Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Whoops! My bad. Don't lose hope, Holy Cross. The Blues were in last place on Jan. 3.
    I've got to say, having Holy Cross now playing in D1 is triggering for me as a Gopher fan. If they make the tourney, I am picking up some paint thinner.
    Last edited by Leather helmet; 09-24-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
      ... I am picking up some paint thinner.
      If it comes to that, at least this forum has a resident expert to give you recommendations.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
        I've got to say, having Holy Cross now playing in D1 is triggering for me as a Gopher fan. If they make the tourney, I am picking up some paint thinner.
        Mills Fleet Farm's is way better than Menard's. A lot less kick upfront and a smooth finish on the backend.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Interview with Kinger:

https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ey-hockey-east
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            T3, Crowley pulled a complete Belichick (as would everyone else) on the transfers question but then was unusually candid when answering your question about what Anastos brings to the staff. I read it as saying, in essence, that among other things she will provide the coaches with needed awareness of and attention to the student side of the student-athlete equation at BC: “One of the biggest things is she went to school here; she knows what it’s all about and knows the ins and outs of BC that maybe Court and I are a little too removed from them.” Did you find this to be something of a revelation/confession after all this time? Very interesting to have this emerge from the standard “excited about the season” talk.
            Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 09-26-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
              “One of the biggest things is she went to school here; she knows what it’s all about and knows the ins and outs of BC that maybe Court and I are a little too removed from them.” Did you find this to be something of a revelation/confession after all this time? Very interesting to have this emerge from the standard “excited about the season” talk.
              I didn't really see it as her saying anything particularly groundbreaking, I'm sure they're cognizant of the fact that they haven't been in school for a while and having a sort of recent graduate intermediary is a good thing to have.

I don't think we've had a BC grad as an assistant in a long while, and I think they recognize that having someone who's been in that BC Women's Hockey Student Athlete position in a leadership role will be helpful. But when she said it I wouldn't say that it struck me as being anything more than that.

Comment

I didn't really see it as her saying anything particularly groundbreaking, I'm sure they're cognizant of the fact that they haven't been in school for a while and having a sort of recent graduate intermediary is a good thing to have.

I don't think we've had a BC grad as an assistant in a long while, and I think they recognize that having someone who's been in that BC Women's Hockey Student Athlete position in a leadership role will be helpful. But when she said it I wouldn't say that it struck me as being anything more than that.
                Just my opinion but I think having a former student athlete from the program in the coaching staff can be a huge benefit to the program. An endorsement of the coaches and their way of doing things, so to speak. Always helps when said asst was a highly respected player in their playing days too, as I assume Anastos was given her captaincy.

Comment

First weekend preview of the year! https://www.bcinterruption.com/bosto...ns-hockey-east

Comment

The Merrimack goalie who is a senior this year is the one who beat the Gophers; just saying.

No ice cream this year? Good to know, I'll need to read your previews as a main course, not just for dessert.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

The Merrimack goalie who is a senior this year is the one who beat the Gophers; just saying.

No ice cream this year? Good to know, I'll need to read your previews as a main course, not just for dessert.
                      After 20-something ice creams I was running out of ideas!

Yeah Demers is really good too, but I just have Ridgewell PTSD and I'm glad she's not there anymore haha. That'll be true when Grant-Mentis graduates too!

Comment

• Re: Boston College Women's Hockey 2019-2020 (And Forum Common Room): Sisyphus Tries A

That'll be true when Grant-Mentis graduates too!
                        Yeah, she got us too and I wondered why I hadn't heard of her before.

Comment

Yeah, she got us too and I wondered why I hadn't heard of her before.
                          Grants are always causing problems I swear

Comment

Tigers too

Comment

Lots of penalties tonight. Clarkson(4) & Syracuse(3) had a bunch, too.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                When you pitch a story, is it a Grant proposal?

Comment

Working...
                                X