Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

The old Eagle River rink in WI came in 2nd and it has a great history as well. WI hockey hall of fame is there. In the warmer weather months if there is a fog in the rink the coaches have the players do fast laps CCW so the fog lifts in the wooden dome.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      The old Eagle River rink in WI came in 2nd and it has a great history as well. WI hockey hall of fame is there. In the warmer weather months if there is a fog in the rink the coaches have the players do fast laps CCW so the fog lifts in the wooden dome.
      Just curious, does the CCW direction matter? (engineering mind wondering if there is something with the building that requires CCW to lift the fog?)

Comment

Apparently we have a new recruit. I'll let Shirtless talk about him.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

BGSU HC Bergeron has accepted the Miami HC position. Good move for him, tough for BGSU.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/bgsu/2019/04/05/chris-bergeron-to-leave-bgsu-bowling-green-hockey-for-miami/stories/20190405112

Comment

Right hand rule

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
              BGSU HC Bergeron has accepted the Miami HC position. Good move for him, tough for BGSU.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/b...es/20190405112
              So what BGSU alums are coaching and will put their hat in the ring?

Comment

It says in the news release Blasi was making $360K; whaaaah!
                Curious if that was his salary or total package of some sort.
                I'd like to see a graph of NCAA D1 hockey coaches salaries over the last 10 years. Seems like they are rising fast!
                I wonder if the rise is sustainable? I see a lot of programs not being able to keep good coaches at this rate.

Edit:
                Found this forum from 2010; there were some pretty high salaries back then also. According to a Miami poster Blasi was making $140K in 2008 so his salary jumped a lot but it appears there were several near the $200K range.

https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...ching-Salaries
                Last edited by rustedblades; 04-05-2019, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I wonder if tMel knew that?
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    I wonder if tMel knew that?
                    Found this on Pearson from 09/18 at https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...ch-making-year

Mel Pearson (ice hockey)

Pearson is set to make $400,000 annually through the 2021-22 season.

That salary is split into a $350,000 base and $50,000 bonus each year.

For making the Frozen Four last year, Pearson received a bonus of two months base salary (approximately $58,000).

To buy Pearson out from his contract at Michigan Tech, Michigan paid $250,000.

If fired without cause, Pearson will be paid, “any earned but unpaid wages and vacation and an amount equivalent to the Base Salary in monthly installments for the remaining terms of this Agreement.” Pearson is required to seek another job as soon as possible in such a situation.

Comment

Saw a tweet saying Bergeron's salary at Miami is $305K plus bonuses. Nice bump for him.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                        Found this on Pearson from 09/18 at https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...ch-making-year

Mel Pearson (ice hockey)

Pearson is set to make $400,000 annually through the 2021-22 season.

That salary is split into a $350,000 base and $50,000 bonus each year.

For making the Frozen Four last year, Pearson received a bonus of two months base salary (approximately $58,000).

To buy Pearson out from his contract at Michigan Tech, Michigan paid $250,000.

If fired without cause, Pearson will be paid, “any earned but unpaid wages and vacation and an amount equivalent to the Base Salary in monthly installments for the remaining terms of this Agreement.” Pearson is required to seek another job as soon as possible in such a situation.
                        I was thinking of his $250,00 base at MTU. No offense intended, but Blasi is no Mel Pearson.
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

The recruit, Carson Bantle, is rated a 4.25 star by NeutralZone. He previously played for SSM's Bantam team, and spent this past season with the Madison Capitals as a 16/17 year-old.

4.25⭐️Carson Bantle to MI Tech. Tall, high ceiling prospect who has improved his skating this past year. Athletic, long stride & able to make the quick, subtle moves in small areas. Has a heavy stick in the crease and is tough to move from the net front.
                          👤https://t.co/fT3eodnFz8 https://t.co/QdnGIb9KIh

Comment

I would bet my last dime that Bg matched or was extremely close to matching that salary. In fact i'm surprised it's that low. Given what Blasi was making and doing a crappy job at I would have though Bergeron would start at that same number. I think it came down to intangibles. But you have to wonder with these type of alumni hires, what happens when ten years from now Miami is tired of Chris and he is tired of them.?
                            Now regarding the Michigan salary, I think Wisconsin is paying significantly more.Also what if Bergeron doesn't win any more than Blasi did, then what? I really dislike Miami anyway, so I hope they lose every game.
                            Last edited by manurespreader; 04-05-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The recruit, Carson Bantle, is rated a 4.25 star by NeutralZone. He previously played for SSM's Bantam team, and spent this past season with the Madison Capitals as a 16/17 year-old.
                              U17s who play the full USHL season putting up roughly a quarter of a point per game, as Bantle did, have a wide range of college outcomes. For every Joe Snively, who put up a point per game over four seasons at Yale, there's a Christian Cakebread, who struggled to crack Niagara's lineup and was ultimately cut. Hope Bantle keeps working hard.
                              Last edited by redwing61; 04-05-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                U17s who play the full USHL season putting up roughly a quarter of a point per game, as Bantle did, have a wide range of college outcomes. For every Joe Snively, who put up a point per game over four seasons at Yale, there's a Christian Cakebread, who struggled to crack Niagara's lineup and was ultimately cut. Hope Bantle keeps working hard.
                                Seems like the staff believe he has a big upside though.

Comment

Working...
                                X