how NMU played their hand. Then I got a chuckle when Dirk said he normally doesn't promote other media outlets but mentioned the game will be on TV. Joe replied "see that's how you work together. Just tell people to watch the game and figure out how to sync the audio so they can watch the game and listen to you(Dirk)". I'm liking Joe more and more every time I listen to him.

I like this team!
                    Found out on accident the best way to watch NHL on NBC...unplug the center channel if you have surround sound. All the sounds of the game will be there without the uninsightful chatter, pretty close to being at the game with the right system and some friends. Syncing the streams may be a little trickier, but I'd love to do it. Would help if wcha.tv had DVR functions during live events.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Comment

The Mix93 stream is typically ahead of the WCHA.tv stream. If you use RealPlayer or the Windows Media Player and play the pasty.net link you can pause the audio to sync to the correct time on video.

Comment

I didn't realize you could pause the Livestream, I'll try that next time. Played through FM last time the audio was messed up on an away feed, of course it was a few seconds ahead.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Comment

• We have a commitment from Blais Richartz, a 17-year-old forward from Menomonie, Wis., currently playing for Tri-City (USHL). He has 8 goals and 6 assists in 44 games, which places him 29th in the USHL in points per game for U18s excluding NTDP players. (Logan Pietila ranks 21st in the same category.)

Comment

One thing I want to really give our staff credit for is teaching and developing players. It's amazing what has been done in the past 6 months. Our guys have really progressed and the credit goes to the staff. They put in long hours, work very hard and really do the job.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              One thing I want to really give our staff credit for is teaching and developing players. It's amazing what has been done in the past 6 months. Our guys have really progressed and the credit goes to the staff. They put in long hours, work very hard and really do the job.
                              I agree 100% with your statement about the great job the coaching staff has done bringing this team along.

My only criticism is of the early, and less but continued, negativity by Coach Shawhan towards the players. Statistically the players on this team are on par or in some cases better than the guys before them even though they were admittedly ignored to some extent by the coaching staff through there prior years development. I can't help but think that with more positive statements and reinforcement that the guys would have played with more confidence and been even better. The sophomores, juniors and seniors on this team were a big part of the conference championship last year. Lesperance led the team in points, Gould in goals, Auk and Luchinni right on their heels. To sell these guys short by continually discounting there contribution (even alluded to as late as Monday's JSH) is mind boggling to me. This senior class is the first since 72-76 to win 20 games all 4 years. They've had 2 NCAA appearances (soon to be 3), a WCHA championship (soon to be 2), numerous other tournament victories and more to come. Luchinni, Gould, Rienke (if he stays), Jackson, Smith and most of the freshman have a shot to be as good as anyone on the list that Coach Shawhan continues to rattle off. It's really time to move forward coach and give this team their due. No matter what happens Saturday this is a champion caliber team in my mind and as good as any.

I love this team! Go Huskies!!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I agree completely. Also a shout out to the guys from "top" lines all the way down to the guys who don't play every night. They all stepped up at one point or another.

Go Tech!!

Comment

Working...
                                X