This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Who are you lightweight and clean up your filthy mouth. The question was why did they struggle this year. Most astute observers on here agree it was bad coaching. Get lost fanboy
    zzzzzzzzzz This schtick is stale.
    Go BU!

Comment

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by boots68 View Post
      wow just go back to your basement. Pretty **** good coaching job getting this team to this point. Give credit when its due because you just lose all credibility (not that you really have any to begin with).
      That's a hell of a first USCHO post!

Comment

Hmm. Michigan gets the go ahead. I agree all four teams have been tense and somewhat slow to get things flowing. NU better break that or they'll be done. Do we want the grudge match with NU or not?

Edit to add: it's almost like both teams are fighting the ice to bring it down. It's more noticeable than our game. Michigan seems to move it better right now though.
        Last edited by BUPhD; 03-24-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boots68 View Post
          wow just go back to your basement. Pretty **** good coaching job getting this team to this point. Give credit when its due because you just lose all credibility (not that you really have any to begin with).
          Exactly. This is a classic case of an inexperienced group with talent improving all year. Major credit to the excellent coaching staff and the fantastic job they have done all season.

Comment

Nobody cares about infighting. Go win. Hockey East is behind you. Goooooo..... win!

Comment

Well NU is doing their part to try and guarantee a HE entry to St. Paul

edit...crud. that didn't last.
              Last edited by BUPhD; 03-24-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Dissapointing post-season to say the least for NU.

NU sweeps BU
                NU takes home the Beanpot

But.... BU makes it further than NU in both Hockey East and NCAAs.

What a crazy and cruel game this is.

Comment

I had a conflict today so I couldn't go but looking to take a group of 3 to the game tomorrow? What's the best way to get tickets? Was the ticket window crowded today?

Comment

Home, finally. Left after the first period of the Northeastern-Michigan game. Random nonsensical thoughts...

- Man, the DCU Center is awful. Literally no phone coverage. The side scoreboards lost power or something at some point in the first period. Which is good because it had the schools listed as U Corn and RN BU. Cornell scores, they put up the 1 for BU. Which I suppose doesn’t matter since BU scored 35 seconds later. But there was no shot clock. That was a pain.
                    - Thanks Northeastern for not giving BU the chance to continue the Revenge Tout 2018. I really thought if BU played Northeastern, they’d have a better chance. Not based on anything concrete. Just a feeling. Now I’m worried about tomorrow.
                    - Was kinda curious where they would’ve sat the bands tomorrow if Northeastern won. Their band was situated right next to where the BU band was. Would they have moved one of them to the other side?
                    - Starret was a real PITA.
                    - All three goals were scored by freshmen. I like that. Farrance’s goal was so much like his goal in the HE tournament.

Notre Dame ties it against PC, to OT they go.....

I’m thrilled and amazed that this team might go to the Frozen Four given where they were in early January. Heck, when they coughed up that game to UConn last month, who woulda thunk we’d be this close to going to St. Paul??

ETA....I thought the Notre Dame/PC game was going into OT!! I guess I got home faster than I thought.
                    Last edited by Scarlet; 03-24-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RefereeGrav View Post
                      I had a conflict today so I couldn't go but looking to take a group of 3 to the game tomorrow? What's the best way to get tickets? Was the ticket window crowded today?
                      Probably the best way was to buy one from a Northeastern fan after their game. Seriously, been going to Worcester Regionals for many years and I've never had trouble buying tickets at the box office. Just get there a bit early to avoid the lines.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Unless you're using your prodigious prognosticative powers, they've still got a period to go.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                        Unless you're using your prodigious prognosticative powers, they've still got a period to go.
                        Yeah, it was only the second halftime break.

Comment

Thanks Northeastern for not giving BU the chance to continue the Revenge Tour 2018. I really thought if BU played Northeastern, they’d have a better chance.
                          I was thinking that as I was watching, but the more the game went on the more I started thinking that we have the best matchup. That "tough to beat a team four times" stuff notwithstanding, I just think they have our number. It's not a good matchup for us with the style we are playing right now, which is basically stingy defense and opportunistic scoring.

I was there for the entire game. Northeastern got tired by the middle of the second period because Michigan was much bigger and stronger and leaned on them. That being said, if NU had bigger defensemen they could have won. Two of the goals (all three really) were the direct result of the bigger Michigan forwards getting their shoulder inside the defensemen and cutting around them. They must have done it twelve times. I was waiting for NU to back off their D-men so they couldn't be skated around so easily but they never adjusted. And I just thought two of the Michigan goals were kind of the "soft" variety.

On the other hand, Michigan didn't seem like they had a lot of explosive scoring (now obviously I've only seen them once). They are big and wear you down, but I believe that BU has more skill. If they don't turn the puck over and play a disciplined game, I think BU wins a close, low-scoring game. What would have concerned me about NU is if they pop a couple of quick ones it would have been very difficult to get back in the game.

A couple of Michigan fans on the way out were "complaining" about their coach, saying he did a "terrible" job with the line changes. I only bring that up because they will have the last change tomorrow, too, so we'll see how that works out. But NU would have also.

Bottom line: both Michigan and BU play the same style and I think we have a slight edge in skill. Plus BU is red hot (excuse the pun) right now at the right time of the year. I think it will be a good game...we always have battles with them.

Speaking of the DCU Center, I thought the ice was awful. Pucks hopping over sticks all day, players losing their edges and the puck sticking and players whiffing. Really slowed down the games.

But trust me - you should have seen the place in the 70s before the renovation. It was much worse and the concourses were miniscule.
                          Last edited by chickod; 03-24-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Michigan actually had pretty good fan support. Maybe not one huge section but overall pretty good.

Comment

Michigan doesn't have the top talent NU has. They have Quinn Hughes but no real game changing forward. I would honestly peg BU as a slight favorite. But really, most likely another game like the two today.

Comment

Anybody else think Hickey got shook up in that tumble he had in the corner, right at the end? He sat there on the ice for a sec and I thought "uh-oh".
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X