X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Evening/Morning tLodge. Just got home from working the Alaska State High School Soccer Championships. Got to referee the Division II Boys Final. Crazy game, team tied it up with a goal in stoppage time by the goalkeeper (link), two more goals in OT, and finally a sudden death OT winner.
    WOW!! That is really cool. Never heard of that. Didn't realize they could put him down there. Learn something new every day. Watched soccer since I was 10 (including in England) and never saw that

Good Afternoon Lodge! It is hot and thankfully starting to be windy.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      WOW!! That is really cool. Never heard of that. Didn't realize they could put him down there. Learn something new every day. Watched soccer since I was 10 (including in England) and never saw that

Good Afternoon Lodge! It is hot and thankfully starting to be windy.
      I’ve seen goalkeepers score on TV in situations like that but never live, though I’ve seen some crazy s- as a referee.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Evening, Lodge. My parents surprised me by showing up at a local restaurant I go to every Sunday, to have brunch with me, knowing I'd be there. That was pretty cool of them.

Perfect night out tonight, summer is just taunting me right now.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Question...do any of your employers have a tracking system for attendance?
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Like..................a punch clock?

We used to not have one, you just entered at the end of the day. As of about 2 months ago, we have an actual digitized scan clock, where you punch in for work, lunch, etc.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Yeah, we have to manually log into a computer system and enter our times, with what you enter tracked by checking log in times.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Like..................a punch clock?

We used to not have one, you just entered at the end of the day. As of about 2 months ago, we have an actual digitized scan clock, where you punch in for work, lunch, etc.
                    No, not punching a time clock. If we punch in more than 5 minutes late we get a half "occurrence". If we call off we get a full "occurrence". Termination at 8 "occurrences"
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Evening/Morning tLodge. Just got home from working the Alaska State High School Soccer Championships. Got to referee the Division II Boys Final. Crazy game, team tied it up with a goal in stoppage time by the goalkeeper (link), two more goals in OT, and finally a sudden death OT winner.
                      Did the team whose goalkeeper scored eventually win the game?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No, not punching a time clock. If we punch in more than 5 minutes late we get a half "occurrence". If we call off we get a full "occurrence". Termination at 8 "occurrences"
                        still termination at 'strike'?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Did the team whose goalkeeper scored eventually win the game?
                            Yeah.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Yeah, we have that. "Punching a time clock"/swiping a card for a time clock, same difference.

We have a 10 minute window before our official start time to punch in. Punch in late or forget to punch in? It sends an email to the boss for him to decide what to do with it. There is a half-hour window AFTER our official end time, where it won't flag for approval, anything more than that, it sends an email.

Evening, Lodge. Had our volunteer meeting for my local brewery today, Anniv party this weekend. I am helping with the specialty bottle sales. One of the owners made SURE I was the volunteer that got that job. Even tonight, someone asked him "When was X Beer first made?" He looks at me, "Um, Rube?" Yeah, I knew the answer.

Sweet gig, too. Pack up bottles for customers (only employees handle the financial part of the transaction), and I get a cooler, 4 drink tix, meal ticket, coozie, and a specialty bottle of my choice. 6 hour shift. It's hella fun.

Comment

Yes and no. We are responsible to record our time off and I need to verify my team does so correctly. Because a big part of the job is phone related I do have access to actual log in/out metrics but I've only needed to use it in a negative way a couple times. I hate babysitting.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X