X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    possibly meaningless: "the employees asked the tech mogul and Chan to recommend them."

I know they don't want Warren, but do they really think longshot Pete would be a good place for them to hedge their bets?
    They're using Pete to keep Warren from edging closer to Bernie's platform.

Still not a good look for Pete.

Comment

It's nice to see that young, hip social media companies are just as evil as stodgy, old energy and drug companies. Keeps up my faith in capitalism.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        It's nice to see that young, hip social media companies are just as evil as stodgy, old energy and drug companies. Keeps up my faith in capitalism.
        Yeah, it's odd how no one can come up with a way to regulate it properly. Just can't be done.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Yeah, it's odd how no one can come up with a way to regulate it properly. Just can't be done.
          Zuck can't afford to pay a wealth tax. Please *sniff* think of the billionaire job creators.

Comment

Note this is not me wanting her to run, just pointing out how infinitely more intelligent she is, and Presidential she would have been, compared to Chester Cheato.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              That's Gabbardovich.
              That didnt roll off the tongue so I went with "dev" instead
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think the correct analogy to Hillary is Biden, albeit in a much lesser way. They are both centrists who turn their backs on the energy coming from the younger more liberal rising Democratic wave and thus reduce our voter pool. They both turn a lot of people off by churning out the old, tired Terry McAuliffe centrist Corporate Dem DNC messaging. They both "play old." Warren and Sanders are older than dirt but they play young, Hillary and Biden are like watching the paint dry.

But I don't want to overstate it. The Echo Chamber literally had 25 years to churn up base hatred against Hillary. Biden OTOH was until recently quite invisible on the GOP Slander Charts. There's nothing like the kind of pent up hatred against him that there was for Hillary. She was a thousand year flood. The only way the GOP is lucking into that kind of thing again is if we nominate Jane Fonda.

I think Biden can grind out a 50/50 win assuming he can survive vote suppression, electoral fraud, and the botski tsunami. But in a 50/50 outcome there is likely a freeze to status quo numbers in the House and Senate and so, for example, we get 4 or 8 years without any legislation, without a SCOTUS nominee, and with the same grinding depression that makes people angry and desperate enough to reach for a Dump in frustration. Not healthy.
                Yep to all of this. No one under 60 will vote for Biden in the primaries. Bernie and Warren have the youth behind them in droves. Biden is definitely Hillary (though his issues are way more legit than hers were) and Warren/Bernie are well...Bernie

The Pocahontas crap will get his people to vote...but that is a rather small portion of the electorate. The other thing it will do is get the Left to vote because it is a BS talking point and unlike Hillary she is a fighter they support. His number is locked, we know what he will get. We know what we SHOULD get and the more Trump attacks her the more likely we will get that.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

On this, two things:

1. The Deplorables don't matter. They are GOP ride or die. They are an obstacle in the physical landscape, not voters up for grabs. We should never give them a thought either way.

2. You know who won't win OH/MI/WI/PA "economic anxiety" rural whites? Obama. And yet he won handily twice. The key is to open up the voter pool by appealing to people who are energized by attacks on the systemic class problems in this country. When we choose a centrist we throw cold water on all that. That is the Plutes protecting their loot by getting us to self-censor, and the consequence is we wither as a party while the right becomes bolder, more fascistic, and more powerful and energetic. Here's the thing about Dump: he's not boring.
                  While all of this is true...2016 is the proof that even the worst Centrist is better than the alternative right now. Until the GOP ousts The Deplorables it has to be Dems ride or die
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That was a really good episode but did you think Tyson was just going through the motions? He's usually way more up. Last Friday he looked like he was just there for the check.
                    I think he is a bit skittish because of the outrage over his comments about Guns (that got ridiculously blown out of proportion) and being like a year out from being #MeToo'ed in what turned out to be a complete lie. The last year the Libs havent always been super kind to Tyson.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      While all of this is true...2016 is the proof that even the worst Centrist is better than the alternative right now. Until the GOP ousts The Deplorables it has to be Dems ride or die
                      Of course it's Vote Blue No Matter Who, as far as I'm concerned for the rest of my life. The GOP can never be forgiven and can never be trusted.

The choice of Dem nominee, which is open to debate, has no bearing on the necessity of voting for the Dem nominee, which is not open to debate. The only thing to do with Nazis is bury them.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

lead-pipes

Comment

This should end well...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Elizabeth Warren is here in Chicago standing alongside the Chicago Teachers Union.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              The Pocahontas crap will get his people to vote...but that is a rather small portion of the electorate. The other thing it will do is get the Left to vote because it is a BS talking point and unlike Hillary she is a fighter they support. His number is locked, we know what he will get. We know what we SHOULD get and the more Trump attacks her the more likely we will get that.
                              The only people who care about the Pocahontas thing are right-leaning centrists like my dad, who weenied out on Hillary and went for Johnson in 2016 "because of the email thing". When Warren is the nominee, I expect he'll have no problem voting Loonitarian again.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                The only people who care about the Pocahontas thing are right-leaning centrists like my dad, who weenied out on Hillary and went for Johnson in 2016 "because of the email thing". When Warren is the nominee, I expect he'll have no problem voting Loonitarian again.
                                That's not really a centrist. Anybody who is near the center is so appalled by the fascist turn of the GOP they are now straight ticket Dem.

The folks who are still voting Libertarian are solidly right Paleocons who don't like Dump's racism or xenophobia but for who it isn't a deal breaker. They're still voting for their ideal, they're not defensively voting to prevent catastrophe which means the GOP isn't a catastrophe to them. That aint center.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X