UMass is NewMass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass is NewMass

Great year. Great story. Congrats to the Minutemen. Lost to a better team.

Comment

• Originally posted by alan View Post
      Bad for who lol
      Not bad by you. Sorry your team came up short. But I am happy to see them get to finals. Be proud and strong. With love, hockey east fans.

Comment

30 wins, a Hockey East Championship, a Hobey winner, and a spot in the National Title game. A massive step forward year in many, many ways. Congrats.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
          Great year. Great story. Congrats to the Minutemen. Lost to a better team.
          +1

Comment

Congrats on a great year and a deep run in the tourney. UMD has a great team; nothing to hang your head over.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

And as expected, Cale Makar signs with the Avalanche with an entry level contract:

https://www.milehighhockey.com/2019/...rado-avalanche

Congrats on a great season UMass fans! Keep coming back (here)....
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Made the following post on umasshoops, but figured I would share it here as well:

Unreal run by the guys this year. With this amazing season now in the books, one thing we can do to pass the seemingly endless time that is the offseason is talk about how the team will shake out for next year. Cale is obviously gone, along with Boeing, Keats, and Pritchard, but I think (and hope?) that we can expect most of the team back. For forward lines and D pairs, that leaves (based on the lines to end this season):

Chau-Gaudet-Chaffee
                Trivigno-Lagunov-????
                Leonard-????-Hildenbrand
                ADG-Suter-????

MDG-????
                Ferraro-Farmer
                McLaughlin-Felix

Incoming, it seems that we have the following guys for sure coming in...

Forwards: Jeremy Davidson, Reed Lebster, Ryan Sullivan, Peyton Reeves, Eric Faith
                Defense: Zac Jones, Gianfranco Cassaro

Then there are the following names that still appear to be committed but I haven't seen or heard much about recently (maybe someone else [FTT? Marshmont?] can confirm their status)...

Forwards: Marko Reifenberger, Alex DiPaolo, Khristian Acosta
                Defensemen: Jayson Dobay

Bobby Kaiser, who was pretty effective in limited action at the beginning of the season, will also be back. And, given the success he has had with grad transfers the past two seasons with Rufo and Pritchard, there is always the possibility that Carvel goes that route again too.

So, with these seemingly the options to work with, my best guess as of today would be something like this for lines and defense pairings:

Chau-Gaudet-Chaffee
                Trivigno-Lagunov-Leonard
                Lebster-Davidson-Hildenbrand
                ADG-Sullivan-Kaiser

Ferraro-Farmer
                McLaughlin-MDG
                Jones-Felix

These D pairs would provide a little more balance in terms of one offensive-minded defenseman and one more stay-at-home guy. If Carvel wanted to keep the McLaughlin-Felix pair together as a third pairing, could use MDG-Jones as a pure offense pairing as well. I think Ferraro, assuming he stays, will explode next year.

Going with these lines, that leaves the following names as scratches: Suter, Mika, Faith, Reeves, Bozzo, Vegara, Cassaro

There is also obviously the possibility that we see some unexpected departures, whether to the NHL or kids leaving due to an expected lack of future playing time, etc. Sounds like we are one of the finalists to land Gunnar Fontaine too, a forward who would presumably be coming next year and would be a big get. So we will see what happens there. All in all, there is a lot to look forward to next year, and I would love to see any thoughts y'all have on the future roster composition, or any thoughts in general on the 2019-2020 season. Go UMass!
                Last edited by carson12; 04-14-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Makar scores his first NHL goal in first period of his first game on his first shot.
                  Last edited by msprice; 04-15-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                    Makar scores his first NHL goal in first period of his first game on his first shot.
                    And great line by the commentator (I think it was Ray Ferraro): "I don't know what he dreams about, but it can't be any better than this!" And cool shot of his parents in the stands; his Dad taking pictures with his phone with the "UMass" sticker on the back.
                    Last edited by chickod; 04-15-2019, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                      30 wins, a Hockey East Championship, a Hobey winner, and a spot in the National Title game. A massive step forward year in many, many ways. Congrats.

red headed step children won hockey east...
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

red headed step children won hockey east...
                        Must have meant regular season; hang a banner.

Comment

An astonishing 72 hours for Cale Makar. I'm so glad I stayed up to watch last night's first period. Awesome.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by carson12 View Post
                            Sounds like we are one of the finalists to land Gunnar Fontaine too, a forward who would presumably be coming next year and would be a big get. So we will see what happens there.

Comment

Thrilled for Mario Ferraro signing with San Jose.

Comment

Weekend Preview: Massachusetts Minutemen

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...minutemen.html
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/