X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Alternative explanation: Mueller views process as more important than result because violation of process means all future process, and thus results, are at risk.

He does not view himself as a political actor; he views himself as an institutional functionary. His personal opinions are left at the door when he goes to work.

This is precisely what we are supposed to ask of all our state actors: cops, judges, soldiers. When you get state actors who discard their impartiality because they think "this time it's really important," you get Katherine Harris.
    This is correct. He is the perfect embodiment of what we want our public servants to be. The man should be held up as the gold standard.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

"Most transparent administration evah!"

Comment

Alternative explanation: Mueller views process as more important than result because violation of process means all future process, and thus results, are at risk.

He does not view himself as a political actor; he views himself as an institutional functionary. His personal opinions are left at the door when he goes to work.

This is precisely what we are supposed to ask of all our state actors: cops, judges, soldiers. When you get state actors who discard their impartiality because they think "this time it's really important," you get Katherine Harris.
        This. He realizes that if at all looks like he is doing anything for personal or political, rather than professional, reasons than that's risks putting the whole investigation at risk. And yes, I realize that those opposed are going to try to discredit it regardless, but he personally cannot risk giving them a wide opening to do so.

He went through the proper channels and conducted the investigation. Some a-hole purposely mis-summarized it. He wrote a letter objecting (right after the summary came out) so that it was on record in an official manner. Now we know about it. Now it's up to Congress and those who can act to put 2 and 2 together and do so.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

For the record, here's the letter: https://twitter.com/HouseJudiciary/s...84968960172033

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
            https://politicalwire.com/2019/05/01...ort-summaries/

I don't think turning Mueller into a bad guy here is either right or wise. He's managed to stay above the fray and do his investigation without any leaks which is just about unprecedented. We need 1) the full report, not the one selectively edited by Chump's toady, and 2) Mueller to testify openly before the House Judiciary Committee. Then we can start drawing better conclusions.
            Wow, I agree with Rover. No need to demonize the man cause he didn't come back with the result you wanted. Well, basically he did, but its not his place or authority to pass that judgement.

In this day and age, with politicians casually overstepping their authority, or being in others' pockets, or using their positions to enrich themselves and their friends, that should be a refreshing approach.

That our political authorities, whose place and authority it is to make that judgement, won't, because they're either totally spineless or totally corrupt, isn't on Mueller, and he shouldn't be marred with that. Save your ire for those who deserve it, and can make a judgement in this matter
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              If you want Chump and crew held accountable for their crimes, it isn't Mueller's job to do so. Simply put, you need to 1) vote Chump and the Nazi cult out of office in 2020 (doable) and then 2) refer his crimes based on Mueller's investigation to the proper authorities. If that includes people like Barr in the cover up so be it. Chump is making a cynical but reasoned guess that if he runs out the clock on his first term, even if he ends up losing there will be no political appetite from the Dems in power to re-investigate his Presidency. If he wins he'll consider that justification for shutting down any investigations and pardoning anybody who could do him damage. I personally would prefer an airtight investigation and the authorities waiting to lead him away in handcuffs the minute he (hopefully) hands over power in Jan of 2021.
              You realize if Dems had not taken the House in the midterms, we would have never seen the Mueller Report.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                If you want Chump and crew held accountable for their crimes, it isn't Mueller's job to do so. Simply put, you need to 1) vote Chump and the Nazi cult out of office in 2020 (doable) and then 2) refer his crimes based on Mueller's investigation to the proper authorities. If that includes people like Barr in the cover up so be it. Chump is making a cynical but reasoned guess that if he runs out the clock on his first term, even if he ends up losing there will be no political appetite from the Dems in power to re-investigate his Presidency. If he wins he'll consider that justification for shutting down any investigations and pardoning anybody who could do him damage. I personally would prefer an airtight investigation and the authorities waiting to lead him away in handcuffs the minute he (hopefully) hands over power in Jan of 2021.
                Holy sh-t! You are exactly right. How'd that happen?!
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Barr: "I don't know."

This is basically his answer to every other question so far.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Barr: "I don't know."

This is basically his answer to every other question so far.
                    It's one step above "I don't recall" on the "I'm perjuring myself, we both know it, and there's nothing you can do about it" hit parade.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It's one step above "I don't recall" on the "I'm perjuring myself, we both know it, and there's nothing you can do about it" hit parade.
                      If only Hillary has done that. Shame only one party acts like adults

Comment

Another 4.5b? GFY

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...qtXhX16ZUFlRDk

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          If only Hillary has done that. Shame only one party acts like adults
                          She didn't have to. She was innocent.
                          Cornell University

Comment

"I've done more for firefighters than their union," says guy who fought against requiring Trump Tower to have sprinklers.

KDR

Comment

If the AG lies under oath, who brings him to trial?

Of all the people who can get away with breaking the law, it seems that he has the easiest path, as he decides whether he prosecutes himself. Unless Congress can impeach the position.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                If the AG lies under oath, who brings him to trial?

Of all the people who can get away with breaking the law, it seems that he has the easiest path, as he decides whether he prosecutes himself. Unless Congress can impeach the position.
                                Congress can impeach the AG but as we have seen one corrupt political party holding one chamber and the White House can destroy American democracy. That is what has happened here. We are no longer a functioning nation of laws. And if you talk to Republican voters -- even the ones here on the Cafe -- they're fine with it. They merely refuse to accept the supposition that failure to follow the law, without consequences, is the nullification of the rule of law.

Franklin was right. "A Republic... if you can keep it." The lethal blow isn't Dump or even the RNC. It is We the People.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X