This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

Maybe we should have a thread on stupid things the legislature does.

I give you California. . http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/1448...alizes-dating/
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

How is that any different than the existing definition of consent?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Please don't give me California!
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          Please don't give me California!
          AuH2O was right.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

So if I'm in Texas and I'm terrified because some dude just walked in the restaurant with an AR-15, I'm entitled to stand my ground and blow him away, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              So if I'm in Texas and I'm terrified because some dude just walked in the restaurant with an AR-15, I'm entitled to stand my ground and blow him away, right?
              You need a hole card. The dude look gay?

Comment

Here is the thing with Texas, don't live there
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Apparently so. It's a pretty neat paradigm they've created.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    But not on Friday nights.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Here is the thing with Texas, don't live there
                      Or visit there. Or drive through it on the way to other places.

Instead of building a wall along the Mexican border, let's just build one around Texas.

But not on Friday nights.
                      Any Friday night, or only during high school football season?

Comment

Royal Assent?? http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/1453...bergdahl-deal/

But as Winston Churchill said:
                        “The loyalties which center upon number one are enormous. If he trips, he must be sustained. If he make mistakes, they must be covered. If he sleeps, he must not be wantonly disturbed. If he is no good, he must be pole-axed.”
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Nothing to see there.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Nothing to see there.
                            The faux pas, if that's what he truly meant, would indicate a gracious misreading of the Constitution or a case of supreme hubris.

I'm going to give his Exaltedness a pass here, but if He does it again, then we need to remember that he who exalts himself will be humbled.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Weird. The Tories blast him for not being a strong leader (and openly cheer for Putin) yet when he shows a little leadership they declare that he's a dictator...

As always, the comments are the best part.

Waiting for the military coup that will make him dictator. I expect it will be before the next elections in 2016. He has removed all the leaders in the military who disagree with him in order to make the take over easier. Will Americans stand for it?
                              Reply · Like · 33 · Follow Post · 11 hours ago

Sharon Knott Vogt · Top Commenter · Columbia, Illinois
                              No, the plan I see, is, do things that create a lot of conflict among people. When it gets bad enough, declare marshall law, call up the troops to maintain peace and then call off elections and stay in office until things calm down. In the mean while use troops to get rid of people that disagree with you. Can we say Dictator Obama? Oh and I forgot, mandatory confiscation of guns.
                              Reply · Like · 67 · Edited · 10 hours ago

Gary R. Patton · Top Commenter · Principal & Strategic HR Executive, Total Rewards Consultant at Ihrc3
                              I have personally spoken to people in Kansas and Iowa in the last 3 months who are very worried about people living on US Military bases in their area that were supposedly closed. They are training for something and come into the towns on their time off all wearing "Brown" shirts and they refer to AmeriCorp. Is this the private army that Obama said he wanted?
                              And you all knew this was coming: Where were these people when Bush said it?
                              President Bush said that a strong dollar is the "policy of my government."
                              At this hour, the world is witnessing terrible suffering and horrible crimes in the Darfur region of Sudan, crimes my government has concluded are genocide.
                              Oh, they were defending him
                              During this afternoon’s Situation Room, CNN’s Jack Cafferty mocked the President for referring to the Bush administration as "my government." Yesterday morning, President Bush, while responding to a reporter’s question on the controversy surrounding the management of six U.S. ports being turned over to a United Arab Emirates-owned company, remarked that the transaction had been vetted by "my government" and that the ports would remain secure.

This innocuous phrase seemed to tick Cafferty off during his daily Cafferty File segment shortly before 4:15pm.

Jack Cafferty: "Is it still Bush’s government? Remember in the cabinet meeting he said, don’t worry about security, my government has taken a look at this and everything’s alright?..That’s unbelievable."

Silly as this may sound, Cafferty took great offense that the President of the United States had referred to his administration as, well, his. Cafferty, bafflingly, interpreted "my government" to mean that President Bush had decided to take sole ownership of the U.S. government. When anchor Wolf Blitzer reassured Cafferty that it is indeed "our government," Cafferty fired back angrily:

Cafferty: "Well, not, not according to President Bush it isn’t. It’s my government, he said."
                              insert OP's accusation of tu quoque here

Comment

Weird. The Tories blast him for not being a strong leader (and openly cheer for Putin) yet when he shows a little leadership they declare that he's a dictator...

As always, the comments are the best part.

And you all knew this was coming: Where were these people when Bush said it?

Oh, they were defending him

insert OP's accusation of tu quoque here
                                Wrapped just a teensy bit too tight, aren't we?
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X