Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

The hashtag "#IndependanceDay" is trending on Twitter. sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      The hashtag "#IndependanceDay" is trending on Twitter. sigh.
      I dance independently.

Wait, that's not what the hashtag really means, is it?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

In Holland, the speed limit is merely a suggestion. Go ahead and drive 45 in a 55.

And locally, US-31 becomes three lanes at Quincy, but the right lane turns into an exit at Lakewood Blvd. People wait until the last possible second to get over.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          In Holland, the speed limit is merely a suggestion. Go ahead and drive 45 in a 55.

And locally, US-31 becomes three lanes at Quincy, but the right lane turns into an exit at Lakewood Blvd. People wait until the last possible second to get over.
          In Rochester, it's, "Sure, drive 40 in a 25, and 60 in a 45."

And I'm guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            In Rochester, it's, "Sure, drive 40 in a 25, and 60 in a 45."

And I'm guilty.
            It's all over the board on the roads I regularly drive. Hwy 55 in Plymouth (55 MPH) people never approach that limit. Hwy 169, 494, 100 (55-60 mph) if you're doing the limit, you are holding up traffic, even in the slow lane. Hwy 610 up in Brooklyn Park/Blaine/whatever cities that hwy covers (65 mph), if you're doing the limit, get in the slow lane.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Tonight's 4th of July celebrations.

A Capitol Fourth (PBS). I think the Beach Boys lip synched. Plus they played only the last part of the 1812 Overture. The other acts were meh.

Boston (Bloomberg). Rita Moreno was fantastic. The medley from West Side Story was fantastic, especially America. The fireworks were shown, but it seemed blah.

The other acts were double plus good. And Keith Lockhart and the Pops played the entire 1812 Overture.

The fireworks were shown with the music.

In both the hosts need to talk less.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Decided to go somewhere closer for fireworks and went with Woodbury. Couldn’t have been more disappointed. Even Perham does a better job.

Coon Rapids still reigns supreme.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Decided to go somewhere closer for fireworks and went with Woodbury. Couldn’t have been more disappointed. Even Perham does a better job.

Coon Rapids still reigns supreme.
                  All of the July 4 shows around here are nothing compared to the aquatenniel fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    All of the July 4 shows around here are nothing compared to the aquatenniel fireworks
                    Someday I should go to that. I have heard it’s excellent.

Have you ever been to coon rapids’ 7/4 display? 30 minutes of display followed by about 1-2 minutes of the grand finale. I know State of Hockey can back me up on this. I have a video on Facebook of the grand finale a few years back. It was pretty incredible.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Crystal USED to have the 2nd biggest next to Aquatennial, then they decided to quit, which sucked donkey balls. SLP's is ok.

Comment

Could see a few shows out of the window at work...nothing to write home about though.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Gears ground: kids and their need for hearing protection at absolutely everything. Took a 5yo and 7yo to the Apple Valley fireworks show last night. It was 20-25 minutes, and we were perhaps a half-mile from the display. The kids, including those that just happened to be around us, were all covering their ears, using ear plugs or headphones to block the sounds. I don't remember any of that all when I was a kid and I still only have a major case of tinnitus.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Gears ground: kids and their need for hearing protection at absolutely everything. Took a 5yo and 7yo to the Apple Valley fireworks show last night. It was 20-25 minutes, and we were perhaps a half-mile from the display. The kids, including those that just happened to be around us, were all covering their ears, using ear plugs or headphones to block the sounds. I don't remember any of that all when I was a kid and I still only have a major case of tinnitus.
                            Only times I wear ear protection are when using power tools, target shooting (an increasingly rare activity for me), and on redeye flights when I am trying to catch a nap.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Only times I wear ear protection are when using power tools, target shooting (an increasingly rare activity for me), and on redeye flights when I am trying to catch a nap.
                              I have to wear hearing protection at work.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I would wear muffs/plugs while attending various motorsports events and also while shooting... I like being able to hear ****

That said, never did wear anything at any concerts or anywhere else **shrug**
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X