X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

Nuremberg 2019.

The Trump administration will, yet again, conduct rapid DNA testing on some migrant families at the southern border, CNN reports, “to help identify and prosecute individuals posing as families in an effort to target human smuggling.” A Homeland Security official told CNN that the DNA testing, which shows results in about 90 minutes, “will run for two to three days in two border locations.”

The administration has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that individuals are posing as “fake families” with “recycled” kids in order to cross the border and be detained for as short a time as possible. Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement “did not provide any specific instances where such activity took place,” BuzzFeed reported last month.

This isn’t the first time the administration has done this, either: Officials also conducted DNA testing on families that were forcibly separated last year and scattered throughout various detention facilities without proper record keeping, and, just like then, advocates are rightfully concerned about issues including privacy and consent.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Congress can impeach the AG but as we have seen one corrupt political party holding one chamber and the White House can destroy American democracy. That is what has happened here. We are no longer a functioning nation of laws. And if you talk to Republican voters -- even the ones here on the Cafe -- they're fine with it. They merely refuse to accept the supposition that failure to follow the law, without consequences, is the nullification of the rule of law.

Franklin was right. "A Republic... if you can keep it." The lethal blow isn't Dump or even the RNC. It is We the People.
      Yep, none of this would be possible without the shrugged shoulders of the "moderate" conservatives. They're giving quarter to criminals.

Comment

So which one of trumps buddies owns a dna company?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Congress can impeach the AG but as we have seen one corrupt political party holding one chamber and the White House can destroy American democracy. That is what has happened here. We are no longer a functioning nation of laws. And if you talk to Republican voters -- even the ones here on the Cafe -- they're fine with it. They merely refuse to accept the supposition that failure to follow the law, without consequences, is the nullification of the rule of law.

Franklin was right. "A Republic... if you can keep it." The lethal blow isn't Dump or even the RNC. It is We the People.
          And the great irony/hypocrisy is that the same people who are ok with the AG lying want to throw Hillary Clinton in jail. When none of them seem to be capable of coming up with an actual charge that she broke a specific law.

The AG may be lying to congress, and that's ok. Hillary is bad, because.

I have people here at work who can't understand the fascination with dumpy when Clinton is free.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            And the great irony/hypocrisy is that the same people who are ok with the AG lying want to throw Hillary Clinton in jail. When none of them seem to be capable of coming up with an actual charge that she broke a specific law.

The AG may be lying to congress, and that's ok. Hillary is bad, because.

I have people here at work who can't understand the fascination with dumpy when Clinton is free.
            You work with drew? Sorry to hear that

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              "I've done more for firefighters than their union," says guy who fought against requiring Trump Tower to have sprinklers.
              Without sprinklers the firefighters are that much more important.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by drew s. View Post
                without sprinklers the firefighters are that much more at risk of dying because the fire is that much worse.
                fyp.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  I work with them, too. Hate Radio has been pounding this into their skulls 24/7 for the last 4 years until it just runs out their mouths.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    "Most transparent administration evah!"

The best part is buried in the article:

It covered 54 drinks (making for an average price of $18.62 each) of premium liquor: Chopin vodka, Patron and Don Julio Blanco tequilas and Woodford Reserve bourbon.
                    Overcharge hicks for crap, the true Trump family grift.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      If you want Chump and crew held accountable for their crimes, it isn't Mueller's job to do so. Simply put, you need to 1) vote Chump and the Nazi cult out of office in 2020 (doable) and then 2) refer his crimes based on Mueller's investigation to the proper authorities. If that includes people like Barr in the cover up so be it. Chump is making a cynical but reasoned guess that if he runs out the clock on his first term, even if he ends up losing there will be no political appetite from the Dems in power to re-investigate his Presidency. If he wins he'll consider that justification for shutting down any investigations and pardoning anybody who could do him damage. I personally would prefer an airtight investigation and the authorities waiting to lead him away in handcuffs the minute he (hopefully) hands over power in Jan of 2021.
                      Who is saying otherwise?
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        This. He realizes that if at all looks like he is doing anything for personal or political, rather than professional, reasons than that's risks putting the whole investigation at risk. And yes, I realize that those opposed are going to try to discredit it regardless, but he personally cannot risk giving them a wide opening to do so.

He went through the proper channels and conducted the investigation. Some a-hole purposely mis-summarized it. He wrote a letter objecting (right after the summary came out) so that it was on record in an official manner. Now we know about it. Now it's up to Congress and those who can act to put 2 and 2 together and do so.
                        Yeah...how is that working out for us so far? Put 2 and 2 together you are out of your gourd. He can be on the record through prper channels all he wants to by the time he did that his report had lost all its teeth in the public eye. He let them control the narrative long enough that it doesnt matter anymore. And what do you think is going to happen to Barr with this "on the record" complaint by Mueller? He might get sanctioned? He isnt going to lose his job and when Trump is gone he isnt going to lose any real face. People will speak ill of him and he will have no trouble finding a job. Mueller's response literally did zilch.

But then again the only thing his defenders seem to have is his need to stay impartial...well I dont know how telling the world people are lying about things you said is not impartial but what would I know.

The media can do a million stories about how Barr misrepresented what was found...no one cares. Barr got the first word and there was no rebuttal from Mueller. If you dont think that caused damage and if you dont think he should have said otherwise we just arent going to agree.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 05-01-2019, 12:43 PM.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          The best part is buried in the article:

Overcharge hicks for crap, the true Trump family grift.
                          I'm surprised he doesn't have a few cases of his swill still lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            What are they gonna do build moats with spikes in them?
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Yeah...how is that working out for us so far? Put 2 and 2 together you are out of your gourd. He can be on the record through prper channels all he wants to by the time he did that his report had lost all its teeth in the public eye. He let them control the narrative long enough that it doesnt matter anymore. And what do you think is going to happen to Barr with this "on the record" complaint by Mueller? He might get sanctioned? He isnt going to lose his job and when Trump is gone he isnt going to lose any real face. People will speak ill of him and he will have no trouble finding a job. Mueller's response literally did zilch.

But then again the only thing his defenders seem to have is his need to stay impartial...well I dont know how telling the world people are lying about things you said is not impartial but what would I know.

The media can do a million stories about how Barr misrepresented what was found...no one cares. Barr got the first word and there was no rebuttal from Mueller. If you dont think that caused damage and if you dont think he should have said otherwise we just arent going to agree.
                              Do you think maybe you're calling the game over half way through the 2nd period because the other team scored a goal?

You're too focused, IMHO, on winning the news cycle. That doesn't matter because people's opinion of Chump's criminality are now baked in. We need to keep anybody not in the Nazi/KKK cult enraged as to the abuses and cover up by our Kremlin-annex friends who go by the name "Republicans". Take back the WH and Senate, even if by 1 seat, and then launch criminal referrals once Trump and his cabinet are out of office.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

And the Republicans, even the ones here, said that the end of our Republic would be people voting to give themselves chit.

I guess they were right. Just, they weren't talking about rich people.

Its always projection with these guys.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X