Merrimack College 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College 2017-2018

This tie feels like a win, as opposed to the PC tie which was really a loss.

Good to have some forward momentum heading into the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      I'd say the bookstore or its online page would be your only shot. But the school seems to be pushing this crest idea hard. I'm lukewarm on it.
      I was able to pick up the old gold "MC" jersey yesterday at the bookstore. Like MC Alumni said I had to ask and the got one out back. I'm not a MC Alum so my opinion doesn't carry much weight, but I'm ice cold on the crest idea as well.
      I was talking with who I thought was a manager at the bookstore about it. He told me that most alum don't like the crest and they also don't like the MC logo either. Seems like they are trying to figure out a happy medium. Based on this the crest is probably not here to stay. I do love the away blue jersey, and it looks like they tried for a season to use that design for a home jersey as well (the gold with all the stripes and script lettering). Those IMO were the worst looking jerseys I have seen them wear.

I usually go to the frozen four every year and will be sporting the MC jersey at least one night there. I will always cheer for MC except when they play my Alma Mater (Maine).

I'm with most of you on how frustrating it is getting. We have the players who can do great things, however Mark's system does not produce goals. The system needs to change and not be so predictable. Guys like Babcock and Seney should be lighting the lamp every game, however the system doesn't seem to put them in the right spot for it. Hey at least we are no longer just shooting the puck from the blue line and hoping for a rebound like in years past.

Enjoy the Christmas break!

Comment

I feel like the crest should be a secondary element maybe on the arms of the Jersey, like it was on the old white and blue ones. I wouldn't mind seeing white come back into our color scheme, maybe for a third jersey. I don't have any problems with the MC logo, I think it works well on hats etc, but I know some folks don't love it.

The "bumblebee" sweaters were definitely unique but I know they also rubbed people the wrong way.

Maybe the athletic department should take a deeper look at some of the cool old photos they hung up on the walls of the VIP level - There's some classic old sweaters with basic block lettering from some of the successful teams in times past. They don't have to go far to design a retro sweater. But it would be nice to have some more consistency between the home and (currently excellent) away sweaters.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
          Getting a point against a very good NU team (#8 in the country), not a awful way to finish the 1st half. 2-0-1 in the last three. Will be tough at Denver, but hey, who knows.
          I wouldn't look past you guys..and look what Dartmouth just did out there. Seems like having locker room duties are paying off for MC! Good luck going forward...
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• you guys played very well last night. i remember a play in ot.. was a cross ice pass in the nu zone.. with traffic & screen on primeau.. 'mack player whiffed on a one timer ...open net.. would've been game over. very fortunate for nu.

of course my wish was that there wouldnt be a need for ot.. gaudette almost put it away himself in regulation.. on gift breakaway that mack allowed with crazy line chg, with about 10 odd ticks left... he just (barely) missed the five hole... so let's call it even.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Whoa!

Comment

Whoa!
                Well kiss my grits! Wish I traveled for this one.

Comment

Wow, didn't see that coming! Congrats on an OUTSTANDING win over the defending champs!!
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Departure of Evan Bell is a bit of a disappointment. A lot of potential there. Oh well.

Comment

Coach Denehy had your boys playing tough tonight, right to the end; fun game to watch. We are heading to the Springs to see your game tomorrow night also.

We were sitting at the opposite end of the arena from where your player got injured, so not sure what happened.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 12-29-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Can't be upset with a split in colorado. Hope Luddy is not out long, I have seen no update on him. Hope we're in line for another strong 2nd half like last year. We will see.
                        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

• Big game tonight for the Warriors @ UConn. MC is 5 points back of the Huskies, but they have 4 league games in hand. Weird schedule. Back at it again tomorrow night at somnolent Schneider against the Friars.
                          Last edited by RENCEB; 01-05-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

another 2 points! things are looking up up up!!
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

That was a huge win. Boy, have these teams been evenly matched over the past few years! 5 straight ties before this, lot's of goals scored late in the third to tie up games. 4-1-1 in their last six for the Warriors. Can they take down the Friars tonight?

On a different note, kudos to whoever is responsible for Merrimack's game highlight videos from Lawler. Turned around very quickly, consistently excellent, and John Leahy's game calls are terrific.

Comment

Maybe the athletic department should take a deeper look at some of the cool old photos they hung up on the walls of the VIP level - There's some classic old sweaters with basic block lettering from some of the successful teams in times past. They don't have to go far to design a retro sweater. But it would be nice to have some more consistency between the home and (currently excellent) away sweaters.
                                They should go "old school classic sweaters" for the 1/26 game against UVM where they are honoring the '78 National Champs!! Those jerseys certainly worked well!!

Comment

Working...
                                X