RPI-Hallbauer
    Yale-Lindstrand

Sunday:
    RPI-Ferner
    Yale-Kemp

How's that?
    It's fine but it was not necessary.

Originally posted by Our Fearless Leader
    Positional pick limits are off, so go wild. You obviously still can't pick the same player twice though.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Pick-to-Click 2018-19

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      It's fine but it was not necessary.
      Thanks, but i will keep my selections.
      I will say, that I do not understand the reason for the rule. Once you take out the three best scorers on a team, why would you need to restrict the rest of the players?
      That said, I will continue to play the game. And give a shoutout to Lugnut for running it.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Thanks, but i will keep my selections.
        I will say, that I do not understand the reason for the rule. Once you take out the three best scorers on a team, why would you need to restrict the rest of the players?
        That said, I will continue to play the game. And give a shoutout to Lugnut for running it.

I suspect that it was mainly to limit the number of goalies which FD08 could pick. I don't find the other limitations restricting.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I suspect that it was mainly to limit the number of goalies which FD08 could pick. I don't find the other limitations restricting.
          Bingo. And if I end up winning, he'll probably change something else.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Bingo. And if I end up winning, he'll probably change something else.
            If you don't, I hope it isn't because I picked another player on the other side who got a hat trick.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If you don't, I hope it isn't because I picked another player on the other side who got a hat trick.
              We all have our moments. I had something similar when we played at SLU, so it's only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                We all have our moments. I had something similar when we played at SLU, so it's only fair.
                Maybe we should get credit for the penalties which our choices commit instead of the points which they score. Extra credit would be awarded if we actually score a goal on the power play.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I fully admit the position limits were to prevent people from using the OP strategy of choosing opposing goalies. RPI was (is?) not a very good team so you could almost guarantee a couple points each week by picking goalies. FlagDUDE08 was the only one who really employed the strategy, so the rule change mostly only affected him. I chose to limit the other positions as well to try and inspire more variety in the picks, since everyone taking the third or fourth top scoring forward every week is kind of boring to me. I really don't think the limits are too restrictive, as you only have to pick one non-forward per week to comply.

Nothing is going to change about the rules before next season, but I am open to suggestions. I think I'm done with forbidding the second scoring forward, since as ehf mentioned, forwards are already somewhat disincentivized. Maybe we can have a little summit with suggestions and then I'll post a survey and we can all vote on whether to enact the changes.

I know this game has shrunk significantly since its heyday and we only have six or so participants on a weekly basis, but I have no intention of letting it die. I want the game to be fun for all of us.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Let’s go RED!

Tomorrow:
                    RPI- Todd Burgess
                    New Haven- Justin Pearson

Saturday>
                    RPI- Chase Zieky
                    CT- Kevin O’Neil

Sunday:
                    RPI- Brady Wiffen
                    Harvard rejects- Ted Hart

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      I fully admit the position limits were to prevent people from using the OP strategy of choosing opposing goalies. RPI was (is?) not a very good team so you could almost guarantee a couple points each week by picking goalies. FlagDUDE08 was the only one who really employed the strategy, so the rule change mostly only affected him. I chose to limit the other positions as well to try and inspire more variety in the picks, since everyone taking the third or fourth top scoring forward every week is kind of boring to me. I really don't think the limits are too restrictive, as you only have to pick one non-forward per week to comply.

Nothing is going to change about the rules before next season, but I am open to suggestions. I think I'm done with forbidding the second scoring forward, since as ehf mentioned, forwards are already somewhat disincentivized. Maybe we can have a little summit with suggestions and then I'll post a survey and we can all vote on whether to enact the changes.

I know this game has shrunk significantly since its heyday and we only have six or so participants on a weekly basis, but I have no intention of letting it die. I want the game to be fun for all of us.
                      Thank you for not letting it die.
                      I really enjoy it.
                      As for the rules, you can make them up as you go since you are the one in charge.
                      As for the goalies, you can just restrict it to 3 to 5 a season.
                      I personally would never choose an opposing goalie. But that is just me.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

One suggestion is to change the criteria for what is a quality start. I have not paid attention but I think that you use the save percentage of the entire ECAC (or the entire NCAA?). Maybe it should be the save percentage against us. We don't shoot that well.

Watch me be wrong. Perhaps it is that we don't shoot that much.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One suggestion is to change the criteria for what is a quality start. I have not paid attention but I think that you use the save percentage of the entire ECAC (or the entire NCAA?). Maybe it should be the save percentage against us. We don't shoot that well.

Watch me be wrong. Perhaps it is that we don't shoot that much.
                          I still remember when it was changed to a quality start vs. a win. Did things become IMBA as a result of that?

Here's a thought... let's take some of the years where I picked goalies all the time... what would have happened if there was a -1 for not achieving any points on a particular goalie pick?
                          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-07-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Friday
                            RPI ENGINEERS: PATRICK POLINO
                            For God: Kevin O'Neil

Saturday
                            RPI ENGINEERS: CHASE ZIEKY
                            For Country: Mitchell Smith

Sunday (if necessary)
                            RPI ENGINEERS: OWEN SAVORY
                            Four-Oh: Phil Kemp
                            RPI Pep Band
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                              Let’s go RED!

Tomorrow:
                              RPI- Todd Burgess
                              New Haven- Justin Pearson

Saturday>
                              RPI- Chase Zieky
                              CT- Kevin O’Neil

Sunday:
                              RPI- Brady Wiffen
                              Harvard rejects- Ted Hart
                              With Wiffen’s injury, change my Sunday pick to Patrick Polino (hopefully I can use him). And with O’Neil not playing for Yale last night, if I can change my pick for tonight to Chandler Lindstrand it would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                With Wiffen’s injury, change my Sunday pick to Patrick Polino (hopefully I can use him). And with O’Neil not playing for Yale last night, if I can change my pick for tonight to Chandler Lindstrand it would be appreciated.
                                The Wiffen to Polino switch is allowed, the O'Neil to Lindstrand switch is not.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                                X