Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

Good work on that running list.

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    WCHA went 9-6-2 vs the B1G
    Worth noting: this isn’t a great argument that the WCHA is a stronger conference. Their overall numbers aren’t great (granted, they have a very NCHC-heavy noncon slate of games), and the only conference where the B1G didn’t have a better win % against was Hockey East (both conferences were 5-3-0 against them).

I think the point is fair that Jurusik had weaker competition (especially when one compares the basement of both conferences).

That said, I’d still defend Jurusik on this front: I don’t believe for a second that he (or Hayton, or Berry, or Lebedeff, or Moon Boy for all I know) are really at fault here. I don’t know how to back it up numerically, but from my observations of seeing poorly covered back doors and bad turnovers these last few seasons, Badger defenders have not been kind to their goalies.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2018-2019 Part 2: Still not time for the witty thread title.

FYI, started a sheet for general team stats that I might try to analyze.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f3GocSNrVca-qY

Trying to think of what else to look at. Deviation for GF and GA (or SOG and Opp SOG per game might be nice to help gauge consistency. CHN has some advanced Corsi/Fenwick numbers dating back to 14-15, but I don’t have a hugely strong opinion on how to draw conclusions from those stats.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by exileondaytonstreet View Post
        fyi, started a sheet for general team stats that i might try to analyze.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f3gocsnrvca-qy

trying to think of what else to look at. Deviation for gf and ga (or sog and opp sog per game might be nice to help gauge consistency. Chn has some advanced corsi/fenwick numbers dating back to 14-15, but i don’t have a hugely strong opinion on how to draw conclusions from those stats.
        a+
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          FYI, started a sheet for general team stats that I might try to analyze.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f3GocSNrVca-qY

Trying to think of what else to look at. Deviation for GF and GA (or SOG and Opp SOG per game might be nice to help gauge consistency. CHN has some advanced Corsi/Fenwick numbers dating back to 14-15, but I don’t have a hugely strong opinion on how to draw conclusions from those stats.
          Well done!

I wish we could have a Wiki at the beginning of each post where we could have a link with all of the sheets that we're putting together at this point.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Seamus Malone has signed a pro contract. Wish him the best of luck in his future career!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              Well done!

I wish we could have a Wiki at the beginning of each post where we could have a link with all of the sheets that we're putting together at this point.
              gwhini, in your spreadsheet, could you reorder the forwards for next year with NLI intent signers above the ones that haven't?
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                Seamus Malone has signed a pro contract. Wish him the best of luck in his future career!

Good for Seamus!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  gwhini, in your spreadsheet, could you reorder the forwards for next year with NLI intent signers above the ones that haven't?
                  Done!

Reordered throughout.

Comment

Done!

Reordered throughout.
                    Thanks and thanks for keeping this updated!
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Good for Seamus!
                      And scores a goal in his first game!

Comment

A general overall thought not directed at Seamus alone; I've never understood why players don't finish out the semester of school with only a couple months to go, unless they know they are going to bail and the classes they take reflect that.

Good for him, light the lamp Seamus! We'll always be proud you are a Badger.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Watching bouncy ball for the first time in awhile today and wow, Wisconsin is really good at missing shots they *should* be making.

Edit: 10 seconds after typing this Wisconsin misses back-to-back open 3's and a layup. Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            A general overall thought not directed at Seamus alone; I've never understood why players don't finish out the semester of school with only a couple months to go, unless they know they are going to bail and the classes they take reflect that.

Good for him, light the lamp Seamus! We'll always be proud you are a Badger.
                            I think the biggest reason might be that they can quickly burn off a year on their entry level deal if they go right away.

If that’s true, though, then I’m not 100% sure what’s in it for the teams to do it that way.

Comment

I think the biggest reason might be that they can quickly burn off a year on their entry level deal if they go right away.

If that’s true, though, then I’m not 100% sure what’s in it for the teams to do it that way.
                              If the player is an UFA they get the player to choose them. If they have their rights then they do not have to worry about them using the free agency loophole.

Comment

https://***********/UticaComets/stat...35746420015104

Always a place for more Badgers in Utica!
                                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X