Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Freddie gets Genny.....Cards off to the Land of Oz
    As it should be, hope it’s better than UNC/Duke!

Comment

• Re: SUNYAC Preview

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
      As it should be, hope it’s better than UNC/Duke!
      Both teams' equipment managers are going over every seem of every skate leading up to Saturday!!!
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        Fredonia wins 8:04 into OT on a 3x1. I think it was Kyle Jelinski. He took the pass from the right side to be alone with the goalie and went around him to deposit it in the net.
        That was senior Jelinski's first goal of the season. He has been battling injuries all year.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Notice the Plattsburgh/Brockport box score? First three penalties on Plattsburgh, next four on Brockport, last three on Plattsburgh. (Yes, there was offsetting penalties in the last five seconds). Plattsburgh seemed to be kicked out of every faceoff... in some cases, they were thrown out before the players were even set. Felt like these officials all night were trying to outdo each other all night. I hope none of those clowns are in Oswego Saturday night...
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            Notice the Plattsburgh/Brockport box score? First three penalties on Plattsburgh, next four on Brockport, last three on Plattsburgh. (Yes, there was offsetting penalties in the last five seconds). Plattsburgh seemed to be kicked out of every faceoff... in some cases, they were thrown out before the players were even set. Felt like these officials all night were trying to outdo each other all night. I hope none of those clowns are in Oswego Saturday night...
            Paranoid much?
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Paranoid much?
              Not paranoid. They were wildly inconsistent. The calls had all the makings of trying to even out the stats (3 against us, 4 against them, 3 more against us). As for the faceoffs, I admit that I have no idea what gets you kicked out, but I don't recall Brockport being kicked out once all game, while Plattsburgh's center was kicked out more than 50% of the time. Also, we had issues with Wood in the Oswego game over the weekend too, so I'd prefer not to see him this weekend. If you read the Oswego thread, they were saying the same thing.
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                Not paranoid. They were wildly inconsistent. The calls had all the makings of trying to even out the stats (3 against us, 4 against them, 3 more against us). As for the faceoffs, I admit that I have no idea what gets you kicked out, but I don't recall Brockport being kicked out once all game, while Plattsburgh's center was kicked out more than 50% of the time. Also, we had issues with Wood in the Oswego game over the weekend too, so I'd prefer not to see him this weekend. If you read the Oswego thread, they were saying the same thing.
                I watched the game and I am pretty sure almost all the calls were warranted. DiFelice's 5-minute major was silly at that juncture of the game. Kuhn's slash was obvious as was Engvall's elbow. They have to be better with staying out of the box.

Comment

Both teams' equipment managers are going over every seem of every skate leading up to Saturday!!!
                  Funny how everytime theres an injury like this talk bubbles up about paying student athletes. I wonder this AM if Williamson will shut it down until the draft like Bosa did at Ohio State. If Williamson sit, Duke becomes a very much different team as we saw last night.

Comment

Funny how everytime theres an injury like this talk bubbles up about paying student athletes. I wonder this AM if Williamson will shut it down until the draft like Bosa did at Ohio State. If Williamson sit, Duke becomes a very much different team as we saw last night.
                    I've seen a lot of NBA players griping about this. Funny thing, is if the NBA Players' Association hadn't bargained it in, he would already be getting paid in the NBA...

I don't think Duke is completely helpless without him. They'll adjust to him being out, it was just not ready to do it on the fly against UNC.
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95

Comment

I've seen a lot of NBA players griping about this. Funny thing, is if the NBA Players' Association hadn't bargained it in, he would already be getting paid in the NBA...

I don't think Duke is completely helpless without him. They'll adjust to him being out, it was just not ready to do it on the fly against UNC.
                      I always go back to insurance against as injury which is supplied by the university as a gap measure. Larger stipends? I dont know if that would work either. I think making these guys monetarily eligible is in the near future. I hate the "one and done" in college basketball. In other news Nike stock is down today.

Comment

I always go back to insurance against as injury which is supplied by the university as a gap measure. Larger stipends? I dont know if that would work either. I think making these guys monetarily eligible is in the near future. I hate the "one and done" in college basketball. In other news Nike stock is down today.
                        A lot of these star college athletes take out an insurance policy with Lloyds of London. The way it works is they don't pay until they sign their pro contract. Then, Lloyds gets a piece of the contract and the insurance policy is then ended. If they get hurt and can't sign a contract, Lloyds pays out on the insurance claim. The athletes don't have to pay upfront with money they don't have. Lloyds gets paid at the backend if a claim is not made. It's a win-win. Lloyds has obviously run the actuary numbers and found it to be a lucrative business.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

A lot of these star college athletes take out an insurance policy with Lloyds of London. The way it works is they don't pay until they sign their pro contract. Then, Lloyds gets a piece of the contract and the insurance policy is then ended. If they get hurt and can't sign a contract, Lloyds pays out on the insurance claim. The athletes don't have to pay upfront with money they don't have. Lloyds gets paid at the backend if a claim is not made. It's a win-win. Lloyds has obviously run the actuary numbers and found it to be a lucrative business.
                          I think I read that in this case Duke paid $50,000 for the insurance that kicks in if Williamson is drafted lower than #16. I want to say I read it on SI.com, but I can't remember for sure.

Edit: Re-read: report of Duke providing the insurance came from Darren Rovell. I did read it in an SI.com article.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            I think I read that in this case Duke paid $50,000 for the insurance that kicks in if Williamson is drafted lower than #16. I want to say I read it on SI.com, but I can't remember for sure.

Edit: Re-read: report of Duke providing the insurance came from Darren Rovell. I did read it in an SI.com article.
                            Interesting that the schools are allowed to do this.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Ironically, the NBA announced today that they're once again considering lowering the entry age from 19 to 18. The sticking point is having the complete medical/physical health history released. Currently some of the history can be not divulged prior to drafting. The insurance policy is $8M payable if he's drafted below #16.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                                Ironically, the NBA announced today that they're once again considering lowering the entry age from 19 to 18. The sticking point is having the complete medical/physical health history released. Currently some of the history can be not divulged prior to drafting. The insurance policy is $8M payable if he's drafted below #16.
                                Yes, I remember that number too. I imagine if the school is paying the benefit is limited by the NCAA...
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Working...
                                X