All Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    How is it that a Hobey Hat Trick and Mike Richter winner isn't a First Team All American?

I don't get that.
    The true morons in all of this are the voters for all American goalie. Demko, best goalie in college hockey. Period

Comment

Re: All Americans

Need some consolidation of the entities voting I think so some of this makes sense.

The whole defensemen All-American awards based on points thing is also stupendously dumb.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Re: All Americans

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Need some consolidation of the entities voting I think so some of this makes sense.

The whole defensemen All-American awards based on points thing is also stupendously dumb.
        I agree, and I am so conditioned to it that it shocks me when it doesn't happen. RPI women's defenseman Josefine Hansen plays on the Danish National team which played in the Women's Div 1A World Championship recently. (That's the second tier tourney, the one below which the US, Canada, et al. play in.) She was named the best defenseman in the 6-team tourney despite not registering a single point in the five games that Denmark played.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
        X