Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Do you remember the 2 seasons when the NHL had straight 1-16 seeding and reseeded after every round?

Sean
    Mookie recalls one yr b's were 1 and pens 16
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      Do you remember the 2 seasons when the NHL had straight 1-16 seeding and reseeded after every round?

Sean
      Not particularly, and I get what your point probably is. Seedings mean less in hockey than in any other sport due to the more "random" nature of the game, so you will likely say that seedings have not "held" just as many times as they have.

Fair enough

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019 Offseason - How Much Progress Did We Really Make This Past Seas

JvR reports on Twitter that his brother BvR graduated from UNH today. Just some UNH news to report since the Bruins aren’t playing...
        Wishing you well Brendan; thanks for 3 great years.
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-18-2019, 05:54 PM.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          JvR reports on Twitter that his brother BvR graduated from UNH today. Just some UNH news to report since the Bruins aren’t playing...
          Did his older brothers complete credits to graduate? If not, BvR has that degree over them even he does not reach the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Mookie recalls one yr b's were 1 and pens 16
            No Bruins #1 - Penguins #16 ever happened, but a Bruins #4 - Penguins #13.

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Not particularly, and I get what your point probably is. Seedings mean less in hockey than in any other sport due to the more "random" nature of the game, so you will likely say that seedings have not "held" just as many times as they have.

Fair enough
            You give me too much credit as I was just pointing out that the NHL did use a straight 1-16 seeding and then reseed after each round once but decided not to keep it. I'm sure the number of east-west series in the first three rounds played a part in the decision. The went to divisional seeding next, before going to conference seeding and then to the current divisional/wildcard seeding.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Did his older brothers complete credits to graduate? If not, BvR has that degree over them even he does not reach the NHL.
              If I could copy the tweet JvR jokes that between the 3 of them it took 8 years but he (BvR) gets the degree? Or something like that...
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                If I could copy the tweet JvR jokes that between the 3 of them it took 8 years but he (BvR) gets the degree? Or something like that...
                Now, that is funny. Good sense of humor from JvR. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Not according to the Hockey feed
                  The Souza record:
                  15-16 10th place
                  16-17 10th place
                  17-18 11th place
                  18-19 8th place
                  19-20 9th place
                  20-21 10th place
                  21-22 9th place
                  22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                    Not according to the Hockey feed
                    Love this picture! Well I don't know the specifics...just what I read. Maybe he walked yesterday, no clue. I guess he (BvR) has a couple of courses to finish up this summer...I can see why he might not have been featured with this picture seeing how he wasn't really a 'Senior'? Anyway...he's moving on (as we all know). Kind of like Rich Boyd last year...was a “Senior” but you never saw him in Senior pics (at the end anyway)?
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-19-2019, 03:31 PM.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Good point. I'm sure JvR (set to earn in the mid-to-high 8 figures over his career) and TvR (likely to sneak into the low 8 figures by the time he's finished) are gonna be hurting without their degrees.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Good point. I'm sure JvR (set to earn in the mid-to-high 8 figures over his career) and TvR (likely to sneak into the low 8 figures by the time he's finished) are gonna be hurting without their degrees.
                        Maybe can earn 9 figures with NU MBA? :-)

Comment

Maybe can earn 9 figures with NU MBA? :-)
                          Wondering who the biggest bandwagon jumper has been - BvR (Northeastern) or Agosta (Quinnipiac)?

Interesting how they don't end up at Dartmouth, Brown or Princeton if it's really just for the academics ...

Comment

The Ivy League has a blanket rule banning kids from playing a fifth year, even if the NCAA says they're still eligible to play they can't play for an Ivy. Wouldn't have stopped BvR since he legitimately graduated in 3 years but it would stop 99% of grad transfers, almost all of them have attended their prior school for 4 years regardless of how much eligibility got used in that time. Agosta for example could not have gone to an Ivy.

This is also why BU keeps getting transfers from Ivy schools (Willman, Tucker, etc.) Those kids HAVE to transfer away from their old school to play their fifth year. Bliss at UMass and Lackey at PC also went Ivy to Hockey East for that reason.
                            Last edited by TheRevengeance; 05-20-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                              The Ivy League has a blanket rule banning kids from playing a fifth year, even if the NCAA says they're still eligible to play they can't play for an Ivy. Wouldn't have stopped BvR since he legitimately graduated in 3 years but it would stop 99% of grad transfers, almost all of them have attended their prior school for 4 years regardless of how much eligibility got used in that time. Agosta for example could not have gone to an Ivy.

This is also why BU keeps getting transfers from Ivy schools (Willman, Tucker, etc.) Those kids HAVE to transfer away from their old school to play their fifth year. Bliss at UMass and Lackey at PC also went Ivy to Hockey East for that reason.
                              So I guess Agosta gets a slightly higher "adversity score" since he had less options as a 5th year senior.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47300...-emily-zanotti

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                So I guess Agosta gets a slightly higher "adversity score" since he had less options as a 5th year senior.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/47300...-emily-zanotti
                                Hey, at least the kid sleeping at his seat is attending class, the only one!

Agosta only played eight games with the ECHL Monarchs this season; did he get hurt?

His last year at UNH was slightly more productive than his year at Quinnipiac. Played for five different teams during 2016/17 season, albeit only one game each for three of the teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X