Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    "We don't know what we're doing but we're getting good at it."
    - Mother Angelica

But it serves as a motto for our government.
    The government you support.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      The government you support.
      And you don't? I may have disagreed strongly and even vehemently with the previous administration, but never, ever was BHO "not my president" and "not my government."

Quit whining and work to get your candidates elected if you think they can do better than the incumbents.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        And you don't? I may have disagreed strongly and even vehemently with the previous administration, but never, ever was BHO "not my president" and "not my government."

Quit whining and work to get your candidates elected if you think they can do better than the incumbents.
        Sure, if you say so.

I feel your outrage. Now go throw some more kids in cages.

And no, I don't support fascists. But you do.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Awesome. Dimwit Donnie wants to extend a $15 billion line of credit to Iran, if they come back into compliance with the negotiated nuclear deal.

You know, the deal they were in compliance with til he dumped new sanctions on them.

Yep, he's the great negotiator alright.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            I think it's just their way of tuggin' their nutsacks while bragging about how patriotic they are. From the description in their YouTube posting (Same video as Guliani's just with the extra two seconds showing of their company logo):
            I hate the phrase "serve your country." Fvck those people who think only the police and the military serve their country. Every time I pay taxes, I serve my country. Every time I vote, I serve my country. Every time I protest something my country does that I don't agree with I serve my country. Every time I donate to the Salvation Army, my local public library or help clean up a highway, I serve my country. If you think the only way to serve your country is to carry around lethal weapons and look tough so you can impress your vacuous girlfriend, you have a warped mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              I hate the phrase "serve your country." Fvck those people who think only the police and the military serve their country. Every time I pay taxes, I serve my country. Every time I vote, I serve my country. Every time I protest something my country does that I don't agree with I serve my country. Every time I donate to the Salvation Army, my local public library or help clean up a highway, I serve my country. If you think the only way to serve your country is to carry around lethal weapons and look tough so you can impress your vacuous girlfriend, you have a warped mind.
              You don't have a choice in that matter. You either do that, or go to jail. /semantics

To me, serving your country goes above and beyond what the average citizen does.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Sniffles apparently forgot Barron was his son. Which I suppose is understandable since he was preoccupied during Melanie's pregnancy and Barron's infancy.

However, if he banned vaping because it was a threat to Melanie's son, wait until he finds out how dangerous school shootings are.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  You don't have a choice in that matter. You either do that, or go to jail. /semantics

To me, serving your country goes above and beyond what the average citizen does.
                  Beyond? Examples?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Beyond? Examples?
                    Anything you do, to get this country better, without facing jailtime, per WeAre's definition, is serving our country.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Anything you do, to get this country better, without facing jailtime, per WeAre's definition, is serving our country.
                      I don't understand that requirement that it be beyond what the average citizen does.

Comment

I don't understand that requirement that it be beyond what the average citizen does.
                        You can just live here. Do nothing more. Just do your job, go home, maybe date a little, or you can do something extra for your fellow man. That is serving your country, IMO.

Comment

You can just live here. Do nothing more. Just do your job, go home, maybe date a little, or you can do something extra for your fellow man. That is serving your country, IMO.
                          Except that average citizens do things like teach, coach, raise children to read and be curious, are kind to their neighbors and friends and generous to those in need. All the time. All around us.
                          Last edited by burd; 09-11-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Except that average citizens do things like teach, coach, raise children to read and be curious, are kind to their neighbors and friends and generous to those in need. All the time. All around us.
                            Your point is taken, and I counter with that is what the average citizen SHOULD do normally. Is that above normal?

Comment

Your point is taken, and I counter with that is what the average citizen SHOULD do normally. Is that above normal?
                              I think average citizens do do those things, but we're getting into semantics and what we each perceive as average. I think we agree enough to let it rest.

Comment

I think average citizens do do those things, but we're getting into semantics and what we each perceive as average. I think we agree enough to let it rest.
                                I can live with that.

Edit: Wait, holy sh*, did we agree to disagree?! GROUNDBREAKING POLITICS RIGHT HERE, FOLKS! AMAZING. Hasn't been seen in YEARS!

Comment

Working...
                                X