X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2018 Offseason - A Punch to the Gutt

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    I have a theory but I don't want to voice it here at this time
    Not sure what you think and I believe you should speak your mind without fear but I understand the Sneddon Service aka the SS will be upset but pretty easy to put together! I never buy the Wallack was a recruiting genius because the results speak for their own even if there is talent available he always looked after himself so yes I would say the guys he brought in now don't want to be there but they can see the writing on the wall! Wallack leaves for a Divison 3 job and Sneddon waste no time promotiong Hill who has no experience recruiting as volunteer coach because that is not allowed he add some guy who also barely has any experience and Sneddon already only has this season and next on the deal! Now I will still say that Schulman will end up giving his buddy another contract because as I have said they now have all the excuses lined up!!
    Make the playoffs finish 8 or higher - "wow what resiliency after offseason turmoil losing an assistant and your best player!"
    Miss the playoffs finish 9 or lower - "we had some challenges we lost a coach and our best player so give us a pass!"
    Both pathetic!
    When you pin your program on an assistant who not even a good recruiter as only reason guys show and you are not even being competitive and cannot coach this so called talent you have problems with your team and if you are the boss you need to make changes! Abandon ship still time to save yourself some of you true believers!!

Comment

If I am reading Heisenberg's list correctly it appears Cheremata was originally planning to enroll at UVM in 2018 and was since deferred to 2019. If Heisenberg is correct then deferring him could have as much or more to do with him decommitting than Wallack's departure.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        If I am reading Heisenberg's list correctly it appears Cheremata was originally planning to enroll at UVM in 2018 and was since deferred to 2019. If Heisenberg is correct then deferring him could have as much or more to do with him decommitting than Wallack's departure.
        typical Sneddon overloads his roster and tries to tell players to stay another year as if he's got any leverage to tell players to do that when they have good options! He did that with a kid named Anthony DeLuka they try to force him to play USHL year and he said no and went to QMHJL and then ended up having to play for a Canadian college team and all because Sneddy thought he needed more time but look at the kids numbers in Q and elsewhere could have been a star for UVM but also we know that story too! not the first time and this year SHOULD be the LAST time he does it because he needs to go!!!
        Last edited by pokecheckguy2; 07-17-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
          I don't think Sneddon and I would get along....I like offense and honesty....
          I understand completely!

Comment

Ryan Callahan, an assistant with Islanders Hockey Club in the USPHL, has joined UVM as a volunteer assistant. Still seeking a director of hockey ops
            Since "catmandoo" doesn't want the DHO job maybe they could hire a good recruiter for that position and split the duties up with new assistant coach Hill. Most junior hockey coaches have more recruiting experience and most have played D-I.

Comment

Mark Cheremeta decommitted from UVM and will go to BU this fall, Jeff Cox says it's the first of a few de-commits coming.

Think this is Wallack departure fallout.
              I think it was you who posted a chart with projected rosters for the next few years. It would be interesting to see an update of that chart with the players who have left/decommitted crossed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                According to Ted Ryan's piece when Colton signed UVM was looking to add another forward this year, whether it be through a late commitment, transfer, or accelerating someone, so I don't think it was that.
                https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                  I think it was you who posted a chart with projected rosters for the next few years. It would be interesting to see an update of that chart with the players who have left/decommitted crossed out.
                  Just off the top of my head....

Lee, Kearley would've been seniors this year, they're gone
                  Best graduated early and grad transferred
                  Colton obviously
                  Bowen turned pro
                  Decommits, off the top of my head: Ryley Risling (Robert Morris), Kale Kane (AIC), Max Sauve (Penn State), Cheremeta (BU), and the Wiesblatt brothers. And of course Cox teased that there were more coming.
                  Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 07-17-2018, 03:26 PM.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Also just looked at the site which is now updated sans newcomers, besides Colton and Best no early departures and a few number changes:

Max Kaufman: 3 -> 23
                    Vlad Dzhioshvili: 6 -> 10
                    Bryce Misley: 13 -> 9
                    Cory Thomas: 37 -> 27

Comment

Just off the top of my head....

Lee, Kearley would've been seniors this year, they're gone
                      Best graduated early and grad transferred
                      Colton obviously
                      Bowen turned pro
                      Decommits, off the top of my head: Ryley Risling (Robert Morris), Kale Kane (AIC), Max Sauve (Penn State), Cheremeta (BU), and the Wiesblatt brothers. And of course Cox teased that there were more coming.
                      Kane is actually at Norwich! Did not do so well there in year one by the numbers but the exodus is coming it would not be a UVM offseason without one!

Comment

UVM has picked up transfer forward Thomas Aldworth from Quinnipiac

Comment

UVM has picked up transfer forward Thomas Aldworth from Quinnipiac
                          Hmmm, a goal and two assists last season in 11 games. He should fit right in.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            Hmmm, a goal and two assists last season in 11 games. He should fit right in.
                            All I've been able to gather about him is he's quick

Comment

All I've been able to gather about him is he's quick
                              Flunked out mid-season...

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                                Flunked out mid-season...
                                How on earth then would he be admitted to UVM? UVM standards are quite high. Must be more to the story.

Comment

Working...
                                X