Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Honest question, what did NK actually "sign off" on?
    This is what I was going off: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44453330

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Here ya go.
      One involves a candidate-turned-President talking about doing it. One involves actually doing it. One just wrote a blank check. The other asked for something in return.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        So, we can pizz on the relations we already have with friendly countries in the region, like SK, Japan, and others, and cozying up to the brutal dictator is a better option?

You truly are the densest person on this board.
        South Korea and Japan like the status quo?
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          My comment is this puts into perspective how big of mistake leaving TPP was. It’s in our interest to have a strong alliance with the countries in Asia other than China and I think that this moves us in that direction.
          Want to be a part of TPP? What are we going to get out of it? China's not getting everything.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
            I'm truly missing how he has an upper-hand. Yes, he finally met with the leader of the free world, but I don't think anybody is going to give him a free pass if he tries to use that to show NK is a top country. He's still crazy and I think everyone is wondering what he will do next but it has always been a wait-and-see game with NK and that hasn't changed. What are his next steps? Don't denuclearize and everything stays the same with Trump even more ****ed and bigger sanctions. Or denuclearize and the start of what everyone should want.
            Cause Trumpy will take any meeting. will give him anything. Because Trumpy "likes" him, and "respects" him. Because Trumpy has already given him things, while demanding nothing in return. He can play Trumpy just like Putin does, and he knows it. Trumpy just wants "the deal". It doesn't matter what "the deal" is, just so long as its something he can brag about. He can see Trumpy's desire to be accepted by other tin pot dictators, to be one of them. it's palpable. And Kim will use all that against him.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

South Korea and Japan like the status quo?
              They may not like it, but they work with us to help change it. They definitely don't want a NK with nukes who's pally with the United States, while they're relegated to the cheap seats.

Which would you rather have? The US standing with SK, Japan, and for the most part China standing against NK, or standing with NK against Japan, SK, and China? Cause that second option doesn't look too appealing to me.
              Last edited by rufus; 06-12-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Third, we conceded to cease joint military operations with SK. Something Kim's wanted forever.
                uhhhh. the US is pulling out of ktown? all tv told mookie was they are not going to hold the next exercise "war games".
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  They may not like it, but they work with is to help change it. They definitely don't want a NK with nukes who's pally with the United States, while they're relegated to the cheap seats.
                  Perhaps you missed it, but that isn’t what is being proposed right now.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Right, neither promised anything specific, but you phrased it that we only "pledged" stuff while NK "signed off" on stuff, implying that we somehow got one over on them. Both gave vague promises without any actual details; the first detail we've gotten since is the cancellation of military exercises, which is a bit noteworthy. Granted nothing has actually happened yet, but so far the count is we will do 1 follow-up thing and they will do 0. That all could change, but that is what we have heard thus far.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

didn't lil kim blow up his broken mtn, AND release the 3 almosticans?

Comment

So, nothing.

Except, NK has committed, in formal negotiated accords,, to far more than that in the past, and ignored them them every time. So again, this time it's different? Because...…………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦...Trumpy?

Comment

Perhaps you missed it, but that isn’t what is being proposed right now.
                          Give it time.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Right, neither promised anything specific, but you phrased it that we only "pledged" stuff while NK "signed off" on stuff, implying that we somehow got one over on them. Both gave vague promises without any actual details; the first detail we've gotten since is the cancellation of military exercises, which is a bit noteworthy. Granted nothing has actually happened yet, but so far the count is we will do 1 follow-up thing and they will do 0. That all could change, but that is what we have heard thus far.
                            My intention was not to imply we got something new from them, but rather than Trump didn't quite get outfoxed as some imply. If they don't do what they agreed to in the document (reaffirming the agreement to denuclearize), I don't see the U.S. actually doing the 1 follow-up thing. I don't have a good opinion of Trump, especially as a negotiator, but I'd like to think he won't follow through until NK starts to do what they promised earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              So, nothing.

Except, NK has committed, in formal negotiated accords,, to far more than that in the past, and ignored them them every time. So again, this time it's different? Because...…………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦...Trumpy?
                              You're right. Never should have even attempted to have a meeting and do something successful. Just let them do whatever they want while helping the government starve the people (not that they need any).

edit: were any of those promises from KJU?
                              Last edited by cF[Authentic]; 06-12-2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

eighty two MMIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLI ON dollars

Comment

Working...
                                X