Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Any thoughts on who takes biggest point jumps for UMD? My vote would probably go to N Cates, but I think Laderoute could really jump. I see him improving similar to Richards from freshman to sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD622 View Post
      I like UMD to win the league. Denver a close second. North Dakota should be good again with a solid defense and goaltending. I think St Cloud will take a few steps back after losing a lot. Not sure what to expect from Omaha, CC or Miami. My sleeper team is Western if they can get some quality goaltending and Allison stays healthy.
      We’ve been expecting a breakout year for WMU every year, still hasn’t happened. CC had a tiny bit of momentum last year but I wouldn’t expect much
      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Originally posted by biddco View Post
        no way. This year i'd pick umd over scsu but overall i think du will win the nchc.
        wise.choice
        GO DU !!!

Comment

CC hurting losing stud goaltender Alex LeClerc to the minor league professional ranks.
          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
            CC hurting losing stud goaltender Alex LeClerc to the minor league professional ranks.
            But they got a grad transfer from Northeastern who will be pretty good.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
              We’ve been expecting a breakout year for WMU every year, still hasn’t happened. CC had a tiny bit of momentum last year but I wouldn’t expect much
              Yeah, agree. I do feel like Western gets respectable goalie play and they will be right there at the end of the season. They only finished two pts behind UMD last year, but missed NCAAs becaus of some non-con losses. They return a lot of veteran goal scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                But they got a grad transfer from Northeastern who will be pretty good.
                I’m curious how telling it is that Michaud left when he would have been integral part of that team. They were older team last year, but do still return Halloran. I think CC may take a step back this year, but still may be trending in the right direction.

Comment

I’m curious how telling it is that Michaud left when he would have been integral part of that team. They were older team last year, but do still return Halloran. I think CC may take a step back this year, but still may be trending in the right direction.
                  I would have to agree. I'll be interested to see how SCSU goes with Larson now getting more of his guys on the roster and what happens to Miami now that they have a new coach.

Shepard and Wolff will have the 'C' this year. Pretty cool to have Shep have the C. No word if there will be assistant captains or not but they have not had them when they had two captains before.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Anybody know if Dev McCabe is still committed and also where he is playing this year. I think he ended the year with Sioux City but haven’t seen his name in box scores as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I would have to agree. I'll be interested to see how SCSU goes with Larson now getting more of his guys on the roster and what happens to Miami now that they have a new coach.

Shepard and Wolff will have the 'C' this year. Pretty cool to have Shep have the C. No word if there will be assistant captains or not but they have not had them when they had two captains before.
                      While I think Shep deserves it, I hope his captaincy is more ceremonial than functional. I wouldn’t want him thinking or doing anymore than he’s been doing.

Comment

Anybody know if Dev McCabe is still committed and also where he is playing this year. I think he ended the year with Sioux City but haven’t seen his name in box scores as of yet.
                        He is still committed but I don't see him on the roster for Sioux City. I am not sure what's going on with that.
                        Last edited by Biddco; 09-15-2019, 02:16 PM.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../devlin-mccabe

has him listed as coming to UMD a year from now, but its a bit early for this year's team rosters to be posted.

McCabe put up decent numbers with Lincoln Stars in the USHL in 2017-18, but regressed a bit last year and was traded to Sioux City. IMHO, he does not look like a top 6 forward, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                            https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../devlin-mccabe

has him listed as coming to UMD a year from now, but its a bit early for this year's team rosters to be posted.

McCabe put up decent numbers with Lincoln Stars in the USHL in 2017-18, but regressed a bit last year and was traded to Sioux City. IMHO, he does not look like a top 6 forward, but I hope he proves me wrong.
                            Yeah, wondering if he was dealing with an injury last year. Also, hard to read into his numbers last year because Lincoln was so bad and then Sioux City was loaded w guys like Brink, Macelli, Psospisil, etc, so I’m wondering if his role was different with Sioux City.

Are posted USHL rosters just preliminary at this point and not final?

Comment

https://kdal610.com/blogs/ciskie-blo...c-predictions/

Ciskie picking UMD to finish first analogous to kid wishing for a pony for Christmas.

My picks: Denver, UND, SCSU, UMD, Western, CC, Omaha, Miami.

Comment

Mine
                                1. Denver: with how well the young team still managed to fare last year despite all the losses, just maybe
                                2. UMD: only because if we haven’t won a regular season in over 1/4 of a decade, why start now...
                                3. Western: they’ve been on the verge of breaking out every year, this year they just may do it with their returning talent. My dark horse pick to surprise and compete for the top, but we’re used to them coming short year after year as well so I’ll leave them at a totally achievable third
                                4. UND: giving them benefit of the doubt and hopefully 4th in NCHC is good enough for a NCAA bid
                                5. SCSU: wondering if 19-20 season will be tantamount to the 18-19 DU season whereas Ahcan is the backstop Luko was for DU and they actually become contenders. I’d put them higher but they just lost so much scoring...
                                6. Miami: nice little shake-up in coaching
                                7. CC
                                8. Omaha
                                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X