Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Don't do tomorrow what you did tonight. Ugh.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      If the team does everything that Bob is telling them to do I predict 10-0 Gophers.
      Well 10 goals were scored at Mariucci...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        Well 10 goals were scored at Mariucci...
        But the home team listened to their coach only 20% of the time.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Worst performance I've seen all season from the Gophers. That was hard to watch. Shocked at the number of turnovers, puck battles lost and lack of structure. At least LaFontaine showed up and made some brilliant saves or it could have been 15-2.

Comment

DogSh-tting.jpeg
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
              Worst performance I've seen all season from the Gophers. That was hard to watch. Shocked at the number of turnovers, puck battles lost and lack of structure. At least LaFontaine showed up and made some brilliant saves or it could have been 15-2.
              Totally agree, it was one of the worst performances by a Gophers team in recent memory. We can only hope they are so embarrassed by their play that they will all do some serious soul searching and at least try to compete with a team that's shown to be in a different class, just looking at recent results.

Comment

Totally agree, it was one of the worst performances by a Gophers team in recent memory. We can only hope they are so embarrassed by their play that they will all do some serious soul searching and at least try to compete with a team that's shown to be in a different class, just looking at recent results.
                Some strong talk from Motzko and some serious soul searching at this juncture is critical. This six game home stand with PSU tonight, BADgers next week and then a short week to Thanksgiving and UND is no cake walk.

IMO the Gophers need to start to execute in all phases and find the back of the net more often or they could dig a huge hole over the next three weeks that will define their season early.

The BADgers may be be finding their ID shutting out ND for their first loss of the season last night. The Whioux are executing on both sides of the puck and getting excellent goaltending.

IMO Motzko needs to decide on linemates for the first line and let them find some chemistry. Continually shuttling someone in for two games with McLaughlin and Sammy is not working. Sammy has one goal (ENG) in the last 6 games and McLaughlin hasn't scored since the CC series (9 game scoring drought).

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  Don't do tomorrow what you did tonight. Ugh.
                  I think they heard you.

Comment

****. Gophers are to PSU what SCSU/Mankato are to the NCAAs
                    I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                      I think they heard you.
                      I take this weekend as a positive. My attitude is learn, adapt, dominate. Well, I think they have the first two parts down. That third part....ok, gonna have to wait on that. But patience is a virtue. I can wait.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                        ****. Gophers are to PSU what SCSU/Mankato are to the NCAAs
                        At least they can get into the NCAAs. This could be one of the worst seasons for the Gophers in at least 10 years.

Positive takeaway: Gophers had better intensity out of the gate tonight and played with the lead into the 2nd.

Negative: Moe looked shaky in net in the second and third allowing the potent Penn St. offense to come roaring back with 5 unanswered goals for the 6-3 W...a classic team meltdown.

That puts the Gophers at 1-5-2 in their last eight avg. 2 goals/game (opponents - 3.7 goals/game).

The new team goal this season should be try to get to .500.

Comment

Penn State is really good. Player for player, they are more talented, and definitely more experienced. I think you can honestly say that our young Gophers gave it their all, and competed extremely well for a good portion of the game. Despite the rather lopsided final score, I liked what I saw, like 100 times better than Friday night.

Comment

Penn State is really good. Player for player, they are more talented, and definitely more experienced. I think you can honestly say that our young Gophers gave it their all, and competed extremely well for a good portion of the game. Despite the rather lopsided final score, I liked what I saw, like 100 times better than Friday night.
                            Definitely better than Friday. Motzko said the Gophers committed 52 turnovers on Friday night.

Comment

Hey, I hear there's a border skirmish this weekend at Mariucci. There's been a lot of excuses [cough, cough] ahhh...emphasis on the Gophers being very "young" this season. I found it interesting to note that according to CHN, the BADgers have the same mean age as the Gopher youngins. In fact among teams in the PWR top ten only MSUM (2) and ASU (10) are more than 1 year older than the Gophers.

So if age is not a causal factor that determines success, what is? Raw talent? The last time the Gophers had a FR and SO Mr. Hockey combo (Walker and Brodzinski) was 2011-12 (Kyle Rau and Nick Bjugstad) and Rau essentially came to the Gophers straight out of HS. Brodzinski was also named the Associated Press Player of the Year and Sammy Walker was Big Ten Rookie of the year last season.

The Gophers have plenty of talent, but perhaps the 2011-12 team which also had Erik Haula was a step ahead. But what has happened to Bryce Brodzinski who after 12 games is the only FR F who has yet to find the back of the net?

Maybe the answer is coaching. Has Motzko been tough and strategic enough to fully tap into this current Gopher talent pool? Remains to be seen.

But in terms of age, the young BADgers are 5-6-0 against six different ranked teams. By contrast, the equally young Gophers are 0-5-1 against three ranked teams.

If they stumble against the 16th ranked BADgers this weekend at home, age is no excuse. Hopefully they'll have a lot more fan support this Friday than LAST WEEK....ouch.

Comment

The Gophers are young, and seems like WI is not as high-powered offense as has been advertised.

Motzko is also still dealing with tDon's recruits, it's a process (cliche alert!). I don't expect much from MN this year. I do expect more next year, and hopefully even more the year after that (depending on retainment).

As for fan support, hearing some of the ticket prices, is the admin insane? I know that cannot control secondary, but man...

Comment

Working...
                                X