Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    How *does* that Kool-Aid taste? Must be pretty good, huh?
    Let me recap what Obama said. That the GOP, whereas Dems do not...:

Lie by creating a different reality
    Spread fear
    Be concerned about the spending deficit when Dems are in power, but aren't when the GOP is in power
    Cheat far more so that they continuously get less votes and public support but more governing power

These are not 'both sides' - and if you think so - pls give examples.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Let me recap what Obama said. That the GOP, whereas Dems do not...:

Lie by creating a different reality
      Spread fear
      Be concerned about the spending deficit when Dems are in power, but aren't when the GOP is in power
      Cheat far more so that they continuously get less votes and public support but more governing power

These are not 'both sides' - and if you think so - pls give examples.
      Show me where I disagreed with any of those things.

Where Scooby/rufus/a couple others are failing to understand, just because I am not in agreement with A, does not mean I am in agreement with B. It's not an either/or thing.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

How *does* that Kool-Aid taste? Must be pretty good, huh?
        I'm not the one drinking Kool-Aid. Look in the mirror.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Where Scooby/rufus/a couple others are failing to understand, just because I am not in agreement with A, does not mean I am in agreement with B. It's not an either/or thing.
          Yeah, but both sides.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Yeah, but both sides.
            Point proven. Do you prefer the red, orange, purple, or green kind of Kool-Aid?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Point proven. Do you prefer the red, orange, purple, or green kind of Kool-Aid?
              I'll drink the Kool-Aid of non-racist, non-Ayn Rand masturbating people every time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I'll drink the Kool-Aid of non-racist, non-Ayn Rand masturbating people every time.
                Pour me a glass of that, since I'm also for none of those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Pour me a glass of that, since I'm also for none of those things.
                  Would you vote against he GOP next week then? To get rid of that crap?

Comment

Trump's new campaign for the GOP: appropriating Dems work and calling it their own.
                    The 60-second spot is focused on the booming economy, with flashbacks to the economic crisis that started 10 years ago, warning that it "could all go away if we don't remember where we came from."
                    "Hey, remember how the GOP fu**ed home owners? Remember how the GOP fu**ed the middle class? Remember when a $600 "tax rebate" shut y'all up for a few months? Remember how the scary ni**** fixed everything and the economy improved? Vote for the GOP so we can do that emotional and financial roller coaster over again!"
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Trump's new campaign for the GOP: appropriating Dems work and calling it their own.

"Hey, remember how the GOP fu**ed home owners? Remember how the GOP fu**ed the middle class? Remember when a $600 "tax rebate" shut y'all up for a few months? Remember how the scary ni**** fixed everything and the economy improved? Vote for the GOP so we can do that emotional and financial roller coaster over again!"
                      Well, the GOP has been doing that all last month about how only the Republicans can save health care. He's just piling on.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Well, the GOP has been doing that all last month about how only the Republicans can save health care. He's just piling on.
                        Well, come on now. We have to hear both sides on Health Care and the Economy. The Democrats destroyed the economy in 2008 and they had no solid foundational reason for passing Obamacare. Everything was perfect with Health Care and the Economy until those Democrats mucked it all up. Give the Republicans a chance.

Comment

No, you're in agreement with some vague, unspecified, unknown position somewhere, no one knows exactly where because you never articulate what it is you do stand for, amorphous place somewhere in "the center". Because both sides are equally bad.

As if not staking out a position is something to be proud of. We know you think it makes you all superior to the rest of the partisans out there.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I have never said both sides are equally bad. Both sides do some bad things. That's a huge difference. Thanks for trying, though.

Comment

I have never said both sides are equally bad. Both sides do some bad things. That's a huge difference. Thanks for trying, though.
                              So vote for the side that does far FAR fewer bad things. That alone will make it better. Then if the other side wants to win, it will have to do even FEWER bad things than the side that does far FAR less. And after that, vote for the side who AGAIN is willing to to do even fewer STILL bad things. See how it works? You don't have to vote for perfect candidates because there are none. You don't have to vote for candidates who agree with you on every point because it's likely there are none of those too. The Obama video linked in one of these threads from a Wisconsin speech last week sums it up well. One election isn't going to fix everything. It might not even fix a lot. But it is a start. So unless you truly believe both sides are substantially equally bad, vote for the side that is less bad. If you find them equal, we really do need to stop speaking with you because that would prove you are hopeless. Every piece of evidence available shows the republicans have been to blame for far more bad policy, far more polarization and have been espousing exponentially more lies and falsehoods. More war, more soldiers dying, more deficits, more spending, more racism, more hate crimes, its all been happening on the republican watch for 2 generations now. In the 1990s I voted for republicans. In 2000, the only time I have ever voted in a primary when a general election would be contested, was for a republican. Had Obama picked a loser for VP and McCain picked a winner, I would have voted for McCain. I am no blind partisan. Both sides may be bad Brent, but one side is not only clearly worse, it is actually evil. You seem like a truly good guy to me, someone who works hard and is probably a good neighbor. Please wake up to what is happening in our country and do the right thing.

Comment

So to recap:

We had Jews killed at a synagogue by a white man.
                                We had a white guy killing black people at a Krogers. (wanted to enter a black church before that)
                                Democrats targeted by white man with mail bombs

But the real threat is the border? We need 5000 troops at the border to stop a bunch of people asking for asylum?
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X