Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWE: Things Are About To Get Rowdy

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That's fascinating. If I were an announcer I wouldn't want to know. I'd want to do it straight and be surprised along with the audience. That would make me the voice of the audience.

Is there a safeword for when someone f-cks up and gets hurt? I assume at this point kayfabe is broken in a medical emergency since otherwise Vince would be sued into oblivion.
    Referee will make an X with his arms over his head. That's the universal sign for "someone's hurt for real, drop the act and get medical attention." Even this can be played off in kayfabe by an alert team though (and some feds actually use the X sign as part of the show, which I vehemently disagree with.)
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That's fascinating. If I were an announcer I wouldn't want to know. I'd want to do it straight and be surprised along with the audience. That would make me the voice of the audience.
      In WWE the announcer has Vince talking to them in their ear the entire time, a lot of times feeding them lines to say.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

kayfabe is actually a perfect metaphor for the USG under Dump.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Referee will make an X with his arms over his head. That's the universal sign for "someone's hurt for real, drop the act and get medical attention." Even this can be played off in kayfabe by an alert team though (and some feds actually use the X sign as part of the show, which I vehemently disagree with.)
          This, and IIRC, Hulk didn't know he'd beat Andre until right before the match in WIII.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            In WWE the announcer has Vince talking to them in their ear the entire time, a lot of times feeding them lines to say.
            I get that -- it's all one single-entity orchestrated to max out the bottom line, like MLS.

(Waiting for Jim. Waiting for Jim...)
            Last edited by Kepler; 04-09-2019, 09:05 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I get that -- it's all one single-entity orchestrated to max out the bottom line, like MLS.

Yet with relegation and promotion
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don't always get gratification. But when I do, I like it immediate.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Bork lost.
                      Kofi won.
                      The Man won.

They actually listened.
                      The results were good but still blah on the story lines and story telling. The main event was a very flat finish I thought. Yeah it's great Becky won, but I didn't care for how it all happened to be honest. Plus, they really cooled her off over the last month or so and made it a triple threat instead of just going Becky vs. Ronda like it should have been from the beginning.

Kofi winning was cool. They'll take the belt off him quickly though.

7.5 hours is wayyyy too **** long for a show. You can't possibly keep people interested that long.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Kofi winning was cool. They'll take the belt off him quickly though.
                        I'd like to see him defend it once against Ali, then I honestly wouldn't mind putting it back on Bryan again. He's doing brilliant work with the planet champ gimmick.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

THE KILLING OF BRUISER BRODY

https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video...40777bcd280731
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

That flame background looks awfully familiar...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Former Diva search winner Ashley Massaro has died at age 39
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

That flame background looks awfully familiar...
                                Wrestling on TNT? What could possibly go...

...actually, Vince just gave Bork the MITB.

Have at it, AEW.

Comment

Working...
                                X