Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regional Rankings

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    This seems a pretty obvious starting point. 8-4 looks most likely. 7-5 is possible if someone like MSOE wins the NCHA tournament. Beyond that, it seems that a 8-4 is almost inevitable...

BTW The "other site's" Bracketology is up....
    I hope it's 7-5. So many people would lose their minds.

Adrian
    St. Norbert
    Concordia/Marian/Scholastica/Lake Forest/MSOE
    Point
    MIAC

There's no way they can leave out Adrian, Norbert, or Point.

Comment

The photo on the other site in the Road to Lake Placid article appears to be of the most scenic roads in the Adirondacks. NYS Rte 73, also known as Cascade Road. This particular photo looks like it is taken about halfway between Lake Placid and Keene, NY While you are in Placid for the final 4, I would suggest taking a trip between games along one or more of these beautiful roads in the area. Enjoy the weekend.
      Last edited by Birdwatcher; 02-14-2018, 11:33 PM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
        I hope it's 7-5. So many people would lose their minds.

Adrian
        St. Norbert
        Concordia/Marian/Scholastica/Lake Forest/MSOE
        Point
        MIAC

There's no way they can leave out Adrian, Norbert, or Point.
        Might as well move the Frozen Four to KB Willett while they are at it.
        5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
          Might as well move the Frozen Four to KB Willett while they are at it.
          That's next year!
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            That's next year!
            Why would the NCAA do that when they can hold it in an arena with 2000 empty seats?
            5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              The photo on the other site in the Road to Lake Placid article appears to be of the most scenic roads in the Adirondacks. NYS Rte 73, also known as Cascade Road. This particular photo looks like it is taken about halfway between Lake Placid and Keene, NY While you are in Placid for the final 4, I would suggest taking a trip between games along one or more of these beautiful roads in the area. Enjoy the weekend.
              Yes......please take the time to check out the area scenery. But the road in the photo is headed from Lake Placid to Keene. The Cascade is actually on the left traveling from Keene to Lake Placid. But the area scenery is great,don't miss it.

NU56
              Old Member
              Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                Yes......please take the time to check out the area scenery. But the road in the photo is headed from Lake Placid to Keene. The Cascade is actually on the left traveling from Keene to Lake Placid. But the area scenery is great,don't miss it.
                Agree 100%
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Agree 100%
                  Way better on a motorcycle.....
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                    Way better on a motorcycle.....
                    Still a bit cold in March for a motorcycle...
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Still a bit cold in March for a motorcycle...
                      A few years ago it was close to 60 in LP during Championship Weekend.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

And one year, it was close to zero.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I almost rode that year, but I would have had to come home that night and drive back for the championship.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by NU56 View Post
                            I believe I did say from Cascade Rd, Rt 73

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Somebody is missing from the East Rankings. Where are the Cadets?
                              No kidding... What are they smoking to place Buff State and (more egregiously, Plymouth) in ahead of NU, and to have Plymouth ahead of Utica, who was "ranked" and should be behind NU? One would have to assume that this initial ranking is just a way to set the table down the road for some possible machinations... Such a tiresome exercise of officially-sanctioned BS. No wonder D-3 hockey gets no respect.

How about this: if D-3 is so in love with the silly weekend AQ's, fine, but let the rest of the field be chosen via any objective measure. That could be KRACH, could be RPI, could be a PWR of some sort, but for God's sake make it transparent, already. Pretty sure that there's no iron-clad ridiculous D-3 by-law that precludes that, and the field therefore selects itself, and the committee will only be called-upon to site the games.

(Yes, another can of worms there.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                No kidding... What are they smoking to place Buff State and (more egregiously, Plymouth) in ahead of NU, and to have Plymouth ahead of Utica, who was "ranked" and should be behind NU? One would have to assume that this initial ranking is just a way to set the table down the road for some possible machinations... Such a tiresome exercise of officially-sanctioned BS. No wonder D-3 hockey gets no respect.

How about this: if D-3 is so in love with the silly weekend AQ's, fine, but let the rest of the field be chosen via any objective measure. That could be KRACH, could be RPI, could be a PWR of some sort, but for God's sake make it transparent, already. Pretty sure that there's no iron-clad ridiculous D-3 by-law that precludes that, and the field therefore selects itself, and the committee will only be called-upon to site the games.

(Yes, another can of worms there.)
                                Refer to the Static Sheets at www.ncaa.com and it may help you understand why the rankings are what the are. Only W/L percentage and SOS were used this week.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X