• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI @ SLU, Friday, 1/11/19

Not pretty but we’ll take it!

Comment

That was an odd game. Savory tomorrow, and lets see what happens.

Comment

Its never easy.
        Bring on Clarkson.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

This one could have should have been a cake walk. We scored 6! But for me Having marshall in net right now is like having a radar detector in your car that is not working. You feel protected but in actuality you have no protection. He has talent, some day he may be so good that he is a starter in the NHL. But right now, I have zero confidence that he can stop what is necessary in the RPI net for us to being a competitive team. If we do not have anything better on the bench, then we have no place to go.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Why in the world would any decent coach wait even that long? You have to put all personal feelings behind you and do what is right for the team to win.
            Win on a given night or win in the long run? He may see more potential in Marshall that he can develop. He may believe in the value of depth. He may be delusional, I don’t know for sure. Belichick has often been questioned for skimping on salaries at some positions (why wouldn’t he put the best team on the field) but they always spend to the salary cap and when injuries pile up during the season we see the value he puts on having a deeper roster (by saving some money for critical subs). Whatever the reason, if it works Smith will be a hero and if it doesn’t he won’t be around long.

Comment

We're going to need to have Savory at his best to have a chance against Clarkson tomorrow night.

I'll look to Ralph to confirm, but I believe with this win - our 6th - we've matched the number of W's we had last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckfan90 View Post
                We're going to need to have Savory at his best to have a chance against Clarkson tomorrow night.

I'll look to Ralph to confirm, but I believe with this win - our 6th - we've matched the number of W's we had last year?
                That’s true, but we had 4 ties last year and none this year so we haven’t matched last year’s point total.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                  That’s true, but we had 4 ties last year and none this year so we haven’t matched last year’s point total.
                  That’s the first time since Smith became head coach that RPI has won two straight games. Last time it happened was 1/28 and 2/3/17 against Clarkson and Colgate.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                    That’s the first time since Smith became head coach that RPI has won two straight games. Last time it happened was 1/28 and 2/3/17 against Clarkson and Colgate.
                    What about the Union weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      What about the Union weekend?
                      OMG! My bad. 😨

Comment

Originally posted by Puckfan90 View Post

While they may not have been very ascetically pleasing wins, we have won two straight games. And we have scored 8 goals in the last approximately 61:30. Just sayin.'

Clarkson is a tough opponent who has had our number over the last few years, no illusions about that. Let's see where we go tomorrow night. Let's go, Red!

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                          While they may not have been very ascetically pleasing wins, we have won two straight games. And we have scored 8 goals in the last approximately 61:30. Just sayin.'

Clarkson is a tough opponent who has had our number over the last few years, no illusions about that. Let's see where we go tomorrow night. Let's go, Red!
                          a few years?
                          I'd say almost 70 years.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            a few years?
                            I'd say almost 70 years.
                            Lol! Much truth to that!

That we haven't scored against CCT in the last about 4 or 5 games was what was on my mind.

Comment

That was quite the sieve-fest. I was surprised the band showed up; they mentioned they've already started classes, so I imagine Joe Pisacano couldn't make the trip up on that account. Maybe tomorrow? The roads were actually quite nice.

At least we also showed that we can hold a lead, even if we were making it tough on ourselves and had some loosey-goosey D there for a couple minutes. I was beginning to wonder if it'd be like the 08-09 game up there.

Let's just hope we didn't use up our scoring quota for the month, and can maybe put one in tomorrow night vs. a team we haven't scored on since AspyDad's Great Coach was behind the bench.

Comment

Working...
                              X