Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Auto bid for 2026 still needs to be determined. I say give it to Canada.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Auto bid for 2026 still needs to be determined. I say give it to Canada.
      I imagine they'll give it to all three.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        I imagine they'll give it to all three.
        Certainly. Though with 48 teams the US might even have qualified on its own.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          That sucks...the new stadium could do it well i think.
          May have to find a game to travel to then.
          Qatar
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Certainly. Though with 48 teams the US might even have qualified on its own.
            Dont underestimate our ability to fail.
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Dont underestimate our ability to fail.
              We failed once in since 1990...jesus

MEXICO almost failed last time...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

Sorry. Not sorry. We shouldn't ever miss qualification. Especially going forward as we get to 48 teams.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Sorry. Not sorry. We shouldn't ever miss qualification. Especially going forward as we get to 48 teams.
                  **** happens, get over it.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

**** happens, get over it.
                    I am over it. Doesnt mean i can't call back to it in internet forums.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I am over it. Doesnt mean i can't call back to it in internet forums.
                      we shouldn't ever miss in a 48 team setup with CONCACAF getting 6+ bids but under the previous format Mexico (a superior setup) almost failed in 2014 and we failed by a hair in 2018...like I said, **** happens, complacency festered within US soccer and there was a missed generation in there that really hurt the US. Acting like we suck now and may never qualify again is just disingenuous.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Acting like we suck now and may never qualify again is just disingenuous.
                        I was just getting in a cheap shot, personally.

I don't think we'll ever miss again now that it's 48 and presumably headed to $ixty-four someday. I do think the US will get better and better until they are a solid B+ competitor in the Portugal / Uruguay / Nigeria class. We're just so big and rich that we'll throw gobs of money and bodies at it.

Then again, frickin' Italy missed.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Worst part is we were the ones who farking bailed them out. Could they return the favor last year? Of course not.

I understand playing to win every game, but I don't think any one associated with US Soccer would've complained had we not scored those two extra time goals to lift Mexico up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I was just getting in a cheap shot, personally.

I don't think we'll ever miss again now that it's 48 and presumably headed to $ixty-four someday. I do think the US will get better and better until they are a solid B+ competitor in the Portugal / Uruguay / Nigeria class. We're just so big and rich that we'll throw gobs of money and bodies at it.

Then again, frickin' Italy missed.
                            Europe and South America are just a tad harder to qualify from than North America, where it's the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, and everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              Europe and South America are just a tad harder to qualify from than North America, where it's the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, and everyone else.
                              Don't sleep on Turks and Caicos.
                              Cornell University

Comment

I really hope they reconsider the 16 groups of 3 to 12 groups of 4...we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                X