Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Family has history with high blood pressure, etc. I thought the same when I was younger, and learned...you know, not bad! I can dig this.
    Ah...

Comment

Family has history with high blood pressure, etc. I thought the same when I was younger, and learned...you know, not bad! I can dig this.
      There is almost always sodium in hot sauces, you know...

Almost forgot another one - I cannot go more than a few weeks without this stuff on pita bread, grilled chicken, or kebabs.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        There is almost always sodium in hot sauces, you know...

Almost forgot another one - I cannot go more than a few weeks without this stuff on pita bread, grilled chicken, or kebabs.
        There is sodium in everything. My point is, why add more? Some of the younger LTD Brewery employees were astounded at the amount of sodium in jerky/beef sticks, etc. A couple of them swore them off that day.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Salt is really only a problem if you are deemed "salt sensitive".

Of course there's a ****load of salt in jerky - it's the original meat preservative.

Comment

Salt is really only a problem if you are deemed "salt sensitive".

Of course there's a ****load of salt in jerky - it's the original meat preservative.
            That's what the young'ns hadn't learned yet. The looks on their faces when they read the ingredients...I was laughing so hard.....
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Speaking of all the condiments, Raising Cane's dipping sauce is amazing.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Speaking of all the condiments, Raising Cane's dipping sauce is amazing.
                You better thank whatever god you worship you didn't put this on Gopher Puck Live. Wars would be had.

Comment

That's what the young'ns hadn't learned yet. The looks on their faces when they read the ingredients...I was laughing so hard.....
                  Also, hops are a natural preservative, hence why IPAs are so hoppy - they needed to be preserved on the export journey from England to India.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Also, hops are a natural preservative, hence why IPAs are so hoppy - they needed to be preserved on the export journey from England to India.
                    Also why stouts can keep. They just balance it with malt.

Comment

They just balance it with malt.
                      Which is why stouts, unlike IPAs, are delicious!

Comment

Mayo & A1 on burgers

Originally posted by duper View Post
                        Which is why stouts and IPAs, are delicious!
                        fyp
                        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                        Groucho Marx
                        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                        Ron White
                        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                        Milo Bloom

Comment

All condiment discussions can continue here.

Mustard - How awesome is it? Or would you rather breathe mustard gas than eat it again?

Mayo - Does it rock your world, or is its only purpose for pranking your college roommates? Perhaps you just think it's overrated/overused? Does it matter if it's one of the fancy Euro/Japanese mayos, or do they all taste like library paste to you?

Ketchup - Is it the "kiddie" condiment, useful only for making bland/soggy French fries edible? Or do you put it on everything like a godd@mned Canuck? Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

Relish - Sweet or dill? Neither? Do people outside of Chiraq still even buy this sh*t?

Hot sauce - How awful is Tabasco? Why is Cholula so much better? Or perhaps you liked "Rooster Sauce" before it was cool, and want to brag about that.

Ranch dressing - Are you from the South? Feel feel to tell us why this is the 6th food group.

Other - Horseradish (prepared or the kind mixed with mayo for roast beef sandwiches)? Russian dressing or Thousand Island (why is relish the only difference between these two)? Something else I'm forgetting?

Slather away!
                          Mustard: It's ok.
                          Mayo: Love it.
                          Ketchup: Used to love it as a kid...now can't stand it. Started hating it in high school.
                          Relish: Pass.
                          Hot Sauce: Hard no.
                          Ranch: Good stuff
                          BBQ Sauce Love it. Goes on almost anything. Dip fries in BBQ and/or Ranch.
                          Miracle Whip: I put this or mayo on almost any type of sandwich/burger.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            Mustard -- something I hated as a kid, but have come to appreciate as an adult. I like to use it to adhere dry rub to pork before tossing it in the smoker. I like a rough ground bourbon maple mustard for salmon.
                            Mayo - Hellmans only. I like homemade stuff, but don't always have the patience to make it. I put it on sandwiches and use it in egg salad. Otherwise, I could pass (though I like it on grilled cheese before grilling).
                            Ketchup - french fries and occasionally on a hotdog. I used to eat away more of it as a kid.
                            Relish - Not for me.
                            Hot sauce - I use Cholula to make buffalo chicken dip and otherwise don't ever use it.
                            Ranch - I make my own (mayo+ sour cream/greek yogurt + dill + parsley + hot sauce + garlic + salt + paprika + buttermilk) for salads occasionally.
                            Horseradish - I can eat straight out of the jar. I also occasionally like it mixed with a little sour cream to spread on proteins or on a sandwich
                            Vinegar on fries = YUM
                            Worcestershire sauce - I like it in things, but the days of putting it on steak are over since I know how to cook a steak now

When we judge BBQ, we have to try the protein without sauce and then again with the sauce to judge exactly what you said. It's fascinating how a bad sauce can ruin a well done meat. If you include a sauce with your meat, then you're judged on both and you're not supposed to separate out the meat.

Also -- *** with salt? It's a flavor enhancer!!
                            Horseradish - I can eat straight out of the jar. I also occasionally like it mixed with a little sour cream to spread on proteins or on a sandwich
                            A woman after my own heart. My late wife's mother(Polish btw)used to make her own. We she started grating that root and you were in the kitchen you'd leave with tears in your eyes.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              A woman after my own heart. My late wife's mother(Polish btw)used to make her own. We she started grating that root and you were in the kitchen you'd leave with tears in your eyes.
                              When mookie was a youngster his polock grandma and pop would have him sit next to the grander and watch mookie cry as he cranked it
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Mookie just left five guys.

Cheeseburger with mayo, pickles, onions, mushrooms.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X