This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros V

York was signed by the Lightning to a two-way contract through the end of the season:
    http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=754789

Seems odd to replace the AHL two-way with the NHL. No injuries up top, Vasilevskiy has been fine, and I assume Gudlevskis is next in line.
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
      York was signed by the Lightning to a two-way contract through the end of the season:

Seems odd to replace the AHL two-way with the NHL. No injuries up top, Vasilevskiy has been fine, and I assume Gudlevskis is next in line.
      Perhaps they want one of those other two for a Crunch postseason run. Not sure where Tampa is in NHL standings, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Perhaps they want one of those other two for a Crunch postseason run. Not sure where Tampa is in NHL standings, though.
        Some thoughts on twitter/HFboards that Vasilevskiy or Gudlevskis might be on the trading block.
        RPI Class of 2012
        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

York just doesn't seem to get off the roller coaster. At least I would think that going to NHL two way should be a raise in pay.
          Would love to see him get another shot at the NHL.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            York just doesn't seem to get off the roller coaster. At least I would think that going to NHL two way should be a raise in pay.
            Would love to see him get another shot at the NHL.
            There is still time for him. As i have often mentioned, goalies can hang around for years before finally getting their best shot. Not usually the case for forwards. Tampa Bay is a playoff team almost for certain. Their main competition may just well be Montreal who has about the best goals against average around and a series with them could well be decided by goaltending. And you can never have enough as back up as my NY Rangers have discovered. Thankfully Cam Talbot has stepped in and performed so well since the extending injury time for King Henry could have otherwise destroyed their promising season.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Insurance for Tampa Bay. Any team could’ve signed Yorkie to an NHL contact (2 way) thus they would’ve lost their backup on Syr. Neither goalie on their ECHL Team is property of Tampa. Still, good for Yorkie.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

With the recent retirement of Evgeni Nabokov, Tampa Bay had been left with three goalies under NHL contracts: Ben Bishop, Andrei Vasilevskiy and Kristers Gudlevskis. NHL teams want to have four signed at any given time, in case two get hurt.

York started this season with Florida of the ECHL. Had the Lightning waited until after the NHL trade deadline of March 2 to sign York to a NHL contract, he would not have been eligible to play for Syracuse the rest of the season..... http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/index...80164df9e51bfd
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Interesting, Tampa has assigned G Andrei Vasilevskiy back to Syracuse. No move yet concerning Yorkie. Being reported that Vasileskiy will get tonight’s start vs Rochester. Tampa doesn’t play till Friday so he could go right back after tonight’s game.

Comment

Working...
                  X