Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I thought it was funny that Muzzy said she was happy to get the 2 minute penalty to start the game, talk about covering someone's arse. She also said she'd rather be Darth Vader than Luke Skywalker, that is quite the personality flaw there.
    Thought she gave a near perfect answer in the circumstances. She defended her team. The Darth Vader bit just made me laugh, as did your comment. Sometimes hockey is funny.

On to St. Lawrence.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2018-19

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I thought it was funny that Muzzy said she was happy to get the 2 minute penalty to start the game, talk about covering someone's arse. She also said she'd rather be Darth Vader than Luke Skywalker, that is quite the personality flaw there.
      Hmmm...isn't this like saying 'I'd rather be Jesse James than the Coward Robert Ford', or 'I'd rather be Wile E Coyote than the Roadrunner'? My recollection is that Luke got the better of Darth Vader.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
        Thought she gave a near perfect answer in the circumstances. She defended her team. The Darth Vader bit just made me laugh, as did your comment. Sometimes hockey is funny.

On to St. Lawrence.
        Maybe she defended her decision and not the team. She is fortunate that it did not end up biting her in the you know what as the difference in that game ended up being one goal. If they change the numbers to light grey or white, they will be fine. Can’t say I am a fan of any of the OSU jerseys this year. It’s Hockey Canada or team Darth Vader.

Comment

I mean, if you're gonna go full on villian...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW-4OlJEG2Q
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            I mean, if you're gonna go full on villian...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW-4OlJEG2Q
            Oh my....you might have to be careful of the Politically Correct Police, and possibly the Good Taste Police.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              Maybe she defended her decision and not the team. She is fortunate that it did not end up biting her in the you know what as the difference in that game ended up being one goal. If they change the numbers to light grey or white, they will be fine. Can’t say I am a fan of any of the OSU jerseys this year. It’s Hockey Canada or team Darth Vader.
              Sure, defended her decision. Close enough for me. Agree they are fortunate to get out of there with a split, even more so considering the jersey mess. I still liked her answer, what can I say, I’m a fan. Regardless I don’t think we’ll see those jerseys again in their current state.

I’m guessing the jerseys meet football specs and no one thought to check hockey rules.. If they fix up the numbers they could be pretty cool.

As for the Team Canada like Ohio State jerseys, I love those! But the resemblance is undeniable (also unavoidable given their palettes). I didn’t care for the Greys, so we all have our preferences. I’ve thought for a while a website that shows all the colleges jerseys would be cool. The streams we all watch don’t do them justice.
              Last edited by Lindsay; 10-24-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                I’m guessing the jerseys meet football specs and no one thought to check hockey rules.. If they fix up the numbers they could be pretty cool.
                That's what happens when you throw hockey in at a football school although after last weekend's football I'm rather tongue in cheek here.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  Oh my....you might have to be careful of the Politically Correct Police, and possibly the Good Taste Police.
                  Meh...I'm caring about triggering the virtue signalers about as seriously as the Muzzinater is taking the rule violation...

I suppose I could always provide them with a safe-space thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    That's what happens when you throw hockey in at a football school although after last weekend's football I'm rather tongue in cheek here.
                    Could be a genius move. Auction off those now infamous sweaters and they could be looking at some pretty big fundraising dollars. I would probably buy one

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
                      Could be a genius move. Auction off those now infamous sweaters and they could be looking at some pretty big fundraising dollars. I would probably buy one
                      I wouldn't mind one either but I used up my last good excuse with the wife to spend money when I got one of the men's Frozen Four jerseys several weeks back.

Comment

Luke Skywalker 3. Darth Vader 2. Good triumphs over evil.

Comment

As FiveHoleFrenzy alluded to, St. Lawrence took game one earlier tonight by a final score of 3-2. St. Lawrence jumped out to a 2-0 lead on two power play goals in the first period. For the game, St. Lawrence had six power plays to Ohio State's two. The St. Lawrence goals were scored by Skylar Podvey and Steph Keryluk. The Buckeyes came back to tie the game on a second period goal from Jincy Dunne and a third period goal from Tatum Skaggs. The Saints' Natalie Wozney scored the game winner later in the third period and that is how it ended. Despite the power play discrepancy, Ohio State outshot St. Lawrence 31-22. St. Lawrence goaltender Grace Harrison stopped 29 of the 31 shots she faced. Ohio State's Andrea Braendli saved 19 of the 22 shots she faced. The two teams wrap up their series tomorrow at 3:00.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                            As FiveHoleFrenzy alluded to, St. Lawrence took game one earlier tonight by a final score of 3-2. St. Lawrence jumped out to a 2-0 lead on two power play goals in the first period. For the game, St. Lawrence had six power plays to Ohio State's two. The St. Lawrence goals were scored by Skylar Podvey and Steph Keryluk. The Buckeyes came back to tie the game on a second period goal from Jincy Dunne and a third period goal from Tatum Skaggs. The Saints' Natalie Wozney scored the game winner later in the third period and that is how it ended. Despite the power play discrepancy, Ohio State outshot St. Lawrence 31-22. St. Lawrence goaltender Grace Harrison stopped 29 of the 31 shots she faced. Ohio State's Andrea Braendli saved 19 of the 22 shots she faced. The two teams wrap up their series tomorrow at 3:00.
                            Noticed Podvey was all over the game sheet. Bet she luv'd the moment after what Muzerall did to her.

Comment

• Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                              Noticed Podvey was all over the game sheet. Bet she luv'd the moment after what Muzerall did to her.
                              Sorry, I must have missed something. What did Muzzy do to her?

Comment

St Lawrence was lulled into a false sense of security and did not know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onhFH7jpq2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAk1pomfEFg

Comment

Working...
                                X