No announcement yet.

USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Are you our Top Chef?

Ditto on the cookie press. I have an old aluminum one from when I was a kid but it turns the dough a bit black on the edges. I got aggravated enough I rarely make Spritz any more.

Pepparkakor
    Sugar
    Lace
    Chocolate treasures
    Jumbles
    Maple Pecan
    Almond
    Lemon
    Peppermint with choc drizzle

I always feel good until I see jen's list. Then I feel like an under-achiever. Haven't started yet. Pepparkakor dough tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Ditto on the cookie press. I have an old aluminum one from when I was a kid but it turns the dough a bit black on the edges. I got aggravated enough I rarely make Spritz any more.

Pepparkakor
      Sugar
      Lace
      Chocolate treasures
      Jumbles
      Maple Pecan
      Almond
      Lemon
      Peppermint with choc drizzle

I always feel good until I see jen's list. Then I feel like an under-achiever. Haven't started yet. Pepparkakor dough tomorrow.
      I'm in awe of jen, but try not to get caught in comparison.

My list:

Crunchy peanut butter chocolate chip
      Oatmeal cranberry
      Oatmeal chocolate chip
      Mint dark chocolate (same recipe as a chocolate chip cookie)
      Gingersnaps
      Molasses spice
      Spiced biscotti
      Possibly white chocolate macadamia

Actually, may not even spend time with cookies. Simpatico, my favorite coffee shop, has a chocolate banana bread studded with chocolate chips on top. Want to try that first
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

First of all I got tired just reading Jen's list and, I must admit, started to drool. Chocolate-raspberry-rum filling made mt lick my lips just thinking about it.

After reading Jen, leswp and MissT I'll have to expand from lots and lots of bourbon or rum balls
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Scored a cheap mini French press for $10 at King Soopers.

I'm officially one of THOSE guys now.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Scored a cheap mini French press for $10 at King Soopers.

I'm officially one of THOSE guys now.
            French press is soooooo 2005. You gotta get a pour-over rig now.

Comment

Seems to make a decent 6 cups - I taste some oil, but that could be ye old Kroger brand coffee.

I'm following pretty standard steps (pour enough hot water to cover the grounds, wait 30 seconds, pour the rest, wait 3-4 minutes, slowly press.)
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Oh jeez, Kroger? Now we have to get you some real snob coffee.

Since you live in Denver, try this:

https://www.gocoffeego.com/products/...-Novo-142.html

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Oh jeez, Kroger? Now we have to get you some real snob coffee.

Since you live in Denver, try this:

https://www.gocoffeego.com/products/...-Novo-142.html
                  Hey, at least I didn't buy Starbucks.

There's Peet's here, and I've seen Kaladi Brothers before, just can't remember where.

I don't need to go full "organic fair trade hand-picked by Bernie Sanders' stable of trained Millennial unicorns" but something decent quality with flavor would be nice.

I have some Death Wish on the way for the lulz.

Comment

Just don't buy dark roast. Wanna know how that was invented? Back in the days when coffee was delivered by ship, some of the beans would inevitably spoil during the ocean voyage. Rather than throw them out, roasters burned the hell out of them, and sold them as "French roast" or "Italian roast" to the rubes who couldn't afford the good beans.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      The one lonely perk of cooking for my dad and I:

I can do what I want and no one complains. Next time, my stuffing will have apples or dried cranberries.
                      I put apples and cranberries in my homemade bread stuffing this year. It’s probably my favorite way to prepare bread stuffing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        Question: How do you prefer your T-day stuffing/dressing?

I'm a girl who loves all the carbs! My cousin put fruit in his dressing this year. Stuffing should be savory, not sweet. It made me a very sad panda. I didn't like the cherry or cranberry or whatever it was in there. If someone wants to sweeten their stuffing, they can do it on their own plate by taking a spoonful of cranberry relish or fruit/jello salad.

Personally, I love a simple celery, onion, bread, seasonings stuffing. My sister-in-law also makes one with sausage which is really good.
                        My grandmother used to always make a French-Canadian pork stuffing (as well as bread stuffing). I know it has ground pork and potatoes. I’m not quite sure on the seasoning, but I think it had allspice among others. Very savory. Similar to the filling in tourtiere pie (French-Canadian meat pie)

Comment

Latkes and sufganiyot tonight. Belly feels awfully heavy.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Had my girlfriend’s family over and made my go to of tomahawk steaks and roasted vegetables. Relatively easy, great presentation, and super tasty. I’m pretty sure everyone was happy.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Latkes and sufganiyot tonight. Belly feels awfully heavy.
                              I had to google that. I love Latkes but time consuming to make.

Comment

So I chopped up a Ghirardelli 60% chocolate baking bar, added the chunks to the Crunchy Peanut Butter Banana Bread, and I have a winner.

After I portioned the batter into the muffin pan, I started spooning it into my mouth.

Truth is, my mind is "hot, nutritious food? Yeah, sure, whatever you say. You REALLY want to bake all the yummy stuff! Now get on it!"
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X