Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Why are they up in arms?
    Since the 4pm game has *traditionally* gone to the higher seed, the sentiment is that HE is changing the schedule to suit their coffers rather than favoring the higher seed.

Carvel's take?

Last edited by Kieron; 03-18-2019, 12:46 PM.
    GO MINUTEMEN

Comment

Wouldn’t it be funny if they both win Friday and battle for the only chance to make the ncaa despite horrible season for both teams
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron View Post
        Since the 4pm game has *traditionally* gone to the higher seed, the sentiment is that HE is changing the schedule to suit their coffers rather than favoring the higher seed.

Carvel's take?

https://***********/CoachCarvelUM/status/1107433355526721536
        Not "changing the schedule." It has always been determined by which game TV thinks is the better ratings garner. Regarding "to suite their coffers," yeah, no sh*! More games = more revenue.

Comment

When you've only been there 3 times in your program's entire history, your fanbase feels like you're getting the "Rodney Dangerfield Treatment"
          GO MINUTEMEN

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron View Post
            When you've only been there 3 times in your program's entire history, your fanbase feels like you're getting the "Rodney Dangerfield Treatment"
            At one time I believe the #1 seed had the choice (and they usually opted for the first game). I'm actually not sure when it changed. It certainly is understandable, because it can make a huge difference in hockey (witness 2008 when the BC/UNH game went 3OT and the BU/Vermont game started at 11:00 if I recall. I think Sean knows more accurately.

Comment

At one time I believe the #1 seed had the choice (and they usually opted for the first game). I'm actually not sure when it changed. It certainly is understandable, because it can make a huge difference in hockey (witness 2008 when the BC/UNH game went 3OT and the BU/Vermont game started at 11:00 if I recall. I think Sean knows more accurately.
              The last 2 times BU entered the HE Semifinals as the #1 seed (2009, 2015), BU played the late game for the reasons cited.

Comment

If I'm you I would buy the cheapest seat and sit wherever you want. Nobody will be at a 4:00 p.m. game, and whoever loses the first game will be out of there by 7:00 anyway. Hopefully BU will have more than the 300 or so that showed up yesterday...
                I have an extra ticket row 7 in Section 316. Happy to sell to a BU fan for $15

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis113c View Post
                  I have an extra ticket row 7 in Section 316. Happy to sell to a BU fan for $15
                  Well I had heard about it and now public... No longer do we get our seats through Agganis have to use special code to login and get from ticketmaster… Yeah well that doesn't set up too much potential people logging in who shouldn't …. So much for the advantage of being a long time season ticket holder..... I am just hopeful the special code has areas boxed out for us... dont think ill be seeing my Loge 2 as usual...

Comment

Chickod is right and it goes for Beanpot first night too, buy the cheapest seat and you’ll have 8,000-10,000 to pick from for your game, ( you reading this FiveHole12?)whichever one it is . Been this way for 8-10 years.

Comment

47 years ago when the college hockey season was much shorter, the NCAA title game was played on this date with BU shutting out Cornell to become the first Eastern school to win back-to-back titles. Jack Kelley's final game behind the BU bench. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsRcmOB6LoY
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Possibly of interest to BU fans: Enrico Blasi out as Miami coach

Comment

has anyone used the pairwise predictor to see what the boys can do to get into the tourney??
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            has anyone used the pairwise predictor to see what the boys can do to get into the tourney??
                            Um...win the Hockey East Tournament. Just like last year. (I mean, you're joking, right?)

Comment

Win two games and you are in NCAA tournament. Get it done.

Comment

Possibly of interest to BU fans: Enrico Blasi out as Miami coach
                                Ayers out. Blasi in. I'd do it.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X