D3 18-19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Plattsburgh's game with Endicott Wednesday night is going to be a parking nightmare. Also playing that night are two high school regional BB games. The boys' game at 7:30 is expected to sell out. There is also a girls' regional game at 5:30. Plan accordingly...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      Did he at least pronounce all the school names correctly...?
      Yes...but stumbled !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
        Plattsburgh's game with Endicott Wednesday night is going to be a parking nightmare. Also playing that night are two high school regional BB games. The boys' game at 7:30 is expected to sell out. There is also a girls' regional game at 5:30. Plan accordingly...
        Everyone wants to see GIII !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• So I just watched "Max Shoemaker" do the announcement for the D3 tournament. I noticed they had no photos or video of some of the teams but lots for others. Seems a bit lacking in professionalism to broadcast a show in such an incomplete manner. Could they really not find any pics or video of those teams?! It came across like they just didn't bother trying. I have a question. Why do 4 AQ teams have to play First Round games while at large bids get placed straight into the Quarterfinals? Seems backwards to me. Is it a regionalism thing? Ok, that's 2 questions. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
            So I just watched "Max Shoemaker" do the announcement for the D3 tournament. I noticed they had no photos or video of some of the teams but lots for others. Seems a bit lacking in professionalism to broadcast a show in such an incomplete manner. Could they really not find any pics or video of those teams?! It came across like they just didn't bother trying. I have a question. Why do 4 AQ teams have to play First Round games while at large bids get placed straight into the Quarterfinals? Seems backwards to me. Is it a regionalism thing? Ok, that's 2 questions. Lol.
            Well 2 of the 4 are the lowest ranked/seeded teams in the tournament so they should play in the first round. An AQ doesn't mean they are better than a non AQ team. Like imagine if Elmira and Plattsburgh were still in the same conference. Would you send Elmira to Endicott since Endicott got an AQ and Elmira didn't (assuming Elmira was an at large bid)?

Having watched a lot of games involving Hamline/St Thomas/Eau Claire/River Falls/Adrian and games involving Plattsburgh/Williams/Norwich.
            I feel confident that any of those 5 west teams could beat those 3 east teams. Of course I'll probably be very disappointed once again this year....lol

But in reality its a money thing...

If they're going to do everything in their power to avoid flying teams in the quarters...they most definitely aren't going to fly teams in the first round.

Elmira and Adrian have to play in the quarters cuz of the 500 mile issue.

If they had Eau Claire/River Falls Play on Wednesday--not only would it be like the 5th time this year...but then they would end up flying a team in the quarters. Likely the lowest rated east team left to St Thomas. Which the NCAA isn't going to do.
            Last edited by gojackets; 03-04-2019, 12:20 PM.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              So I just watched "Max Shoemaker" do the announcement for the D3 tournament. I noticed they had no photos or video of some of the teams but lots for others. Seems a bit lacking in professionalism to broadcast a show in such an incomplete manner. Could they really not find any pics or video of those teams?! It came across like they just didn't bother trying. I have a question. Why do 4 AQ teams have to play First Round games while at large bids get placed straight into the Quarterfinals? Seems backwards to me. Is it a regionalism thing? Ok, that's 2 questions. Lol.
              5-5 split and the wonderful mileage limits didn't help. There are also pluses to the first round games. Another reason, PWR is the way to seed them as much as possible, not AQ.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                5-5 split and the wonderful mileage limits didn't help. There are also pluses to the first round games. Another reason, PWR is the way to seed them as much as possible, not AQ.
                PWR is the only way to seed them. AQs mean nothing.

However, as you well know but this is for shelfit, PWR doesn't mean much when it comes to bracketing. D3 rules and budget concerns do.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Thank you, gentlemen, for explaining it for me. Now I get it. The tournament does look like it's the best of the best of D3 hockey so there should be some good games along the way to crowning a champion. I hate seeing blowout wins in either the D1 or D3 tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    Thank you, gentlemen, for explaining it for me. Now I get it. The tournament does look like it's the best of the best of D3 hockey so there should be some good games along the way to crowning a champion. I hate seeing blowout wins in either the D1 or D3 tournaments.
                    Plattsburgh is going to blowout Endicott. There, I said it.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      That's the game I had in mind when I made my blowout comment. I don't think that'll be a surprise to anyone. The only surprise will be if Endicott somehow keeps it close.
                      Last edited by shelfit; 03-04-2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Endicott @ Plattsburgh will be a 5:00 PM ET face off. Largely to mitigate the NYSPHSAA boys basketball game featuring JGIII for which a lot of tickets have already been sold and thus a lot of parking needed.
                        Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-04-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          Endicott by 5...there I said it
                          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                            Endicott @ Plattsburgh will be a 5:00 PM ET face off. Largely to mitigate the NYSPHSAA boys basketball game featuring JGIII for which a lot of tickets have already been sold and thus a lot of parking needed.
                            Pretty disgusting to screw your college women's team in favor of a high school basketball game. Glad to see the college has its priorities straight.
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post
                              Pretty disgusting to screw your college women's team in favor of a high school basketball game. Glad to see the college has its priorities straight.
                              The ladies are used to playing earlier in the day. I am sure the idea is to get the people coming for the 7:30 hoop game to come early and wactch some hockey first. Sports fans would love to see both events and this will allow it. I am one of them. BTW, this isn't just any hs game. JG3, Syracuse recruit plays for Glen's Falls. This makes it a win win.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                I'm assuming Plattsburgh makes money on the deal. And I don't know how much two hours really "screws" them. Screwing them would be saying we have too much going on with the NYSPHSAA basketball games taking place that day and declining to bid to host the first round which would have sent them to Endicott instead of hosting. Maybe the chaos of everything going on at the field house that afternoon will go to further unnerve a team that's on the road against a team that's faster and outscored them at an almost even 2 to 1 clip this year.

Does it suck to be playing in the first round as a 3 seed? Yes. But if Plattsburgh is truly a championship team, they should be able to defeat a team that went 0-2-1 against ranked teams this season, whether it's Saturday night or a Wednesday afternoon. The team has to focus on the things they can control, and they can't control the bracket or the schedule. They can control how they prepare for and play in potentially two playoff games in 4 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X